Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

No it hasn't & I do not give a crap....my funeral instructions say "no priests no bishops, rabbis, mullahs". I am going to hell & I simply do not give a toss.

playwiththewind1st

And while you're on about it, if the Catholic Church is all "sorted", why was George Pell somewhat reluctant to go back to Australia?

T Fearon

Look,no one,believer or atheist,in their right mind, has anything but contempt for paedophiles who masqueraded as priests.My faith as I said before is in the Church's beliefs ,derived from the Apostles,and the vast majority of priests who are decent and Christian to the core.

Like every other human organisation The Church has shysters who don't play by the rules.This handful should not be a barometer of the Church,or any other organisation.Is the entire Garda Siochanna corrupt,because some members colluded with the IRA,or the PSNI/RUC for widespread collusion in the murders of innocent people?

Judging by the plethora of clerics,catholic and otherwise,currently in jail all over the world for abuse crimes,there is no hiding place or cover ups nowadays,as there never should have been.

playwiththewind1st

The catholic church itself provided the hiding place,  by moving paedos from parish to parish & organised the cover up. This usually involved those at a higher level... bishops/ cardinals. It goes all the way, from bottom to top.

Now we have the scandals of the mass unmarked graveyards in Galway, Lanarkshire, bottom of Milltown. The Christian love & support of the Catholic church truly knows no bounds.

A completely corrupt institution, for centuries, that used its unchecked power to cover up & deceive.

T Fearon

There is an acute difference between sheltering paedophiles and trying to protect the Church's reputation.The Church was wrong as it admits itself.But I'll ask again is an entire Police Force worthy of denigration because of the actions of one small part in colluding with murderers?

playwiththewind1st

T Fearon

Were those who died in the famine not buried in mass graves? That was sadly the process at the time.

playwiththewind1st

The object of the game is for panellists to talk for sixty seconds on a given subject, "without hesitation, repetition or deviation".

That applies to a radio programme called "Just A Minute" but it would be great if it could be brought in on this forum as well. Oh & hypocrisy could very well make an appearance.

MoChara

Quote from: T Fearon on September 18, 2017, 01:33:31 PM
Were those who died in the famine not buried in mass graves? That was sadly the process at the time.

There's quite a time difference between An Gorta Mór and the 1950's

T Fearon

Things like this wouldn't happen in Ireland today.But I got plenty of corporal punishment at Primary School, no doubt this would be classified as child abuse today

imtommygunn

And sure look how you turned out  ;D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 18, 2017, 04:47:17 PM
Things like this wouldn't happen in Ireland today.But I got plenty of corporal punishment at Primary School, no doubt this would be classified as child abuse today

Must be a portydown thing Fr McQuillan loved the abuse too.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: T Fearon on September 18, 2017, 04:47:17 PM

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2017, 05:56:48 PM
Read an article today by Belfast Telegraph's Religious correspondent,Alf Mc Creary,on the courage of atheists,on their death bed,rejecting God,and potentially risking a very very bad eternity.As he said a believer once said to an atheist, "If you're right neither of us will have an after life,but if I'm right you'll know very quickly of God's existence!"

Tell me this Tony (and i don't normally get involved in these debates), i was reared a Catholic. Went to Catholic schools and went to my mass every week (was made to go), now as i have got older i go to mass for weddings and funerals and TBH i have no interest in religion and when i think of some of the things that was written and preach for me it's kinda funny. But my point is if i'm not a practising Catholic but lead a decent life (being a decent Christian) and when i die and i face my maker (see above) and it turns out that there is a God and everything Catholics preach and pray for is true then surely GOD will then forgive me for not believing in him (I'm sure that's not the worst sin in the world ;)) and let me in to dine at the top table with your fine self Tony...You know what i'm saying? After all it's all about forgiving those who have sinned and he who has not sinned cast the first stone etc etc
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch