Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Absolutely disgraceful to put sponsorship on the poster. Disgusting but typical Glazers.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Minder

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 21, 2008, 07:32:54 PM
What was the deal with your lot playing in Saudi Arabia today?
The deal was $ $ $ $ $ $.........And we will hear Fergie bleating about fixture congestion in a few weeks.....
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Fergie also likes to get a winter sun break for the players ever since the Brazil trip in 2000.

Uladh

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 22, 2008, 01:44:18 PM
Fergie also likes to get a winter sun break for the players ever since the Brazil trip in 2000.

I would say the 1 million they were receiving for it was a greater motivation than a bit of warm weather training......

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Uladh on January 22, 2008, 01:52:49 PM

what as the line up in saudi?

Ronaldo got both goals & Tevez played.

Wellbeck missed a peno I'm told.

Tom Heaton got a run out too.

The Saudi's got 2 peno's.

Minder

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 22, 2008, 01:56:26 PM
Quote from: Uladh on January 22, 2008, 01:52:49 PM

what as the line up in saudi?

Ronaldo got both goals & Tevez played.

Wellbeck missed a peno I'm told.

Tom Heaton got a run out too.

The Saudi's got 2 peno's.

Wrong, Tevez got a goal. Rio gave away a penalty for one of the goals.

magpie seanie

One of the youth team guys (I must admit I'd never seen him before) missed a peno to tie it up on the stroke of full time. Seemed to me from the limited coverage that United probably started with a strong team and then took everyone off. The bench at the end looked really good!

QuoteI would say the 1 million they were receiving for it was a greater motivation than a bit of warm weather training......

I never said it wasn't a motivation. However, this is a usual thing for United to do in recent times and if some Arabs want to give them money for a friendly then where's the problem?

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 22, 2008, 02:05:45 PM
One of the youth team guys (I must admit I'd never seen him before) missed a peno to tie it up on the stroke of full time. Seemed to me from the limited coverage that United probably started with a strong team and then took everyone off. The bench at the end looked really good!

QuoteI would say the 1 million they were receiving for it was a greater motivation than a bit of warm weather training......

I never said it wasn't a motivation. However, this is a usual thing for United to do in recent times and if some Arabs want to give them money for a friendly then where's the problem?

I am not saying its a problem, what i am saying is the amount of games United will play from now until May do they really need another one, plus the travelling involved. Fergie half admitted it may not have been a great idea.

An Fear Rua

Utds new striker has just score a top notch header for Angola at the African Nations.
Its Grim up North

Minder

Quote from: An Fear Rua on January 23, 2008, 08:21:27 PM
Utds new striker has just score a top notch header for Angola at the African Nations.

That will keep us warm tonight......

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Minder on January 23, 2008, 08:50:30 PM

Thats good to know, as you are quite obviously lonely.
Its Grim up North

Minder

Quote from: An Fear Rua on January 23, 2008, 09:05:17 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 23, 2008, 08:50:30 PM

Thats good to know, as you are quite obviously lonely.

f**k, i didnt mean to make it so obvious.

Square Ball

TEAM NEWS
Man Utd make two changes with Ryan Giggs returning at the expense of Ji-Sung Park, while John O'Shea replaces Nemanja Vidic :o - who has been hit by a virus. Boss Sir Alex Ferguson names Paul Scholes on the bench, Scholes having not featured for three months following a knee operation.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Farrandeelin

Bloody hell, until Ronaldo scored the penalty I was beginning to doubt we'd ever break Spurs down. Relieved to have won that game because Spurs would have been sky-high in confidence going into it. I thought it was funny when the Utd fans started singing 'Are you Arsenal in disguise?' at the Spurs fans when the Spurs fans themselves were half-taunting the Utd team/fans etc with it after Robbie Keane scored his goal.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.