Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merman

Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 30, 2019, 10:30:03 PM
I think it is different Merman, but I could be wrong. I'm of the opinion that the only way Tyrell could hurl with Camross & kick football with someone else would be if Camross dropped their football team.

Again, that's not my understanding of the rule but I don't really have anything to base that on.

On a separate note, I do find it peculiar this notion that Mountmellick could have 2 clubs, one football and one hurling. I have heard that suggested before but it's a strange anomaly if so; hard to understand what they gain from it and why a county board would allow it.
Will they have extra delegates at convention for example?

Keyser Söze

This is my understanding;

The reason for it was exactly what I said, to allow fellas like Ger Reddin & Matthew Whelan kick with them while still playing hurling with their home clubs. Hence the need to create Mountmellick Gaels a few years ago, once Castletown entered a football team.

Michael Bermingham got example can only hurl with a hurling only club if he wants to continue playing football for Kilcavan.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

merman

Fair enough.
I cant argue with that; all seems very plausible.

Ian Shanahan (Josephs) and Ciaran Burke (Crettyard) will be available as adult hurlers in 2020. Ballinakill would be the most-likely destinations assuming The Harps keep their football team.

Keyser Söze

There is the possibility that Laois GAA byelaws allow for a continuation of an arrangement from juvenile level.
Does anybody have a copy?

The official rule book states

6.8 Playing Restrictions (Club)
(B) A player may not play with two Clubs in the same code in a given year's Championship,
within a County, save as provided for in
Exceptions below
(C) A player may play Hurling with one Club and
Football with another Club, within a County, subject to any restrictions provided in County Bye-Laws.

I'm certain that there once was a restriction on this in order to stop the bigger clubs hoovering up good players. I don't know if it is still there. But it should be.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 01, 2019, 04:36:15 PM
There is the possibility that Laois GAA byelaws allow for a continuation of an arrangement from juvenile level.

(B) A player may not play with two Clubs in the same code in a given year's Championship,
Exceptions below
Football with another Club, within a County, subject to any restrictions provided in County Bye-Laws.

I'm certain that there once was a restriction on this in order to stop the bigger clubs hoovering up good players. I don't know if it is still there. But it should be.

Be interesting to see the final destination of those lads seeing as Burke's mother is from Drom/Inch and Shanahans father won a Tipp senior medal with Clonoulty.

town1980

John o Laughlin to roseanalis

merman

Quote from: clonadmad on December 01, 2019, 06:46:02 PM

Exceptions below

Be interesting to see the final destination of those lads seeing as Burke's mother is from Drom/Inch and Shanahans father won a Tipp senior medal with Clonoulty.

Park Ratheniska/Timahoe maybe.

clonadmad

Quote from: merman on December 01, 2019, 10:10:57 PM

Exceptions below

No offense to them but I think the 2 lads in question would aspire to playing senior hurling

Ballinakill desperately need reinforcements,but I wouldnt be surprised if Abbeyleix were favored first.

Spiritof1915

Quote from: clonadmad on December 01, 2019, 11:02:55 PM
Quote from: merman on December 01, 2019, 10:10:57 PM
Ian Shanahan will be hurling for ballinakill and Ciarán Burke for The Harps next year.

Exceptions below

No offense to them but I think the 2 lads in question would aspire to playing senior hurling

Ballinakill desperately need reinforcements,but I wouldnt be surprised if Abbeyleix were favored first.

Blow-in

Quote from: town1980 on December 01, 2019, 10:09:34 PM
John o Laughlin to roseanalis

He's not getting much love on the comments section on Laois Today Facebook page and to make it worse they are Rosenallis people

Downtheroad

First things first. He is from Rosenallis so he is only going back home. No question he will make a difference. However, his move is typical of the clan who move clubs when it suits them. He is not the first. When he started with  Rosenallis they had a poor team  and headed to Mountmellick  not long after they hammered Tinnahinch in an u12 game. He left Mountmellick the year after they barely survived relegation. No surprise  he is leaving St Brigids a few weeks after they flirted with relegation.

clonadmad

Its a feature of Laois that we have no shortage of lads willing to play club football in Dublin due to "distance" and yet there's lads from counties that dont have a motorway near them and they stay loyal to their home club,trekking back and forward from Dublin 2/3 times a week.

Maybe now that hes given his best years to Brigids,he expects a newly promoted Rosenallis to welcome him back with open arms

Neutralobserver

Quote from: clonadmad on December 03, 2019, 02:45:00 PM
Its a feature of Laois that we have no shortage of lads willing to play club football in Dublin due to "distance" and yet there's lads from counties that dont have a motorway near them and they stay loyal to their home club,trekking back and forward from Dublin 2/3 times a week.

Maybe now that hes given his best years to Brigids,he expects a newly promoted Rosenallis to welcome him back with open arms

this is a farce and just when i taught rosenallis were moving in the right direction they allow this to happen, its becoming a trend now for them as i commented on the Mark Dunne Episode that also appeared on laois today last week. im not sure where mark is originally from but as laois today states o loughlin is from rosenallis and left when the club really needed him so why should they take him back when they got to where they did without him, journey man springs to mind and if i was from rosenallis i would not want him back either. hillard chap also springs to mind with emo, mountmellick and someother club in dublin. typical gaa

Blow-in

Mark Dunne from Rosenallis originally. Moved to The Rock and then to Rhode and then back to Rosenallis

Neutralobserver

Quote from: Batman!!! on December 03, 2019, 03:09:34 PM
Mark Dunne from Rosenallis originally. Moved to The Rock and then to Rhode and then back to Rosenallis

Thanks for the clarification. So rosenallis has a habit of this. Letting their young players leave and bringing them back after their best years are over. No sense in that at all or very short memory out there.