Club Championships Jan-Mar 2019

Started by Ball Hopper, December 10, 2018, 01:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I'd suspect Kerry clubs would generally be of a higher standard than Louth ones.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on December 10, 2018, 03:16:08 PM
I'd suspect Kerry clubs would generally be of a higher standard than Louth ones.

And Dublin clubs a higher standard to Longford?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2018, 02:22:37 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 10, 2018, 01:01:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2018, 12:25:00 PM
We are up against v Oramor - Marree they'd be the best Galway intermediate team for a while.

Two starters on the senior team in Nial Burke and McInerney

They weren't all that impressive v Tooreen who played most of 2nd half of that Connacht final with 13 men and they also lost a key player to injury after 10 mins.

Tooreen were the reigning champions.. listened to the match on the radio and it was a comfortable win, will watch it soon to get a better idea but they'd (Tooreen) a few rough challenges in the game to lose the players, the last one was late on though I think.

Either way our lads are looking forward to a run out at this level again.. I thought the last time would have done these lads but rubbing shoulders with the Galway lads should get them up for it!

Arguably would have retained that title if so much didn't go against them in the game. A 5 point margin is a slender lead in hurling and Tooreen got that match back to a one point game with 20 minutes to play, that was as good as it got for them as trying to win with 13 men for the final quarter proved a bridge too far.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 10, 2018, 05:11:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2018, 02:22:37 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 10, 2018, 01:01:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2018, 12:25:00 PM
We are up against v Oramor - Marree they'd be the best Galway intermediate team for a while.

Two starters on the senior team in Nial Burke and McInerney

They weren't all that impressive v Tooreen who played most of 2nd half of that Connacht final with 13 men and they also lost a key player to injury after 10 mins.

Tooreen were the reigning champions.. listened to the match on the radio and it was a comfortable win, will watch it soon to get a better idea but they'd (Tooreen) a few rough challenges in the game to lose the players, the last one was late on though I think.

Either way our lads are looking forward to a run out at this level again.. I thought the last time would have done these lads but rubbing shoulders with the Galway lads should get them up for it!

Arguably would have retained that title if so much didn't go against them in the game. A 5 point margin is a slender lead in hurling and Tooreen got that match back to a one point game with 20 minutes to play, that was as good as it got for them as trying to win with 13 men for the final quarter proved a bridge too far.
Tooreen were the architects of their own downfall in that game and to be brutally honest Oranmore were quite comfortable for the majority of it.  Anytime Tooreen came within striking distance, Oran clipped a few handy points to keep them at arms length and ran out comfortable enough winners.  The first sending off galvanized Tooreen a bit for sure but prior to that they looked a bit off Orans level. 

Seamus

Quote from: fearsiuil on December 10, 2018, 02:23:00 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 10, 2018, 12:43:16 PM
Quote from: fearsiuil on December 10, 2018, 12:20:44 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 10, 2018, 09:42:23 AM
Young Ireland's (Louth) v Beaufort (Kerry)

Very best of luck to Beaufort in the semi !

Div 5 Louth v Div 1 Kerry  :-X
Young Irelands won Louth division 3 this year. Point still stands though!!
Which is?
Junior all Ireland series featuring a Kerry division 1 team playing against a team operating at a lower level in a not so prominent football county.

Both teams are playing Div 2 football next year, far cry from Div 1 V Div 5
Beaufort were extremely lucky to beat Churchill, a Div 5 team in the Kerry semi-final by a point and a Div 3 team, St Senans, took them to extra time in the quarter final. There are a large number of teams of equal quality. Divisional placement does not tell the full story.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Ball Hopper

Dates, times and venues announced.

Senior Football

16 Feb: Corofin (Galway) v Gaoth Dobhair (Donegal) in Carrick-on-Shannon 1:30pm
16 Feb: Dr. Crokes (Kerry) v Mullinalaghta (Longford) in Thurles 3:30pm

March 17: Final in Croke Park

Intermediate Football

20 Jan: An Spidéal (Galway) v St. Enda's (Antrim) in Navan 2pm
20 Jan: Two Mile House (Kildare) v Kilcummin (Kerry) in Limerick 2pm

Feb 9: Final in Croke Park

Junior Football

20 Jan: Easkey (Sligo) v Red Hugh's (Donegal) in Ballinamore 2pm
20 Jan: Young Ireland's (Louth) v Beaufort (Kerry) in Portlaoise 2pm

Feb 9: Final in Croke Park

Senior Hurling

9 Feb: Ruairí Óg, Cushendall (Antrim) v St. Thomas's (Galway) in Parnell Park 3pm
9 Feb: Ballygunner (Waterford) v Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny) in Thurles 5pm

March 17: Final in Croke Park

Intermediate Hurling

19 Jan: Graigue-Ballycallan (Kilkenny) v Charleville (Cork) in Thurles 2pm
20 Jan: Oramor-Marree (Galway) v St. Galls (Antrim) in Parnell Park 2pm

Feb 10: Final in Croke Park

Junior Hurling

20 Jan: St. Mary's Kiltoghert (Leitrim) v Castleblayney Faughs (Monaghan) in Mullingar 2pm
20 Jan: Dunnamaggin (Kilkenny) v Cloughduv (Cork) in Dungarvan 2pm

Feb 10: Final in Croke Park

manfromdelmonte

Two Kerry clubs get two Munster venues for their semi finals
They must have great pull on the fixtures committee

Cunny Funt

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 18, 2018, 07:27:39 AM

Out of interest has anyone got a number on the amount of times that Kerry clubs and county teams (junior,minor,U21) have got Munster venues for the All Ireland series games in the last decade?

Owenmoresider

In fairness Thurles and Limerick are pretty much halfway between the two teams in both ties. The problem with Kerry being so far away within the province I suppose.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 18, 2018, 10:33:53 AM
In fairness Thurles and Limerick are pretty much halfway between the two teams in both ties. The problem with Kerry being so far away within the province I suppose.

Our club would have loved to have played at Thurles in the Intermediate semi final, just as a venue steeped in history for the players to run out there, and going that extra distance would have been ok.. Parnell will do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Joe Mc Nallys Ballsack

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 18, 2018, 09:43:48 AM

Out of interest has anyone got a number on the amount of times that Kerry clubs and county teams (junior,minor,U21) have got Munster venues for the All Ireland series games in the last decade?

Makes a change for people not to be complaining about Dublin for once

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Club Semi finals involving Kerry teams and travel distances.

Junior Semi Final (Portlaoise): Beaufort - 137 mile journey, Young Irelands Dundalk 106 miles (all on motorway)
Intermediate Semi Final (Limerick): Kilcummin - 70 miles, Twomilehouse 104 miles (mostly motorway)
Senior semi final (Thurles): Dr Crokes-102 miles, Mullinalaghta - 94 miles.

Just in case the facts, ya know, might be taken into consideration a bit.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Shamrock Shore

No problem travelling to Thurles to see the Mullinalaghtas play Crokes. I don't think what province the sod is in has any relevance.

What does piss me off is (off the point, I know) is anytime Longford play Ulster opposition it's an Ulster ref.

Now that I have this out of my system I do hope the crowd won't be lost in such a venue. A tighter venue may have been more appropriate. Can we expect 1,000 from Longford and perhaps a few more than 1,000 from Kerry................in a 40,000 capacity venue?

armaghniac

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 21, 2018, 08:47:10 AM
No problem travelling to Thurles to see the Mullinalaghtas play Crokes. I don't think what province the sod is in has any relevance.

What does piss me off is (off the point, I know) is anytime Longford play Ulster opposition it's an Ulster ref.

Now that I have this out of my system I do hope the crowd won't be lost in such a venue. A tighter venue may have been more appropriate. Can we expect 1,000 from Longford and perhaps a few more than 1,000 from Kerry................in a 40,000 capacity venue?

These big stadia can fit everyone in under a roof, which can be nice in February.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B