NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2024, 06:37:32 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 31, 2024, 06:36:55 PMJarlath's 4th speech of the weekend, he's some fire in his belly.

Has a Derry tie on also

Great speaker, how refreshing.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 31, 2024, 05:19:04 PM
Quote from: Truthsayer on March 31, 2024, 05:14:55 PMCan we assume Dublin defence be much tighter in the championship? Derry could/should have 5 goals..

Can imagine so as they won't be retaining the All Ireland be defending in the manner they have done today. 

Unless there are retirements, the defensive line has McCaffrey, McCarthy, Gannon, Fitzsimons and Cluxton all to return. 

imtommygunn

Mccaffrey off the bench is a weapon and kills teams. Big win for Derry confidence but a bit left in the dubs yet too.

joemamas

Congrats to Derry,
Well done to Dublin, incredibly conditioned and they play football like I like to watch it.
Felt bad for Fenton, seems like decent sort.
As for that tr**p Small ......

tonto1888

Quote from: joemamas on March 31, 2024, 06:42:57 PMCongrats to Derry,
Well done to Dublin, incredibly conditioned and they play football like I like to watch it.
Felt bad for Fenton, seems like decent sort.
As for that tr**p Small ......

Why did small do for his red?

imtommygunn

Yeah felt bad for Fenton. He has lost it twice that I have ever seen - twice against Derry this year too.

yellowcard

The biggest sea change in Derry is in their mentality. It was important that they came home with the trophy today and that will only help by beating the Dubs in their own patch in a national final. It was bigger than either of their 2 Ulster wins in proving that they have the mettle to challenge for an All Ireland.

seafoid

Quote from: Eire90 on March 31, 2024, 06:33:37 PMhopefully that shuts up the scrap the league finals brigade for a while.
There were some very good matches

yellowcard

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2024, 06:48:35 PMYeah felt bad for Fenton. He has lost it twice that I have ever seen - twice against Derry this year too.

Don't think it was a red card and I know it's a cliche but he isn't that type of player.

Champion The Wonder Horse

That game has ended Jarlath's "Save Gaelic Football" committee before it has even met.

Fair play to all involved.

Except Conor Lane. He was shocking.

gallsman

Off the ball and raised forearm. Clear red.

Very, very unlike him but there's no getting away from it, regardless of whether he was provoked or the Derry man made a meal of it.

As for Small, I have absolutely no idea what he did, but he definitely deserved to see red. Family tradition. Johnny Cooper should have walked as well.

Derryman forever

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on March 31, 2024, 06:52:32 PMThat game has ended Jarlath's "Save Gaelic Football" committee before it has even met.

Fair play to all involved.

Except Conor Lane. He was shocking.

What more do the critics want.
That game had everything.

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2024, 06:19:03 PMNot sure how Derry lost that.

Dublin have a keeper who's done well for shot stopping so far in this game.

They didn't.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Quote from: Derryman forever on March 31, 2024, 06:54:19 PMWhat more do the critics want.
That game had everything.

Seems a load of Tyrone people want frees not to be awarded against teams playing Derry because at some point, possibly not even in the same game, a Derry man might have got away with a foul.

imtommygunn

Quote from: yellowcard on March 31, 2024, 06:49:55 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2024, 06:48:35 PMYeah felt bad for Fenton. He has lost it twice that I have ever seen - twice against Derry this year too.

Don't think it was a red card and I know it's a cliche but he isn't that type of player.

Raised hands though.

It's not about the handful of the best teams playing good games though. It's the rest.