62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

clarshack

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 06:42:44 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 17, 2021, 02:13:47 PM
Strachan said this about Lennon

"If you gave me £12m I couldn't guarantee finding someone with a winning mentality like Neil Lennon's."

But we will take the opinion of some random person on an Internet forum over him, yeah?

Strachan......

Strachan..........

Another fuckwit of the highest order, by far the worst football I've ever seen at Celtic was under Strachan, a bunch of carthorses who revolved around Naka set plays and Boruc performing miracles in goal.

The same guy who thought Paul Telfer was Cafu and whose son Lennon has in his setup.

My memory of the Strachan years was that the football was brutal and that he relied on a lot of late goals to get victories but at least he was getting those victories compared to now. Celtic were hard to beat under him.

marty34

Outwith today, Celtic had dropped as many points this week as Rangers has all season.  That's some inditement on Lennon.

As I said previously, I'd let the young lads loose on theleague now and give them a good run of games over a few months and see have they potential.  No point giving them a game here or there.
Let them at it and see how they go over a good run of games.

The most ironic thing was Lennon giving out about players going away with Scotland and getting coronavirus....then he does the same thing with the team.

Drain the swamp - boardroom, coaching staff* and players.

*coaching staff - I use that term loosely as I don't know what they do at Lennoxstown...it's certainly not practising how to defend set pieces.

tonto1888

Quote from: JimStynes on January 17, 2021, 07:15:00 PM
Also, I'm a bit too young to remember Peter Grant in his prime but from what I remember he was a decent player. Neil Lennon was a limited footballer but I would have said he was quite important to the team during the peak of his Celtic career. He played his role very well.

I remember him. Angelo clearly doesn't.
Lennon played regularly for MON. I will take that and Strachans endorsement over the ravings of an Internet lunatic any day

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 17, 2021, 08:30:15 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 17, 2021, 07:15:00 PM
Also, I'm a bit too young to remember Peter Grant in his prime but from what I remember he was a decent player. Neil Lennon was a limited footballer but I would have said he was quite important to the team during the peak of his Celtic career. He played his role very well.

I remember him. Angelo clearly doesn't.
Lennon played regularly for MON. I will take that and Strachans endorsement over the ravings of an Internet lunatic any day

I remember Grant and I remember Lennon.

Grant was a fairly limited player.

Lennon was a poor man's Peter Grant.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

bennydorano

I was actually wondering for a while why you were referencing Grant, both were limited enough, but the MF 'hard' men get a reverence other players don't. Paul McStay posters adorned my wall as a kid.

tonto1888

Quote from: bennydorano on January 17, 2021, 09:21:33 PM
I was actually wondering for a while why you were referencing Grant, both were limited enough, but the MF 'hard' men get a reverence other players don't. Paul McStay posters adorned my wall as a kid.

McStay was a complete baller. Brilliant player

ned

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 17, 2021, 09:25:05 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 17, 2021, 09:21:33 PM

McStay was a complete baller. Brilliant player

I'm glad he didn't go but he would have been great in Italy. A complete midfielder, although he probably didn't score enough for Angelo's liking.

Targetman

Don't know if I should mention this or not given the current climate but I actually witnessed one of Lennon's goals for Celtic, Eddy Howe 1/5 on Skybet to be the next manager, the rumour mill has Lennon resigning after Wednesday's game, we'll see!!

tonto1888

Quote from: Targetman on January 17, 2021, 09:41:37 PM
Don't know if I should mention this or not given the current climate but I actually witnessed one of Lennon's goals for Celtic, Eddy Howe 1/5 on Skybet to be the next manager, the rumour mill has Lennon resigning after Wednesday's game, we'll see!!

This rumour comes from a WhatsApp message which also has strachan being appointed U23 manager. We don't have an U23 team so I would be very surprised if it comes to pass. I'd like it to tho

Angelo

Howe would be a decent appointment.

The thing I like about him is that at least he has an identity and a vision. Something that is badly lacking in the current team. He knows what style of football he wants to play and I think the likes of McGregor, Turnbull, Soro and Christie would excel under him.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

I'm not sure I'd want Howe. Is he going to bring Celtic forward and attract decent players? I just want Brendy back.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 09:47:08 PM
Howe would be a decent appointment.

The thing I like about him is that at least he has an identity and a vision. Something that is badly lacking in the current team. He knows what style of football he wants to play and I think the likes of McGregor, Turnbull, Soro and Christie would excel under him.

I don't like it but I agree with you haha. I think Howe would be a very good appointment

6th sam

Quote from: JimStynes on January 17, 2021, 09:49:01 PM
I'm not sure I'd want Howe. Is he going to bring Celtic forward and attract decent players? I just want Brendy back.
Brendan Rodgers did a great job at Celtic, to a point, Celtic were mostly abysmal in Europe throughout his tenure. I want to see Celtic competitive in Europe. Let's face it we won 9iar and quadruple treble , what more can we achieve at domestic level. Howe seems an excellent coach with a vision , I would snap
Him up

marty34

Quote from: Targetman on January 17, 2021, 09:41:37 PM

I hope you had £5 on him at 500-1...lol.