Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: WT4E on November 17, 2014, 01:24:51 PM
Quote from: Max Payne on November 16, 2014, 11:30:56 PM
Quote from: tiempo on November 16, 2014, 05:02:17 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on November 16, 2014, 03:57:57 PM
Well done Omagh, great achievement getting to the final. Ronan O'Neill is in some form.

Must be something in those large plates of spuds he's turfing into himself, some arse for one arse

Let him ate all the spuds he wants the way he's playing. He's been unstoppable thus far. Hope he can translate that to the county stage.

Probably won't be allowed to translate next year either as MH was too stubborn to play him last year! Just cause he isn't a yes man to MH!

Did he not start against Down in the replay in the championship and the Monaghan games. Those were 2 big games so what you said doesn't add up. In Harte's defence after his performance in the Monaghan game I wouldn't have started him the next day either. He looked totally of the pace and ineffective. He has the makings of a very good player though and hopefully he can really push on next year.

Wee Roddy

Is it possible that Rony is better suited to the slower ground of Autumn and winter football. He has had good national league games, very good sigersons and is now excelling in the late Omagh run that Omagh had. I thought that apart from his goals (albiet they were all crucuial ones) in the Tyrone championship he wasnt at his best. Apart from his goal which came from a defensive lap by the Carrickmore fullback line, he had a very quiet final. Against Dromore he seemed injured too

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: tyroneman on November 17, 2014, 12:58:47 PM
Where is the final being played?

Armagh,  IFC between Warrenpoint and Iniskeen on before hand.  I reckon the Intermediate final will be a better football match as both teams are more attack minded than the 2 senior teams.  Senior final will be war of attrition with both teams playing 2 man forward lines and 12 behind the ball.

In hiding

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 17, 2014, 04:41:36 PM

Armagh,  IFC between Warrenpoint and Iniskeen on before hand.  I reckon the Intermediate final will be a better football match as both teams are more attack minded than the 2 senior teams.  Senior final will be war of attrition with both teams playing 2 man forward lines and 12 behind the ball.
I suppose senior finals are only good to watch if Crossmaglen are playing ::) ::)
The fact that cross haven't won a game outside of armagh now for two years says a lot about their style of play

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: In hiding on November 17, 2014, 05:27:27 PM

I suppose senior finals are only good to watch if Crossmaglen are playing ::) ::)
The fact that cross haven't won a game outside of armagh now for two years says a lot about their style of play

I'd say the fact that we haven't won a game says more about the injuries than anything else, but guess what, we'll not get too bothered about that now will we?

In hiding

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 17, 2014, 05:52:00 PM

I'd say the fact that we haven't won a game says more about the injuries than anything else, but guess what, we'll not get too bothered about that now will we?
Yeah maybe you're right, probably as you say they are just not good enough

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: In hiding on November 17, 2014, 06:19:27 PM

I didn't say that but sure knock yourself out.

In hiding

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 17, 2014, 06:25:24 PM

Now I am confused...
You obviously think that cross are good enough,
You think their style of play is the correct one yet they can't win a game outside of a sub standard armagh club championship. And before you cry about injured players omagh were missing 2 starters in Conor Clarke, midfielder Micheal Gallagher.

gardrumchum

Quote from: In hiding on November 17, 2014, 06:44:36 PM

Now I am confused...
You think their style of play is the correct one yet they can't win a game outside of a sub standard armagh club championship. And before you cry about injured players omagh were missing 2 starters in Conor Clarke, midfielder Micheal Gallagher.

Quote from: In hiding on August 09, 2014, 10:51:01 AM
No need to be so defensive. It just looks bad for yourselves from the outside :o

Time to heed you own advice in hiding  8)

In hiding

Quote from: gardrumchum on November 17, 2014, 07:58:48 PM
Quote from: In hiding on November 17, 2014, 06:44:36 PM

Now I am confused...

Quote from: In hiding on August 09, 2014, 10:51:01 AM
No need to be so defensive. It just looks bad for yourselves from the outside :o

Time to heed you own advice in hiding  8)
lol long runs the fox !!!

ose 14

firstly few things great debate by the way. from what ive seen ronan o neill has been unmarkable in both ulster games so far his play yesterday especially in the first half when double marked was frightening and his pass to barry tierney was reminiscent of canavan in his pomp we are only too quick to knock lads especially younger guys and one like ronan whos been touted as the next canavan from the age of 12. he is delivering like any kid he needs an arm up and around the shoulder not one to pull him down. (22)
with regard to the winter pitches its nothing to do with the ground its to do with football and having quality around you. ronan has benefitted from an extended run in club football so has justy joe conan and bazza. ronan excelled in last years sigerson due to an extended season with uuj and the fact that he was played at 11. i will ask the question when you play in a county team with a half back line that cant defend and a half forward line that cant create how could a player of ronans ability prosper. both those lines are vital. ronan has been poorly handled post his cruciate thrown in with no competitive football behind him. the monaghan game this year was a shambles in an attacking sense again that was ronan and soneills fault not the dearth in quality around them.
some of the comments on here regarding the lads physique are sad and disappointing and smack of cheap shots something frank mcguigan and joe kernan to name but a few have had to fend off all their lives. celebrate the lad he is putting tyrone football back on the map. ive had the pleasure of watching soneill peter and ronan and at 22 ronan is comparable with either of them and neither the two of them had to deal with a carer threatening injury at 19 years of age or do it as a student in a county set up that is on the slide.
prospective please.

rrhf

Great post.  Good luck in the final ro.

8)

redzone

Quote from: ose 14 on November 17, 2014, 09:17:34 PM
firstly few things great debate by the way. from what ive seen ronan o neill has been unmarkable in both ulster games so far his play yesterday especially in the first half when double marked was frightening and his pass to barry tierney was reminiscent of canavan in his pomp we are only too quick to knock lads especially younger guys and one like ronan whos been touted as the next canavan from the age of 12. he is delivering like any kid he needs an arm up and around the shoulder not one to pull him down. (22)
with regard to the winter pitches its nothing to do with the ground its to do with football and having quality around you. ronan has benefitted from an extended run in club football so has justy joe conan and bazza. ronan excelled in last years sigerson due to an extended season with uuj and the fact that he was played at 11. i will ask the question when you play in a county team with a half back line that cant defend and a half forward line that cant create how could a player of ronans ability prosper. both those lines are vital. ronan has been poorly handled post his cruciate thrown in with no competitive football behind him. the monaghan game this year was a shambles in an attacking sense again that was ronan and soneills fault not the dearth in quality around them.
some of the comments on here regarding the lads physique are sad and disappointing and smack of cheap shots something frank mcguigan and joe kernan to name but a few have had to fend off all their lives. celebrate the lad he is putting tyrone football back on the map. ive had the pleasure of watching soneill peter and ronan and at 22 ronan is comparable with either of them and neither the two of them had to deal with a carer threatening injury at 19 years of age or do it as a student in a county set up that is on the slide.
prospective please.
well said lad.stephen oneill wasn't setting the tyrone scene alight at 22 either so def need to cut the lad some slack.your rite about the cruciate.it took Matty Donnelly a few years after the cruciate to come good.despite what a lot of posters feel im optimistic about the future for tyrone.clarke and Tierney plus oneill will be keys players for tyrone in the coming years.can grogan prosper?

tyroneboi

I agree - comments about his physique are absolute rubbish. And to criticise him for the Monaghan match is equally ridiculous there isn't a forward in Ireland would have made an impact for Tyrone in that match given the style of play both teams employed.

rrhf