Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

Dougal Maguire

He was in my Parish for a while some years ago. A more aloof, head up my own arse, arrogant person I've yet to meet.
Careful now

Quote from: Therealdonald on October 09, 2018, 07:44:16 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 09, 2018, 07:11:05 PM
Sounds like a lovely man with a perfect temperament to be a priest and to be involved in Tyrone football.

Wouldn't believe everything you read on here.

Probably sound advice but in this case every word I've read is true unfortunately, he was hateful.
O'Neills Therapist

rrhf

TyroneOnlooker

Have to say my own experience of Fr McAleer in Academy days was of a fairly decent man. Aloof yes but sure what priest wouldn't seem aloof to a school of teenage boys. Loved the football and would have had a stern word if messing about. Never saw anything physical and would be very surprised if the allegations are of a sexual nature. Think many parishioners in Donaghmore would be fond of him too.

rrhf

Hardy

Did all the Tyrone posters on the board go to the same school?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Hardy on October 11, 2018, 05:35:04 PM
Did all the Tyrone posters on the board go to the same school?

Looks like they went to a different school to the Armagh ones that Fr McAleer taught at

trailer

He taught in St Patrick's Grammar Armagh and later became Principal of St Patrick's Academy in Dungannon replacing Father Faul.

maddog

Wasn't he at st Brigids in Armagh as well for a time?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: maddog on October 11, 2018, 09:44:32 PM

Yeah, I think he left St Pat's and then went to Principal at St Brigid's.  I left St Pat's in 1995 and I think it was shortly after that he moved across the city.

Don Johnson

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 09, 2018, 08:55:46 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 09, 2018, 07:11:05 PM
Sounds like a lovely man with a perfect temperament to be a priest and to be involved in Tyrone football.
mickey harte only keeps the finest of company.

What a pathetic c**k head you are.

Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 11, 2018, 09:52:59 PM

Yeah, I think he left St Pat's and then went to Principal at St Brigid's.  I left St Pat's in 1995 and I think it was shortly after that he moved across the city.

Yes think he moved in the late 90s. Funny how the Tyrone posters have a different view on him but in fairness he was extremely biased towards the Tyrone contingent at St. Pats, so I suppose he was ok if you weren't been put in bins or kicked for having your feet sticking out from under the desk etc...
O'Neills Therapist

tonto1888

Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 11, 2018, 09:52:59 PM

It would have been. I started St Pats in 94 and I don't think he was at the school for a significant amount of time after I started