Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2017, 03:57:50 PM
My opposition to certain things are based on a morality code informed by my beliefs.If a majority of people in a jurisdiction share these,that's called democracy.Are people who vote Conservative,due to believing they will be better off (inevitably at the expense of others),to be condemned and ranted against?

Tony you are all over the show here. You continue to avoid replying when you can see the game is up. Then you introduce this democracy thing. When democracy produces results I don't like I used reasoned arguments backed by evidence to influence the future. I don't always succeed. That is manifestly not what you do.

When eventually there is a referendum on marriage equality in NI you will lose and then you will continue to advocate democracy?

Add rant to the list of words you don't understand

LCohen

Quote from: seafoid on September 24, 2017, 04:17:50 PM
Tony Fearon is an ideologue. You cannot argue logic with an ideologue.
You would have more success training a calf to do the Leaving Cert.

All true. But then again I'm not trying to convince Tony if anything. Even if could see he was wrong he would never admit to it

T Fearon

I have an unshakeable faith,and the illogical rantings of someone will certainly not dilute it in any way.Christians have had to accept a lot of social change and are fighting to have all the remaining vestiges of christianity in public life preserved.

There is no group more disadvantaged or discriminated against in the modern era than Christians.Are you going to defend them and lobby for their rights?

T Fearon

playwiththewind1st

Stop playing the victim  -  you do such a classy job & present such a well argued viewpoint as the self appointed "spokesman" for Christianity, in general (or the rome paedo brigade, in particular, when it suits) that it doesn't require anyone else to step in. Nobody else possesses your level of intellect & sheer gravitas.

While you're at it, you can look up "sarcasm".

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2017, 08:34:42 PM
Why am I not surprised.🙄

Cos god sent you a text earlier on the hotline that you 2 have set up & already told you what I was going to say?

imtommygunn

In what world are christians the most disadvantaged and discriminated against? Ludicrous statement.

That is not from an anti christian by the way. It is just a propesterous statement - as usual .

T Fearon

We are ridiculed for our beliefs everywhere,innocent things like crosses on churches are removed by LIDL,school assemblies are frowned upon,you cannot even refer to God in Christmas greetings.Physical attacks on people for simply being Christian are the logical outcome of this trend.

playwiththewind1st

If you were a member of the Coptic Church in Egypt, one might have had some sympathy.
But you're just an idiot.
Happy holidays, in advance.

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2017, 09:36:38 PM
We are ridiculed for our beliefs everywhere,innocent things like crosses on churches are removed by LIDL,school assemblies are frowned upon,you cannot even refer to God in Christmas greetings.Physical attacks on people for simply being Christian are the logical outcome of this trend.

The logical outcome... Do you understand what logic is?

On the global scale of discriminations i would say those things rank pretty far down the list compared to say things like murders but maybe my barometer is different to yours.

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2017, 06:38:47 PM
I have an unshakeable faith,and the illogical rantings of someone will certainly not dilute it in any way.Christians have had to accept a lot of social change and are fighting to have all the remaining vestiges of christianity in public life preserved.

There is no group more disadvantaged or discriminated against in the modern era than Christians.Are you going to defend them and lobby for their rights?

You describe your faith as unshakable in one breath and as hedge betting in another. It's all over the place.

You do not know what logical means. Ergo you don't know what illogical means.

You don't know what ranting means.

What are the vestiges of Christianity in public life that you want to preserve?

I on the other hand do recognise an illogical ranting when I see one. To describe Christians as the most discrimated against group in the modern era is not merely laughable it's contemptible.

Add discrimination to the list of words you don't understand.

I do defend Christians. I defend their rights that they share with everyone else. I will go further than that. Any right that they have that elevates them above everyone else I would seek to remove and any sense that they are entitled to any special rights I would seek to disabuse them of

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2017, 09:36:38 PM

Some of your beliefs are ridiculous. Expect them to be ridiculed. This is not discrimination. Other ridiculous views are to be ridiculed.

Frowning upon the ridiculous is not discrimination.

When were you prevented from referring to God in a Christmas greeting?

Your link to physical threats is an invention of yours. But then you describe it as logical and you don't understand what that word means

T Fearon

You are anti catholic,irrational.Defending religious beliefs and the right to hold them? Don't make me laugh.Why do you care,I ask once again,about the holding of "ridiculous" beliefs and get so exercised? It's not as if Christians exercise any real political power nowadays

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2017, 10:55:11 PM
You are anti catholic,irrational.Defending religious beliefs and the right to hold them? Don't make me laugh.Why do you care,I ask once again,about the holding of "ridiculous" beliefs and get so exercised? It's not as if Christians exercise any real political power nowadays

I don't believe in god. If that allows you to label me anti catholic then I will have to live with that. By the same measure you are anti Muslim, anti Semitic, anti Hindu, anti Sikh, anti agnostic, anti atheist etc etc

I don't defend religious beliefs but I do defend the right to hold them. I defend the right of others to be wrong. I don't argue that they are correct to be wrong. Just that they have the right to be wrong. It's not complex

I answered already why I care and what specifically I do care about and what I don't care about.