Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Jaysus there is some shite talked in here these days.
Are ladz just bored or not have anything decent to write?

Yes yes I know it should be lads. Thanks.

Of course I should have included Conor Block Gormley in my CHB list but maybe there was more of a raw physicality about Seamy C but I know Conor was no (and from what I read IS STILL NO) shrinking violet.

Can't quite believe my eyes what some are saying about the McGearys.

I think most of us probably would have thought Rory Brennan would be well established in the team by this time

Therealdonald

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 16, 2018, 05:07:32 PM

Of course I should have included Conor Block Gormley in my CHB list but maybe there was more of a raw physicality about Seamy C but I know Conor was no (and from what I read IS STILL NO) shrinking violet.

I think most of us probably would have thought Rory Brennan would be well established in the team by this time

Everything I'm saying above I still stand by. When we win the All Ireland with either Mcgeary or Burns on I will eat my hat.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Therealdonald on April 16, 2018, 05:18:33 PM

Everything I'm saying above I still stand by. When we win the All Ireland with either Mcgeary or Burns on I will eat my hat.

Are you Colm O'Rourke? Burns is a superb footballer and a born CHB in the mould that is perfect for our gameplan, excellent positional sense to cover with a great ability to drive forward in possession and deliver a pass. Football is a game of opinions and in my view the McGeary's will prove to be a big addition to our team too. Granted they haven't set the world alight but HP was improving with every game this year adding much needed strength and aggression to our defence. Kieran has loads of potential, his point v Donegal in the 2016 Ulster final was excellent and he can win his own ball and deliver a pass too. They are fairly new to the squad and I think it's fairly  harsh to be writing them off so quickly.
That was never a square ball!!

Gaafan2

Frank Burns was one of our best performers, if not the best in this years League campaign after playing only 3 games. So to come out with the above statement is ridiculous. I think it's best to ignore any further posts from a troll like yourself.

Therealdonald

Quote from: gaafan2 on April 16, 2018, 07:21:52 PM

Frank Burns was one of our best performers, if not the best in this years League campaign after playing only 3 games. So to come out with the above statement is ridiculous. I think it's best to ignore any further posts from a troll like yourself.

I said it before, I didn't realise a difference of opinion had been outlawed in the free world....

Gaafan2

Quote from: Therealdonald on April 16, 2018, 07:30:25 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on April 16, 2018, 07:21:52 PM

I said it before, I didn't realise a difference of opinion had been outlawed in the free world....

I believe it's an opinion you hold on your own Troll.

Fuzzman

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 16, 2018, 05:37:12 PM

Are you Colm O'Rourke? Burns is a superb footballer and a born CHB in the mould that is perfect for our gameplan, excellent positional sense to cover with a great ability to drive forward in possession and deliver a pass. Football is a game of opinions and in my view the McGeary's will prove to be a big addition to our team too. Granted they haven't set the world alight but HP was improving with every game this year adding much needed strength and aggression to our defence. Kieran has loads of potential, his point v Donegal in the 2016 Ulster final was excellent and he can win his own ball and deliver a pass too. They are fairly new to the squad and I think it's fairly  harsh to be writing them off so quickly.

I second all that BH. The Pomeroy lads have certainly added a lot to the mix and sometimes you wonder do some fans want lads to fail or that they make a rash decision about them and then they spend the rest of their time trying to convince themselves they were right
McShane is a prime example, where the last 2 years he did make some bad shot selection choices and had the odd rush of blood to the head and got black cards but some fans go into games with pre-conceived ideas on players and they can do no right then. I'm guilty of it myself with say Ronan O'Neill despite him scoring some excellent goals over the last few years.

I have a feeling McShane could be a massive player for us this year. It will help him playing in Div 2 for his club as well and I see he scored 8 points for Owen Roes at the weekend. He is a cousin of Dooher at the end of the day. LOL

Fuzzman

I see Wenger resigned.

Relax, lads, only messing.

southtyronegael

wenger will leave at end of season. prob stayed a few years too long for some peoples liking but can walk away with his head held high and his legacy and dignity very much intact. its a pity mickey couldnt have done the same last august.

smort

Some win in the Buncrana Cup semi final

Tyrone 6-19 Doire 0-6!!  :o

southtyronegael

i see harte has kicked off a shitstorm on social media after leading the anti abortion campaign in the name of the gaa. the man just cant help himself. and it only 4 weeks to a huge first round championship game.

BennyHarp

Quote from: longballin on April 22, 2018, 03:32:02 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 22, 2018, 03:21:11 PM
i see harte has kicked off a shitstorm on social media after leading the anti abortion campaign in the name of the gaa. the man just cant help himself. and it only 4 weeks to a huge first round championship game.

The group said it "respects and cherishes women." There wasn't much respect for this woman.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/womans-fury-as-sex-attacker-given-reference-by-gaa-boss-harte-is-jailed-for-twoandahalf-years-29102469.html

Ffs you love posting this story. As a teacher I'm asked to provide references quite often. And on a number of occasions this has been for ex students who find themselves in court. Am I supposed to find out the details of the court case, decide whether the person is guilty or not and decide if I will write the reference? Or do I write the reference honestly based on my experiences of the person?
That was never a square ball!!

restorepride

Quote from: longballin on April 22, 2018, 04:08:03 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 22, 2018, 04:04:10 PM

The group said it "respects and cherishes women." There wasn't much respect for this woman.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/womans-fury-as-sex-attacker-given-reference-by-gaa-boss-harte-is-jailed-for-twoandahalf-years-29102469.html

Ffs you love posting this story. As a teacher I'm asked to provide references quite often. And on a number of occasions this has been for ex students who find themselves in court. Am I supposed to find out the details of the court case, decide whether the person is guilty or not and decide if I will write the reference? Or do I write the reference honestly based on my experiences of the person?
Yes of course - I think I'd have a good look at the details of the crime first. The victim of that horrific attack was very distraught about the reference. Unbelievable you would give a reference to someone convicted of a crime and not find out what the crime was.
You are 100% correct. Any teacher would be duty bound to check detail first and get advice.

Thebigdog

Quote from: restorepride on April 22, 2018, 06:01:13 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 22, 2018, 04:08:03 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 22, 2018, 04:04:10 PM

Yes of course - I think I'd have a good look at the details of the crime first. The victim of that horrific attack was very distraught about the reference. Unbelievable you would give a reference to someone convicted of a crime and not find out what the crime was.
You are 100% correct. Any teacher would be duty bound to check detail first and get advice.
Is that the reason you are a rimmer Benny? Maybe Mickey got you a teaching job in one of his Catholic schools.

southtyronegael

Harte dragging the good name of Tyrone through the dirt again. He has overstepped the mark this time. Time for mickey Kerr and co to take action.