UK General election 2010

Started by mhacadoir, April 06, 2010, 10:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Janet street porter on question time - what a bollocks. Who let her out...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

CiKe

Not seen the second one yet, thought Cameron was pretty decent actually apart from the inheritance, and Clegg was good apart from where Cameron pursued him on 1.2mn immigrants or something. That said I actually agree that some sort of amnesty is necessary and as he said it should not be blanket but tested some way. Brown's closing speech was all out attack which I thought was clever as they couldn't rebutt him.

He doesn't have a pups chance though, but still think he is the most trustworthy (no great compliment). Clegg I must say really grew on me, very very populist though with the banker bashing - think he would do decent job in coalition. Reform needed, but if he had his way there would be no City of London and London house prices would fall 10% overnight!

pintsofguinness

Watching question time - these eejits are obsessed with immigration!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

A Quinn Martin Production

I can't stand Cameron but I thought that was probably his best performance and for me he was the clear "winner" and in a debate about the economy that might prove significant.  Brown looks as though he's about to cowp and needs about three days sleep.  He has a terrible habit of quoting reams of statistics that mean nothing to 99% of the population.  Clegg looks good and is a good communicator but he's lucky there's not a 4th debate as I think the Lib Dems have run out of policies!!

I'm going to call it as a small Conservative overall majority (maybe 10-20 inc UCUNTS and Prodney Connor), enough to form a government but difficult to govern.  Lib Dems to get more votes than Labour but will not break 100 seats.  Another election in 12-18 months??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: comethekingdom on April 29, 2010, 10:41:37 PM
Watching bbc newsline there - where did ye get that Rodney McCune fella from?  :D

Mars!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

johnneycool

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 30, 2010, 09:39:42 AM
I can't stand Cameron but I thought that was probably his best performance and for me he was the clear "winner" and in a debate about the economy that might prove significant.  Brown looks as though he's about to cowp and needs about three days sleep.  He has a terrible habit of quoting reams of statistics that mean nothing to 99% of the population.  Clegg looks good and is a good communicator but he's lucky there's not a 4th debate as I think the Lib Dems have run out of policies!!

I'm going to call it as a small Conservative overall majority (maybe 10-20 inc UCUNTS and Prodney Connor), enough to form a government but difficult to govern.  Lib Dems to get more votes than Labour but will not break 100 seats.  Another election in 12-18 months??

That's all it is, a 'performance' for the masses from how they look at the camera, their suit, how they smile, a load of pish, but hey that's what it takes to get elected, then they'll do whatever they want irrespective of the empty promises.

Brown got nabbed by slabbering into a mic he ddin't know he had on, he'd smiled gleefully when the camera's were rolling but changed tune in the supposed safety of his car. He got caught out, but they're all pressing flesh, telling punters what they want to hear a load of false shite.

Bensars

if you think Cameron isnt an actor nor very accutely aware of where the cameras are, you are very naive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FnmnuDiVno

Canalman

Get the impression that Labour will do slightly better on election day than the polls indicate.

ONeill

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/elections/party-matcher

I'm

* 1  Liberal Democrats  64% similarity
* 2 Labour Party 64% similarity
* 3 Conservative Party 54% similarity

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EagleLord

Friend of mine from Preston, , I just said I'd vote for Cameron to piss him off, he says if I vote for Torys he'd never speak to me again! :D He hates this David Cameron with a passion, and having said that, I havent heard anyone say a good word about him, I've only heard people say he's a kunt....

Minder

Jeremy Paxman getting slammed by Plaid Cmryu economic adviser Dr Eurfyl ap Gwilym.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gy7f8vP2QY&feature=youtube_gdata
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sammymaguire

Quote from: ONeill on May 02, 2010, 10:14:10 AM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/elections/party-matcher

I'm

* 1  Liberal Democrats  64% similarity
* 2 Labour Party 64% similarity
* 3 Conservative Party 54% similarity

mmmmmmm

1 Liberal Democrats 62% similarity
2 Conservative Party 60% similarity
3 Labour Party 56% similarity
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

DuffleKing

How any sane person can take in what is going on around them and still vote tory is beyond me

ONeill

It's the Sun wot toul them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Didn't know where to put this.

They are reading (very slowly) the results of the Labour Leader ballot.

The candidate know the results but are not allowed to tell.

David Milliband is sitting with a huge grin (which disappears when he knows he's on camera) while the others look about to cry.
MWWSI 2017