Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2017, 09:04:34 PM
Non believers will not be admitted.That is those who have reached the age of reason,heard the gospel and sadly rejected it.There also is no transfer market in or out of heaven.Scripture is clear about this.

As I get older I see more and more sense in the Calvinist doctrine of presdestination,i.e. Your eternal destination is mapped out by God before you are born.

So why are we born, what point does it serve?

seafoid

Quote from: punt kick on September 26, 2017, 10:03:17 AM

Quote from: T Fearon on September 21, 2017, 09:04:34 PM
Non believers will not be admitted.That is those who have reached the age of reason,heard the gospel and sadly rejected it.There also is no transfer market in or out of heaven.Scripture is clear about this.

As I get older I see more and more sense in the Calvinist doctrine of presdestination,i.e. Your eternal destination is mapped out by God before you are born.

So why are we born, what point does it serve?
[/quoteThis is related to the question of Judas. Someone had to betray Jesus. To fulfil scripture. It was Judas. It was not his fault. FFS. He was part of a system he knew nothing about.

seafoid

The Calvinist belief in predestination was responsible for apartheid, rednecks running slavery and Portydown.  It is a crock of shite .

T Fearon

Well I suppose it is not too much of a stretch to believe that God does know in advance who will take up his offer of salvation and who will reject it,is it really?

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 12:35:03 PM
Well I suppose it is not too much of a stretch to believe that God does know in advance who will take up his offer of salvation and who will reject it,is it really?

What about the poor unborn, aborted, miscarriages, or those born with no quality of life due to aids, severe disabilities, especially those born to non-believers are they mapped out for eternal salvation or are they doomed?  Also why is God allowing such births, what has these children done to deserve it, so they get no chance of life on earth and burning in hell for ever, through no fault of their own.

The Iceman

This thread is the death of the gaaboard.

Heganboy you started this - maybe in jest but look at what it has turned in to.

Tony you're a miserable example of a Christian - do us all a favor and shut up man will you and find something else to do than this nasty dance you're engaging in.

Everyone else baiting him you're miserable examples of people.

So much flipping hatred and nastiness. It's an ugly thread and the downfall of the board that it has been left to continue.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

T Fearon

Punt,God works in mysterious ways.Maybe you should be thankful to him you're not afflicted.

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 01:16:15 PM
Punt,God works in mysterious ways.Maybe you should be thankful to him you're not afflicted.

The most expected answer possible and the biggest load of horseshite in human history. Only the gullible and brain washed believe this crap. 

T Fearon

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 01:46:26 PM
We'll see who was right and who was wrong.

Part of wants to believe there is something because the likes of you would burn in hell, by the way you are beginning to sound like a schoolboy, least you aren't one who was raped by the clergy.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 01:46:26 PM
We'll see who was right and who was wrong.
What if you are reincarnated as a Dalit female, Tony? The chances of that are very high if it is reincarnation. 

T Fearon

I don't believe in reincarnation.One Life,One Judgement,one or other Eternity.

By the way I do not understand the motivation to turn away from the Church or God due to the tiny minority of paedophiles masquerading as priests.I do not revere clergy (I do respect them and have been thankful for their support,for instance,when my father died earlier this year),but it is Church teachings I adhere to not so much the institution,which like all institutions,will experience good and bad times,make mistakes etc

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 04:07:13 PM
I don't believe in reincarnation.One Life,One Judgement,one or other Eternity.

By the way I do not understand the motivation to turn away from the Church or God due to the tiny minority of paedophiles masquerading as priests.I do not revere clergy (I do respect them and have been thankful for their support,for instance,when my father died earlier this year),but it is Church teachings I adhere to not so much the institution,which like all institutions,will experience good and bad times,make mistakes etc
But there may only be one system. And it won't matter if you believe or not. It would be like owning AIB shares in 2008. You would be expected to suck it.

T Fearon

There is nothing in the Bible to suggest reincarnation,neither was it mentioned by Jesus.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 05:13:39 PM
There is nothing in the Bible to suggest reincarnation,neither was it mentioned by Jesus.
Maybe the Bible has the same status in the big scheme of things as the Gnostic gospel. How would you know? It would be a mystery