Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bo Man

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 11, 2014, 04:06:44 PM
Very quiet on here at the minute despite 2 of our clubs playing this weekend. Fancy Omagh to win by 3-4 and Rock to win by 7-8.

Both teams could easily win their respective competitions especially Rock who are a solid Intermediate team if we are being honest - no way are they junior although it was their own fault they ended up there in the first place! I expect both them and the Hill to hold their own next year in Div 2 in what looks a ultra competitive division

Omagh will have gained some confidence from winning Tyrone then beating the mighty Cross so I think they should certainly have too much for St. Eunans.

Cross werent / arent that mighty any more. Omagh need to watch this one on Sunday. St Eunans will not be a walk over.

ose 14

dont think anyone in omagh will be taking eunans lightly. if we were honest as a club we did not play well against cross and got very lucky in the second half a similar performance and the donegal men will eat omagh. cross will be kicking themselves they played crap and still could have beat omagh. ulster is wide open it will take a big performance against an ultra defensive donegal champions.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Bo Man on November 11, 2014, 09:49:26 PM
Very quiet on here at the minute despite 2 of our clubs playing this weekend. Fancy Omagh to win by 3-4 and Rock to win by 7-8.

Both teams could easily win their respective competitions especially Rock who are a solid Intermediate team if we are being honest - no way are they junior although it was their own fault they ended up there in the first place! I expect both them and the Hill to hold their own next year in Div 2 in what looks a ultra competitive division

Omagh will have gained some confidence from winning Tyrone then beating the mighty Cross so I think they should certainly have too much for St. Eunans.

Cross werent / arent that mighty any more. Omagh need to watch this one on Sunday. St Eunans will not be a walk over.

I wouldn't call 3-4 points a walkover ....of course Omagh need to watch this one as it is a semi final but I think they will have too much, I maybe wrong but it is only my opinion. You must have some medals in your back pocket if you claim that Cross weren't/aren't ever a mighty team....even Omagh would admit that they got Cross on an off day but Omagh deserve credit for taking advantage of that.

LeoMc

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 12, 2014, 08:16:26 AM
Quote from: Bo Man on November 11, 2014, 09:49:26 PM

I wouldn't call 3-4 points a walkover ....of course Omagh need to watch this one as it is a semi final but I think they will have too much, I maybe wrong but it is only my opinion. You must have some medals in your back pocket if you claim that Cross weren't/aren't ever a mighty team....even Omagh would admit that they got Cross on an off day but Omagh deserve credit for taking advantage of that.

Bit of a leap that!

superstar_

Quote from: wee scully on November 05, 2014, 11:40:21 AM
Division 2 reserve league - Loughmacrory reckoned they won it - a few in the CCC decided otherwise  - Loughmacrory appealed the neighbour man's decision to make it a playoff and went to Ulster and they won hands down. The seemingly friendly neighbour seemed to do eveything to ensure that the noisy neighbours didn't get the trophy early on and it appears that the resident's committee have been duped into thinking that the best way to resolve the dispute is to take it to the highest authority and pour red diesel onto the fire. Meanwhile the clubs who played for most of the year have packed up and gone home and the cup trophy that was to be presented for the reserve league is lying in a cupboard or the back seat of some man's car.

Another fine mess we've got ourselves into. More trips to Armagh, Dublin, diesel money and big feeds to be paid for.

Loughmacrory refused to play there friendly neighbours in a play off, so they huffed and have ended up with nothing to show for their year.

TyroneBill

Quote from: superstar_ on November 12, 2014, 02:14:11 PM
Quote from: wee scully on November 05, 2014, 11:40:21 AM
Division 2 reserve league - Loughmacrory reckoned they won it - a few in the CCC decided otherwise  - Loughmacrory appealed the neighbour man's decision to make it a playoff and went to Ulster and they won hands down. The seemingly friendly neighbour seemed to do eveything to ensure that the noisy neighbours didn't get the trophy early on and it appears that the resident's committee have been duped into thinking that the best way to resolve the dispute is to take it to the highest authority and pour red diesel onto the fire. Meanwhile the clubs who played for most of the year have packed up and gone home and the cup trophy that was to be presented for the reserve league is lying in a cupboard or the back seat of some man's car.

Another fine mess we've got ourselves into. More trips to Armagh, Dublin, diesel money and big feeds to be paid for.

Loughmacrory refused to play there friendly neighbours in a play off, so they huffed and have ended up with nothing to show for their year.

Did Loughmacrory not win the Reserve Championship?  Apparently the league is to be shared between the 3 teams.

wee scully

[/quote]

Like all good neighbours, the friendly neighbour man and a couple of his mates that he trusts and confides in,  decided in the end, after the spins to Armagh and Dublin, to keep the peace and keep everybody happy by sharing the love. In another first and another case of making and breaking the rules as you go along, everybody wins. An early Christmas present all round. Paddy Heaney was spot on in yesterday's paper and he must have been thinking of this wee fall out - Love thy neighbour. Christmas cards will be flying in all directions this year and Postman Pat will be busy

matchfit21

Omagh will walk over the top of St eunans and more than likely have far too much for either of the other semi finalists. Lump on early and often!

Bo Man

Quote from: matchfit21 on November 12, 2014, 06:04:18 PM
Omagh will walk over the top of St eunans and more than likely have far too much for either of the other semi finalists. Lump on early and often!

Think Omagh will win but can't see a big margin between the two teams.

Norf Tyrone

I've heard Strabane Sigersons have a new man at the helm. Might just be the rumour mill.

Fear, do you want to break the exclusive?

:)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gaffer

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 12, 2014, 10:15:20 PM
I've heard Strabane Sigersons have a new man at the helm. Might just be the rumour mill.

Fear, do you want to break the exclusive?

:)

Im hearing it's the soon to be ex-county chairman
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Max Payne

Have to agree. I'd have Omagh as favourites for Ulster, slightly ahead of Clontibret. Think they have the swagger of Ulster champs.

skeog

ardboe v sigersons be a feisty affair next season if our beloved chairman is the new gaffer at sigs   

God14

Quote from: Bo Man on November 12, 2014, 07:25:16 PM

Think Omagh will win but can't see a big margin between the two teams.

St Eunans set up ultra defensive, and certainly wont be 'walked over'. Omagh will have to work very hard for their scores, and tactically it will be very different game from the last time against Cross. This will be a dogfight between two defensive minded sides, but I think Omagh will shade it.

LeoMc

Quote from: Max Payne on November 12, 2014, 11:25:22 PM

Have to agree. I'd have Omagh as favourites for Ulster, slightly ahead of Clontibret. Think they have the swagger of Ulster champs.

I like that description. Swagger = townie team*

The underage success, the belief from finally winning the O'Neill cup and beating XMG (whatever the vintage) will serve them well. Their dogged defensive set-up will also work in their favour for November football.

*According to the GAA dictionary Townie teams have some fantastic skilful players (probably soccer players who don't appear until May) who could destroy you on a good day (if you let them) but who lack testicular fortitude.