Heath Ledger found dead

Started by The Claw, January 22, 2008, 09:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Was it an overdose? If so im not sure if you can describe it as "tragic", a waste perhaps. Was the "masseuse appointment" an analogy for a hooker?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Zapatista

Give the story a chance Minder.

Minder

Quote from: Zapatista on January 23, 2008, 08:19:24 AM
Give the story a chance Minder.

I am just asking, i listened to it last night on Sky News and i was waiting for the old "terrorism is not suspected"......

Zapatista

You mean "has been ruled out". Did they bring on their expert on Hollywood Deaths and author of the book "FAME SEX DRUGS and DEATH in HOLLYWOOD"?

Minder

Quote from: Zapatista on January 23, 2008, 08:29:30 AM
You mean "has been ruled out". Did they bring on their expert on Hollywood Deaths and author of the book "FAME SEX DRUGS and DEATH in HOLLYWOOD"?

They were just ripping the arse out of it as usual, they gave us what they knew, he was found face down with prescription pills scattered near him & they came to the conclusion - "foul play is not suspected" !

stephenite

Quote from: Minder on January 23, 2008, 08:17:03 AM
Was it an overdose? If so im not sure if you can describe it as "tragic", a waste perhaps. Was the "masseuse appointment" an analogy for a hooker?

You don't happen to work for the Sun by any chance?

As always with these things - an autopsy report will arrive in due course and explain if it was an overdose and whether or not it was an accidental overdose (he was ill with pneumonia apparently) or suicide.

Minder

Quote from: stephenite on January 23, 2008, 08:48:27 AM
Quote from: Minder on January 23, 2008, 08:17:03 AM

You don't happen to work for the Sun by any chance?

As always with these things - an autopsy report will arrive in due course and explain if it was an overdose and whether or not it was an accidental overdose (he was ill with pneumonia apparently) or suicide.

No i dont but i will not be mourning him as some sort of second coming of Marlon Brando/Gandhi,as seems to be the norm when someone in the entertaiinment industry dies. My overiding emotion is pity for his two year old daughter.

stephenite

I think everyone would agree with your sentiment regarding the daughter. I'm sure no one cares about what you're opinion is regarding his actual death

Minder

Quote from: stephenite on January 23, 2008, 09:00:34 AM
I think everyone would agree with your sentiment regarding the daughter. I'm sure no one cares about what you're opinion is regarding his actual death

I am not seeking approval.

stephenite

Clearly - just wondered you felt compelled to comment about the death of a young man in such a negative way without having any access to facts.

clarshack

cant believe it - always liked him. RIP. unfortunately the hollywood studio releasing the new batman film probably cant believe their luck as they'll make a fortune in the summer now. those people just care about money but i suppose that is the world we live in.

A Quinn Martin Production

While this is indeed sad news esp for his family, I think some media outlets are going a bit over the top e.g. the hideous Victoria Derbyshire on 5Live, asking people to call in with "what Brokeback Mountain meant to you"!!  24 hour news eh??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

nrico2006

It would have been a hit without this happening, but it will be even bigger due to his death.  I have seen the trailer for the movie, and by early accounts his performance is meant to be amazing.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

I thought his performance in Brokeback Mountain was one of the most memorable I've watched. Brilliantly conveyed the sense of guilty emotion.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Sorry to hear about the death of Heath Ledger. A very promising actor, who's life was ended too soon. RIP.
Testing Accessibility