A la recherche du temps perdu

Started by seafoid, February 23, 2010, 08:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I was going through my files there today and I came across the following correspondence from 2003. It brought a tear to my eye. The All-Ireland was on September 28th as I recall.   

The Real Tony Fearon
(8/11/03 8:37 am)

Get the hotels booked now!

In the sure and certain knowledge of being there on Sept 21st,i have reserved accommodation this morning,at a very reasonable rate,,for the 20 and 21st of Sept,at Citywest.I advise you to follow suit,as hotel space will be at a premium with premium rates come Sept 21 "

Kerry Mike

that still brings tears to the eyes tis so funny
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2010, 08:02:51 PM
I was going through my files there today and I came across the following correspondence from 2003. It brought a tear to my eye. The All-Ireland was on September 28th as I recall.   

The Real Tony Fearon
(8/11/03 8:37 am)

Get the hotels booked now!

In the sure and certain knowledge of being there on Sept 21st,i have reserved accommodation this morning,at a very reasonable rate,,for the 20 and 21st of Sept,at Citywest.I advise you to follow suit,as hotel space will be at a premium with premium rates come Sept 21 "

Tis a shame we don't have the full thread on here or at least a link to it, it should be preserved for historical reasons :D

ziggysego

Thank you kind seafold, you've brought a smile to my face tonight. This indeed brings back fond memories ;D
Testing Accessibility

seafoid

There was also this from Hardyarse 

I admire Armagh's football and the childish spewings of this nauseating p***k wouldn't have the slightest effect on my opinion.  I usually don't read his posts, in the same way that I would decline if a wino with running lip sores offered me a swig from his bottle. But every thread I visit this morning , this irritating creep is there chirruping inanities, bleating about Armagh's win as if he had something to do with it or somehow gained some reflected glory from it and gratuitously spewing bile at just about everyone else.  There's no analysis, no talk about the game, the tactics, the decisive events, the form of players or anything that would indicate the slightest interest in the game itself, other than to use it as a vehicle to haul his own insecurities and inadequacies out here in front of us all when we'd rather not look, thanks all the same.

ONeill

Legendary post. It's a pity the response by someone (maybe Hardy) as to how the telephone conversation may have gone wasn't preserved too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TacadoirArdMhacha

There were only 20 pages on the board back then weren't there? I remember every so often it'd be bumped back up to page 1 to make sure it didn't drop off the board into oblivion.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

seafoid

There was a thread called "three things you would change about football". Someone posted this

1) get rid of the ball

2) introduce a smaller ball

3) introduce hurls.

the good old days

Lar Naparka

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2010, 08:53:51 PM
There was also this from Hardyarse 

I admire Armagh's football and the childish spewings of this nauseating p***k wouldn't have the slightest effect on my opinion.  I usually don't read his posts, in the same way that I would decline if a wino with running lip sores offered me a swig from his bottle. But every thread I visit this morning , this irritating creep is there chirruping inanities, bleating about Armagh's win as if he had something to do with it or somehow gained some reflected glory from it and gratuitously spewing bile at just about everyone else.  There's no analysis, no talk about the game, the tactics, the decisive events, the form of players or anything that would indicate the slightest interest in the game itself, other than to use it as a vehicle to haul his own insecurities and inadequacies out here in front of us all when we'd rather not look, thanks all the same.
Arrah, don't be worryin' about Fearon; there's been no change in that baste and probably never will.
It's poor Hardy I do be frettin' about. He's literally fadin' away before our very eyes! We'd better get him outa Langerland somehow or he'll soon be gone entirely.
He started off as Hardyarse the Fiddler. By 2003, he had lost his fiddle and now his arse has gone missin'.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Hardy

Quote from: ONeill on February 23, 2010, 08:56:26 PM
Legendary post. It's a pity the response by someone (maybe Hardy) as to how the telephone conversation may have gone wasn't preserved too.

That was Easytiger. I might have that somewhere.

Lar - don't worry about me. I'll be grand.
Yours,
Har.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Hardy on February 24, 2010, 08:02:40 AM

Yours,
Har.

;D ;D
Fair play, Har!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

brokencrossbar1

Yours,
Har.

Don't worry Har, I have a tow bar on the yoke if you want me to drop you back in the homeland on the way past, you'll just be H by that stage!!

ziggysego

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 24, 2010, 09:43:33 AM

Yours,
Har.

Don't worry Har, I have a tow bar on the yoke if you want me to drop you back in the homeland on the way past, you'll just be H by that stage!!

He'll soon be I-
Testing Accessibility

seafoid

I seem to remember Meath winning things back in the good old days. Where did it all go wrong, Hardy ?
Too much of the good life?

ziggysego

Tried looking for it last night on webarchive, but to no avail.
Testing Accessibility