Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

GiveItToTheShooters

And I've already explained why this claim is unsubstantiated, hypothetical and hypocritical.

bannside

It all comes down to money.

Lennon walks away he breaks his contract. No big pay out.
If Celtic fire him he will get well compensated. Simple as that.

Mexican stand off.

marty34

Did Celtic not furlough a U20 or U21 team last week....the same week they spent god knows how much on a 'beer by the poolside' party'?

ned

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 10:25:13 AM
I've already explained why I called him a mercenary.

Here it again for you.

If be was a Celtic man he would walked away from the job months ago, utterly ashamed of what he has done. Instead he has shamelessly held on for a payout. Neil Lennon looks after Neil Lennon, to hell with Celtic, he is shameless and has treated the fans with nothing but contempt this season.

Tommy Burns was a Celtic man.

Neil Lennon is a mercenary.

Angelo we get it! Neil Lennon is not your favourite person.
I don't know anyone who wants him to stay but comparing him to Peter Grant is POINTless. If you saw Grant play you would know Lennon was a better player and no argument. How many goals a midfielder scores, especially in the more modern game, is no relevance to ability. Paul Lambert was hardly free scoring. Was he crap?

tonto1888

Quote from: marty34 on January 17, 2021, 10:49:52 AM
Did Celtic not furlough a U20 or U21 team last week....the same week they spent god knows how much on a 'beer by the poolside' party'?

U18s

Angelo

Quote from: ned on January 17, 2021, 11:25:22 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 10:25:13 AM
I've already explained why I called him a mercenary.

Here it again for you.

If be was a Celtic man he would walked away from the job months ago, utterly ashamed of what he has done. Instead he has shamelessly held on for a payout. Neil Lennon looks after Neil Lennon, to hell with Celtic, he is shameless and has treated the fans with nothing but contempt this season.

Tommy Burns was a Celtic man.

Neil Lennon is a mercenary.

Angelo we get it! Neil Lennon is not your favourite person.
I don't know anyone who wants him to stay but comparing him to Peter Grant is POINTless. If you saw Grant play you would know Lennon was a better player and no argument. How many goals a midfielder scores, especially in the more modern game, is no relevance to ability. Paul Lambert was hardly free scoring. Was he crap?

I did see Grant play, I saw him play when he was coming to the end of his Celtic career. I also Lennon play. Lennon had a belly all through his Celtic career, he played in a team under Martin O'Neill who played very direct, back to front football. Lennon scored 3 goals in over 200 appearances for Celtic. Can you name me an outfield player with as pathetic a record as that for Celtic? He had no flair, no engine, no pace. He passed the buck everytime he got the ball. I can remember the UEFA Cup where the fans were going to nuts at him for consistently getting the ball and passing it back under no pressure to a back three who did not want the ball at their feet and were then pressed into hoofing it out of play or up the pitch. Grant was a very ordinary footballer but he did have far more to his game than Lennon did, he could get about the pitch, he could drive on and get the odd goal, he was a lot more creative on the ball.

Paul Lambert was free scoring in contrast to Lennon, absolutely no doubt, he could get about the pitch, he could create goals, he had a great range of passing. Lennon was effectively like Glen Whelan was for Ireland, a guy who sits in the middle and passes the buck to someone else. Lambert scored nearly 5 times the amount of goals for Celtic as Lennon did in over 20 games less.

I'll repeat again, have Celtic ever had an outfield player who scored less than 3 goals for Celtic in over 200 appearances?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

clarshack

With Rangers dropping points today it's absolutely galling that Celtic are in this current position. It was criminal to go to Dubai and that was the final nail in the coffin for this season with the 4 points subsequently dropped as a result of going there.
I just cannot believe that Neil Lennon is still manger of Celtic football club. This must feel what it's like to be in the Twilight Zone.

tonto1888

Strachan said this about Lennon

"If you gave me £12m I couldn't guarantee finding someone with a winning mentality like Neil Lennon's."

But we will take the opinion of some random person on an Internet forum over him, yeah?

general_lee

Paul Lambert 35 career goals
Neil Lennon 25 career goals

Angelo clock out mate

balladmaker

The ifs, buts and maybes .... when many were calling the season a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't quite sure, as I expect Rangers to drop points in the second have of the season, and expected Celtic to go on a run and put them under some pressure. But the 4 points dropped since Dubai were criminal, and are a direct result of going to Dubai ... whoever decided to go to Dubai during a pandemic need to get the door for that decision alone!  League done and dusted, sooner the season is over the better, and let Rangers enjoy their 1 in a row.

JimStynes

Will Rangers be back stronger next year or have they put their lot into stopping the 10iar?

balladmaker

Quote from: JimStynes on January 17, 2021, 05:25:42 PM
Will Rangers be back stronger next year or have they put their lot into stopping the 10iar?

I'd say they'll be looking for a new manager at least, given the job SG has done with them, surely he's has to be heading to the EPL next season.  Rangers finances depend on ECL qualification, if they miss out on that, they could be in diffs.

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on January 17, 2021, 02:16:18 PM
Paul Lambert 35 career goals
Neil Lennon 25 career goals

Angelo clock out mate

Are you comparing goals from when Paul Lambert was winning a CL with Dortmund to Lennon playing with Crewe Alexandra?

Seems you are.

I was talking about their spells at Celtic.

Lambert has 14 goals in 193 games. Including a goal pivotal in stopping the 10.
Lennon 3 goals in 214 appearances. Vital in stopping the 10 in his role as manager.

Now my question was, can you name me an outfield player for Celtic who played over 200 games and managed a goal return less than Lennon?

A pair of donkeys like Gary Caldwell and Stephen McManus each managed as many goals in one season as Lennon did in close to 10 years at Celtic.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 17, 2021, 02:13:47 PM
Strachan said this about Lennon

"If you gave me £12m I couldn't guarantee finding someone with a winning mentality like Neil Lennon's."

But we will take the opinion of some random person on an Internet forum over him, yeah?

Strachan......

Strachan..........

Another fuckwit of the highest order, by far the worst football I've ever seen at Celtic was under Strachan, a bunch of carthorses who revolved around Naka set plays and Boruc performing miracles in goal.

The same guy who thought Paul Telfer was Cafu and whose son Lennon has in his setup.

JimStynes

Also, I'm a bit too young to remember Peter Grant in his prime but from what I remember he was a decent player. Neil Lennon was a limited footballer but I would have said he was quite important to the team during the peak of his Celtic career. He played his role very well.