Bob Geldof

Started by Eamonnca1, November 14, 2017, 12:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on November 14, 2017, 08:39:36 PM
No matter what you think of Geldof his actions and subsequent publicity have brought the issue of ethnic cleansing in Myanmar to the Board.  Just imagine we might even get around the considering the plight of the people in Yemen

No they haven't. Bob has brought Bob to the fore. No one of note will consider the plight of anyone in these counties sadly.

T Fearon

Myanmar? Is that that Wee girl,you know her,Myanmar from the fourth form?

omaghjoe

magpie seanie

Fair play to the Dublin City Council. Geldof's grandstanding had to have consequences. It was needless embarrassment for the City Council. He could have acted like a normal adult and did what U2 did - wrote to the council asking for Suu Kyi's award to be removed and explaining why.

seafoid

Geldof became his father, the orsehole he couldn't tolerate as a teenager.  Jaysus.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

How dare D.C
C. treat a knight of the realm like that?
Of course the Shinner seems to like the old ceremonial shite of having the British title of Ltd Mayor.
Taking the lead from Baron Adams
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

MoChara

Quote from: Avondhu star on December 15, 2017, 09:52:41 AM
How dare D.C
C. treat a knight of the realm like that?
Of course the Shinner seems to like the old ceremonial shite of having the British title of Ltd Mayor.
Taking the lead from Baron Adams

Theres an easy joke in there for someone about the summer of 69  ;D

ashman

Geldof is an insufferable pompous dose but I am sure DCC have other more pressing issues that require their attention .

rosnarun

if Geldof wanted to hand back his award he should have done so in the Shame  in that the woman he now call a murder had Geldolf as her champion.
this all smell very much like a smokescreen (if a smokescreen smells) to cover up his own poor judgement and the misery and deaths he has indirectly caused
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

longballin

Quote from: rosnarun on December 15, 2017, 10:32:47 AM
if Geldof wanted to hand back his award he should have done so in the Shame  in that the woman he now call a murder had Geldolf as her champion.
this all smell very much like a smokescreen (if a smokescreen smells) to cover up his own poor judgement and the misery and deaths he has indirectly caused

You've lost me on the 'misery and deaths he has indirectly caused'.   I'm not a fan of Geldof by any stretch but not sure what you mean.

rosnarun

Quote from: longballin on December 15, 2017, 10:38:13 AM

You've lost me on the 'misery and deaths he has indirectly caused'.   I'm not a fan of Geldof by any stretch but not sure what you mean.
quiet simple he was promoting Suu Kyi around the world ytelling every one what a wonderful woman and humanitarian she was .
now he has changed his mind  but has  to accept some of the back wash of her actions
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

longballin

Quote from: rosnarun on December 15, 2017, 10:50:53 AM
Quote from: longballin on December 15, 2017, 10:38:13 AM

quiet simple he was promoting Suu Kyi around the world ytelling every one what a wonderful woman and humanitarian she was .
now he has changed his mind  but has  to accept some of the back wash of her actions

I think everyone thought she was until it turned out differently

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ashman on December 15, 2017, 10:12:22 AM
Geldof is an insufferable pompous dose but I am sure DCC have other more pressing issues that require their attention .
Ya know that's it in a nutshell. Short and sweet like a jackasses's gallop. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

T Fearon

Does Belgium not have a bigger claim on /responsibility for Geldoff than Ireland?

He did at least do a decent job at the Self Aid Concert in 1986 deputising for the then recently deceased Phil Lynott,as lead singer of Thin Lizzy during their set.