Laois Divisional Championship

Started by Don Draper, September 17, 2018, 10:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: merman on October 10, 2018, 12:32:27 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on October 10, 2018, 10:06:06 AM
Any Rosenallis fella able to tell me what the deal is with the Fennells and the "C"? Seems odd.

I believe their mother is a Culleton.
Culleton-Fennell was shortened when the lads went to primary school.
A fair mouthful alright. Thanks.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Don Draper on October 10, 2018, 01:20:47 PM
Quote from: merman on October 10, 2018, 12:32:27 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on October 10, 2018, 10:06:06 AM
Any Rosenallis fella able to tell me what the deal is with the Fennells and the "C"? Seems odd.

I believe their mother is a Culleton.
Culleton-Fennell was shortened when the lads went to primary school.
A fair mouthful alright. Thanks.
An even better question is , how many C fennel's is there in Rosenallis ? Seems to be a good few

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Chrimtain

Not sure how many players stood out tonight, but, having seen only the second match, it seemed to me that the players were really up for it and served up an enjoyable game. I think this competition has a future.

To be honest, I did not recognize all of the players (apart from the well known county players), but Aaron Forbes looks like he has improved a lot.

Laoiseabu

Looking at him in the championship you wouldn't think he improved . Anyone stand out ?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Results from tonight's games:

East Central:          2-12
West Northwest:   0-12

South East :           5-16
North East :           3-11           

East Central
Management Team: Dan Nelligan, Greg Ramsbottom, Brendan Quigley

Squad
Stradbally: Colm Begley, Wayne Comerford (inj), Liam Knowles, Eoin Buggie, Jack Deegan, Jody Dillon, Tom Shiel.
Ballylinan: Gary Walsh, Conor Behan, Andy McEvoy, Kevin Byrne, James Farrell, Robbie Donoher (inj), Alan Farrell (inj), Seamus Lacey.
St Joseph's: Aaron Cooney, Dan Dunne (inj), Adam Campion, Donal Ramsbottom, James Kelly, Michael Keogh, Brian Daly.
Ballyroan Abbey: Aaron Carroll, Shaun Murphy, John Rogers, Diarmuid Whelan, Martin Scully, Conor Brennan.
Park-Ratheniska: Richie Hitchcock, Padraig Dunne.
Timahoe: Ruairi O'Connor, Damien O'Connor.

West Northwest
Management Team: Shane Conlon, Derek Conroy, Darren Rooney

Squad
Ballyfin: Davy Connolly, James Moore, Ben Conroy, Sean Moore.
Clonaslee St Manman's: Willie Young.
Rosenallis: Cathal C Fennell, Fiachra C Fennell, Ruaidhri C Fennell, Eoin Dunne.
Mountmellick: Colm Coss, Niall Mullen, Darren Fitzpatrick, Jason Caffrey, Gearoid Hanrahan, James Mullaney, Ryan Mullaney, Eoin Keogh, Eoin George, Brendan Reddin.
The Rock: Aaron Dowling, Conor Flynn, Anavil Storey.
The Harps: Ciaran Comerford, Daniel Comerford.
Camross: Robert Tyrell.
St Brigid's (Dublin): John O'Loughlin (inj)

South East
Management Team: Martin Gorman, John Kealy, Brian 'Beano' McDonald

Squad
Arles-Kilcruise: Kevin Meaney, Francis Egan, David Conway, Ross Munnelly, Michael Wall, Caomhan Brennan.
Crettyard: Evan O'Carroll, Sean O'Shea, Michael Nash, Cormac Murphy.
Killeshin: David McDermott, Shane Bolger, Eoin Lowry, Evan Lowry, Stephen Attride, Kevin Ryan.
Arles-Killeen: Paul Kingston, Donie Kingston, Sean O'Shea.
Graiguecullen: Mark Timmons, Danny Bolger, Martin Doyle, Luke Alsybury, Trevor Collins, Paul Mulready, Brian Byrne, Aaron Forbes, Danny O'Reilly.
Barrowhouse: Emmet Malone.

North East
Management Team: Paul Lawlor, John Scully, Frank Finn

Squad
The Heath: Robbie Dowling, Alan Whelan, Brian Ging, Evin Keane, James Phelan.
Emo: Nigel Murphy, Shane Murphy, Niall Gorman, Darren Strong, Liam Crowley, Padraig Kirwan, Finbarr Crowley, Evan Costello, Jack Owens.
Portarlington: Scott Osborne, Robbie Piggott, Colm Murphy, Diarmuid Bennett, Graham Weldon, Patrick O'Sullivan, Jordan Fitzpatrick, Ronan Coffey (inj), Sean Byrne.
Annanough: Killian Horgan, Elliot Scully.

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

I think the fact everyone showed up is the big positive here, they all want to make the Laois panel which is huge.  Credit where credit is due to Sugrue, managements  , the County Board, players & supporters for getting behind it.  It definitely has possibility's, a scoreboard would be a huge help in the Center of Excellence.

Chrimtain

Maybe there were programmes available last night, but I didn't get one, so it was hard to make out the players. I think Evin Keane of The Heath played well. Kevin Meaney also had a good game, and looked surprisingly fit. Evan Costelloe also had a good game. I was disappointed at the poor representation from Portarlington. As a club, they should be very disappointed as well. They may have a lot of young players, but they seem to be going nowhere. That a town of its size could only manage to have one player on view says much about them. Understandably lacking the O'Dempsey's and Courtwood players also, the NE team seemed to have a squad of only 17.  In general though, I was impressed with eagerness of the players in the one match that I saw.

town1980

I think laoisabu has an issue with the graigue people

Laoiseabu

Town1980 just cause I make a factual statement about someone or something dosent mean I have an issue with them . I'm just pointing out what perhaps others might not see.

Laois fan

I was disappointed at the poor representation from Portarlington. As a club, they should be very disappointed as well. They may have a lot of young players, but they seem to be going nowhere. That a town of its size could only manage to have one player on view says much about them............Bshit shitstirring comment While port only had two playing a further three were there but injured,one was abroad on holidays and another couldnt get off work .Young slevin and mohan who were prob portbs better players this year werent called in

O moore parklife

Laoiseabu

Best players this year ? The chap got injured in the first game of the championship so didn't play. U must be thinking of someone else

Unlaoised

West north west looked the most disjointed out of the 4 teams but the Moore chap was a standout .

Games had a nice bite about them but in truth it was the county men or ex county men like a meaney which stood out.

I suppose if it added 3 players to the panel and maybe a returning meaney / boyle /kehoe /or Merdith then we would be stronger going forward..

Was few lads i couldnt make out in the second game which were good one half back on the south east team in particular
LAOIS ABÚ

Chrimtain

Quote from: Unlaoised on October 15, 2018, 02:46:44 PM
West north west looked the most disjointed out of the 4 teams but the Moore chap was a standout .

Games had a nice bite about them but in truth it was the county men or ex county men like a meaney which stood out.

I suppose if it added 3 players to the panel and maybe a returning meaney / boyle /kehoe /or Merdith then we would be stronger going forward..

Was few lads i couldnt make out in the second game which were good one half back on the south east team in particular

Was that Aylesbury from Graigcullen?