European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Best game I've ever seen.

gawa316

Captain Obvious

Some game that was. Tottenham through thanks to the VAR at both ends and both decisions probably correct. It all means its Liverpool's Champions league title to lose now.

Main Street

A good game with a better ending  ;D

Ajax v Spurs should be an excellent semi final tie.

GJL

What a game. Fair play to spuds.

laoislad

Barcelona overwhelming favourites now to win it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Liverpool 2/1 Barca 6/4, that's an overwhelming difference tbf
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

michaelg

Reckon the Spurs goal should have stood?  As Rio said, it definitely hit his arm first.  Lineker needs his eyes tested.

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2019, 10:19:09 PM
I wouldn't take that 2/1 against Liverpool,  I'm sure better odds can be obtained.

imtommygunn

I think so.it did slightly touch arm but no intent and didn't alter flight of ball or anything.

Having a debate on WhatsApp about it. Really could have went either way.

Cunny Funt

Just got home looks like i missed a classic in the Etihad. Well done to Spurs. City for all their quality on and off the field they continue to flatter to deceive in Europe.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2019, 10:27:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2019, 10:19:09 PM
I wouldn't take that 2/1 against Liverpool,  I'm sure better odds can be obtained.

Best price was 5/2 in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

That var review at the end was the party pooper of the century.
I loved the sadistic factor.

David McKeown

Quote from: michaelg on April 17, 2019, 10:23:20 PM
Reckon the Spurs goal should have stood?  As Rio said, it definitely hit his arm first.  Lineker needs his eyes tested.

I thought it was handball but I think the bigger issue is the problem the goal highlights with VAR. The VAR ref has watched that and must have thought it was handball and a clear and obvious error otherwise he simply tells the on pitch ref to get on with the game. The on field ref on the other hand clearly thought it wasn't handball.  So had the two refs been swapped the goal wouldn't even have been referred down. So in no way is the consistency of decision making improved by the use of VAR.

Relatedly I would also have a problem with the VAR on the City goal if they were using the images BT Sport provided.  The camera angle wasn't in line and no account seemed to be taken of that when drawing the line across the pitch.  Spurs v Chelsea in the League Cup this year highlighted this perfectly. SKY cameras had been calibrated to take account of the fact they weren't in line and were able to adjust lines accordingly. From those lines it was clear to see Kane was onside for his goal. The camera Chelsea had installed for the game had not be so calibrated and on that Kane looked offside. Chelsea then tried to show the photographs taken from their camera to change the officials mind. I'm addittion the line drawn on the BT Sport image ignore the Spurs defenders elbow. When all that is taken into account I wouldn't be happy suggesting with any degree of certainty that Aguero was in fact offside. That said the officials may have had other cameras so this may all be moot.

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Captain Obvious

The keyboard got a bashing after that Manchester City injury time goal was disallowed  ;D