Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

The first gospel was written how long after Jesus died?

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 27, 2017, 08:53:02 AM
There are biographies still being written about Elvis Presley.The gospels are eye witness accounts of the life of Jesus

No they are not, the authors never met or knew Jesus, also how much was lost in translation and how much did the vatican take out and change?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 08:57:11 PM
Sadly not,unless,as Ive said on numerous occasions,he believes in Jesus as his saviour and repents
What would the Dalai Lama  have to repent for?
What of all the millions down through the years who never heard of Christianity?
What about all those who lived before Jesus came to Earth?
Was Jesus not speaking only to the Jews trying to get them away from the old ways and to follow Him?

T Fearon

I am speaking from the personal perspective of belief in scripture and what is required for salvation.I don't know who has ans hasnt heard of Jesus.I'd be surprised if there are many who haven't in the modern age.Plus lets not forget the long and outstading work of Irish missionaries

LCohen

Quote from: The Iceman on September 26, 2017, 01:08:50 PM
This thread is the death of the gaaboard.

Heganboy you started this - maybe in jest but look at what it has turned in to.

Tony you're a miserable example of a Christian - do us all a favor and shut up man will you and find something else to do than this nasty dance you're engaging in.

Everyone else baiting him you're miserable examples of people.

So much flipping hatred and nastiness. It's an ugly thread and the downfall of the board that it has been left to continue.

Tony might be a bit more representative of a strain of Christianity than you want to accept.

Also flags up issues and then runs away from answering the related questions. There is nothing to stop other spiritualists from answering them. Something they are conspicuously shy to do

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 01:46:26 PM
We'll see who was right and who was wrong.

It would be helpful if someone credible could report back

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 06:16:29 PM
I,like millions of others believe Jesus died and rose and was ascended into heaven,not reincarnated.

Evidence? Relying on the bible?

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 08:57:11 PM
Sadly not,unless,as Ive said on numerous occasions,he believes in Jesus as his saviour and repents

So if there is a god but its not the one you believe in your bucked.

By your earlier hedge betting you should be tarting yourself around all gods

LCohen

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 26, 2017, 09:23:32 PM
Quote from: LCohen on September 26, 2017, 08:23:16 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2017, 09:04:34 PM
Non believers will not be admitted.That is those who have reached the age of reason,heard the gospel and sadly rejected it.There also is no transfer market in or out of heaven.Scripture is clear about this.

As I get older I see more and more sense in the Calvinist doctrine of presdestination,i.e. Your eternal destination is mapped out by God before you are born.

As you say there is no transfer market. What if you have believed in the wong god. On another thread OmaghJoe danced away from this issue. You just ignored it. It seems to be a difficulty for you
:D :D
Sure That wasnt even your statement that spawned our exchange but Im not really surprised you come out with that as you continue with one logical fallacy after another and deny them even after you've been explicitly called out on it. Logic is logic Leonard what...  can I say
You framed the subject in black and white when it is infinitely more complicated than that.
Your statement was akin to "If you believe Einstein was right then you believe Newton and Euclid were wrong"
Which is, as was your statement, a complete over simplification of a complicated subject

Your entitled to believe what you want to believe Leonard even if your wrong...admitting that you might be tho is probably going to be more difficult.

Still dancing then.

One of the following 2 statements is true.

You do believe in Thor

Or

You don't believe in Thor.

There is no shade of grey and its not more complicated

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 27, 2017, 07:43:14 AM
The gospels are an accurate record of the life and death and resurrection of Jesus

So the bit in the Bible that says Jesus was born in Bethlehem is true and the bit that says he wasn't are both true? How so?

T Fearon

You are far too obsessed with minor details,like the birthplace of Jesus etc.The core issues are as follows:

Belief in and acceptance of Christ as your saviour

Repent sin

Do your utmost to live a good life free from serious sin.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 27, 2017, 02:46:07 PM
You are far too obsessed with minor details,like the birthplace of Jesus etc.The core issues are as follows:

Repent sin

Why does anyone need to be saved ?

T Fearon

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on September 27, 2017, 03:05:38 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 27, 2017, 02:46:07 PM

Repent sin

Why does anyone need to be saved ?
You can't be saved if you're from Galway.
Or from Ballagh if you support the Rhubarbs