Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on September 16, 2017, 01:11:58 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 16, 2017, 12:51:17 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2017, 12:41:26 AM
Marriage was invented by God and derives from a faith base.Gay supremacists having got civil partnerships now just want to rub the noses of people of faith by polluting what is a Holy Sacrament. Why? What is the difference for them between Civil Partmership and Marriage?
Was gay sex invented by God?

No obviously but if ever a human being could be made by two dudes putting from the rough Sidley, my money would be on you being the progeny!

I have never encountered a more liberal human being in my life, well played sir, well played!
Then again, you don't get out very much.

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on September 16, 2017, 10:54:28 AM
Quote from: stew on September 16, 2017, 01:11:58 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 16, 2017, 12:51:17 AM
Marriage was invented by God and derives from a faith base.Gay supremacists having got civil partnerships now just want to rub the noses of people of faith by polluting what is a Holy Sacrament. Why? What is the difference for them between Civil Partmership and Marriage?
Was gay sex invented by God?

No obviously but if ever a human being could be made by two dudes putting from the rough Sidley, my money would be on you being the progeny!

I have never encountered a more liberal human being in my life, well played sir, well played!
Then again, you don't get out very much.

I know! Right?

::) ::) ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

punt kick

Quote from: sid waddell on September 15, 2017, 11:15:33 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 15, 2017, 09:29:32 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 15, 2017, 08:12:51 PM
Gays can get married in the UK or the South.Why do they want a marriage,a church based sacrament,when they are in conflict with the Church's teaching?

Gay marriage is mostly about undermining traditional marriage, not about any relationship between the people concerned.
Anybody who feels that "gay marriage" undermines their own "straight marriage" is already living in a marriage that has been undermined by one or both of the participants themselves.

Poor poor Sid. No chance of you getting married to either sex I'd say.

sid waddell

Quote from: punt kick on September 16, 2017, 11:17:21 AM
Gays can get married in the UK or the South.Why do they want a marriage,a church based sacrament,when they are in conflict with the Church's teaching?

Gay marriage is mostly about undermining traditional marriage, not about any relationship between the people concerned.
Anybody who feels that "gay marriage" undermines their own "straight marriage" is already living in a marriage that has been undermined by one or both of the participants themselves.

It's always great to debate with intelligent people.

punt kick

Quote from: sid waddell on September 16, 2017, 11:35:05 AM

Except you can't debate, just through unfounded accusations around with no evidence to back them up.  Poor poor Sid with his mate from a traveller background.  The chic liberalism of it all.  ;D ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: punt kick on September 16, 2017, 11:49:21 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 16, 2017, 11:35:05 AM

Except you can't debate, just through unfounded accusations around with no evidence to back them up.  Poor poor Sid with his mate from a traveller background.  The chic liberalism of it all.  ;D ;D
You prove my point with every post you make.

J70

Quote from: stew on September 16, 2017, 01:14:39 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 15, 2017, 11:23:55 PM

Marriage is a civic institution with an optional religious component for those who want it.

Since when?

Since governments and the legal system got involved?

Unlike, say, communion or confirmation or confession.

heganboy

Marriage was invented by God?

Whichever God, should have patented it
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

T Fearon

Read an article today by Belfast Telegraph's Religious correspondent,Alf Mc Creary,on the courage of atheists,on their death bed,rejecting God,and potentially risking a very very bad eternity.As he said a believer once said to an atheist, "If you're right neither of us will have an after life,but if I'm right you'll know very quickly of God's existence!"

imtommygunn

Your faith seems to be little more than you hedging your bets.

T Fearon

It is vibrant,but I would not deny that the prospect an afterlife/eternity,and to spend it in a good place is a key motivator.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2017, 05:56:48 PM
Read an article today by Belfast Telegraph's Religious correspondent,Alf Mc Creary,on the courage of atheists,on their death bed,rejecting God,and potentially risking a very very bad eternity.As he said a believer once said to an atheist, "If you're right neither of us will have an after life,but if I'm right you'll know very quickly of God's existence!"

I always found that to be a cowardly stance to be honest Tony, and I am no lover of atheism.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Atheism is cowardly? Risking a lost eternity through non belief? I would never be brave enough to take that risk.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2017, 09:33:03 PM
Atheism is cowardly? Risking a lost eternity through non belief? I would never be brave enough to take that risk.
The Christian God is an invention. Nature has always called the shots.  Our lifespan is a thing that nature decided. God has nothing to do with it. Christianity puts humans at the centre. This is nonsense.

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2017, 06:48:58 PM
It is vibrant,but I would not deny that the prospect an afterlife/eternity,and to spend it in a good place is a key motivator.
What do you think an afterlife / (positive) eternity will be like?  Would you still be aware of Celtic getting pumped in future Champions League campaigns, such as the trouncing the other night by PSG?