GAA TV Radio & Webcasts

Started by thejuice, February 12, 2008, 11:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

corcaioch

Next weeks live game is Kerry v Dublin...

Donagh

Delayed coverage of Cork - Armagh on TG4 later today.

Lecale2

Are the NFL finals all on TG4 or is Setanta Ireland involved?

donelli

fermanagh v down , sunday 3.3pm.
live on bbc

del_carroll

any decent links for todays games? streaming service from setanta seems not to be set up. rte have cut off the coverage for us exiles :-(

thanks
d.

45GoneShort

I think this was discussed before, but is there any way of watching an "Island of Ireland" rte game via proxy. Leitrim v Roscommon game is live on the Internet and a few of the lads down under want to get  a chance to watch it.

Bod Mor

For those in Australia, this is the Setanta line-up (until end of June):

May
31/05/09 20:30 EST Leinster Championship Quarter Final Offaly v  Wexford   1st airing
31/05/09 22:00 EST  Ulster Championship Quarter Final Tyrone v  Armagh  Live

June
31/05/09 22:00 EST  Ulster Championship Quarter Final Tyrone v  Armagh   Live
01/06/09 00:30 EST Munster Championship Quarter Final Cork v  Tipperary   Live
07/06/09 22:30 EST Munster Championship Semi Final Cork v  Kerry   Live
08/06/09 00:30 EST Leinster Championship Quarter Final Meath v  Dublin Live 
09/06/09 10:45 EST Ulster Championship Quarter Final Fermanagh/Down v  Cavan   1st airing
14/06/09 03:30 EST Leinster Championship Quarter Final Kildare  v  Wexford  Live
14/06/09 22:30 EST Leinster Championship Quarter Final Wicklow v  Westmeath  Live
15/06/09 00:30 EST Munster Championship Semi Final Limerick v  Waterford   Live
21/06/09 01:30 EST Connacht Championship Semi Final Mayo v  Leitrim/Roscommon Live   
21/06/09 12:30 EST Leinster Championship Semi Final TBC v  TBC   1st airing
21/06/09 22:30 EST Ulster Championship Semi Final Tyrone/Armagh v  Derry/Monaghan Live 
22/06/09 00:30 EST Munster Championship Semi Final Cork/Tipperary v  Clare   Live
28/06/09 03:30 EST Ulster Championship Semi Final Donegal/Antrim v  Cavan/Fermanagh Live 
28/06/09 22:30 EST Connacht Championship Semi Final Sligo v  Galway   Live
29/06/09 00:30 EST Leinster Championship Semi Final Westmeath/Wicklow vDublin/Meath  Live

Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

chatchampionship

anyone know how I can watch the Tyrone v Derry match online on the RTE media player thing
it keeps saying only available in Ireland. Is there a proxy or something to watch or get past it. I want to see
the Brolly/ Spillane debate as much as the game itself.

laoisgaa

The Sunday Game - Sun 5 Jul at 9.30 p.m. on RTÉ Two

GAA 125 MUNSTER HURLING SPECIAL

Tonight's programme features a Munster Hurling Special celebrating the 125th anniversary of the GAA and will highlight many of the great moments that have made Munster Hurling Championship so special as well as previewing this year's final between old rivals Waterford and Tipperary.

The programme will pay tribute to some of the legends of the game such as Christy Ring, Mick Mackey and Jimmy Doyle, and along with many special guests there will also be a live studio audience for the very first time on The Sunday Game. Marty Morrissey will be at Hayes Hotel providing a live link to the home of hurling during the show and the programme will also announce just who is the top Munster hurler over the past 25 years, with a very special presentation to the winner.

As well as the tribute, Des Cahill will also present coverage of the weekend's action including the Munster Senior Football final between Cork and Limerick, the Leinster Senior Hurling final as All Ireland champions Kilkenny face Anthony Daly's Dublin and a round up of the best of the action from the hurling and football qualifiers from the weekend. Joining Des for discussion will be Anthony Tohill, Kevin McStay, Cyril Farrell, Ger Loughnane and Tomás Mulcahy.

The Road to Croker - Fri 10 Jul at 7.00 p.m. on RTÉ Two

The Road to Croker is back and with a fresh new format! The popular GAA programme returns with a new magazine style format and new time slot at the beginning of every GAA weekend. For the remainder of the 2009 Championship, RTÉ Two on Friday evenings will be the channel to turn to for star name interviews, nostalgia and grassroots issues, all filtered through a uniquely irreverent perspective.

Opening the first episode is comedian and TV presenter Patrick Kielty who, when he comes back to Dundrum in County Down, is still "Paddy Kielty who played football for Dundrum, who goes to the pub and buys my round", despite his high profile career and celebrity lifestyle. In this programme he talks about how his first stand up performances were about the GAA and claims the phrase 'who does yer man think he is' was coined by the Association. Kielty was pretty serious about his football, winning an All Ireland medal for the Down minor team in 1987, and earlier this year, his club Dundrum named their pitch after his father, Jack Kielty, who was murdered by loyalist paramilitaries.

Also in tonight's programme, rival net minders, Waterford and Tipperary goalkeepers Clinton Hennessey and Brendan Cummins, explain the pressures on a hurling goalkeeper ahead of their clash in the Munster Hurling Final and how they came to be the guardians of the net.

The programme also asks why it has been 10 years since a Leinster team won an All Ireland. With Leinster football going through a serious drought, Dr. Pat O'Neill diagnoses the problem while Meath tough guy Colm Coyle prescribes the cure.

Bod Mor

Setanta Australia in July:
05/07/09 03:40 EST All Ireland Championship Round 1 Armagh v  Monaghan   
05/07/09 23:00 EST Munster Championship Final Limerick v  Cork   
06/07/09 00:30 EST Leinster Championship Final Kilkenny  v  Dublin   
12/07/09 TBC All Ireland Championship Round 2 TBC v  TBC   
12/07/09 23:00 EST Leinster Championship Final Dublin/.Westmeath v  Laois/Kildare   
13/07/09 00:30 EST Munster Championship Final Waterford v  Tipperary   
19/07/09 TBC All Ireland Championship Round 3 TBC v  TBC   
19/07/09 23:00 EST Ulster Championship Final Tyrone v  Antrim/Cavan   
20/07/09 00:30 EST Connacht Championship Final Mayo v  Galway/Sligo   
26/07/09 TBC All Ireland Championship Football Round 4 TBC v  TBC   
26/07/09 23:00 EST All Ireland Championship Hurling Quarter Final TBC v  TBC   
27/07/09 00:30 EST All Ireland Championship Hurling Quarter Final TBC v  TBC 
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

passedit

Really think these two posts from the setanta thread should be here as well.
Credit to Bennyharp and theoriginalmup

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 24, 2009, 12:17:41 PM
Not sure if someone has posted this before but for those of us in the UK the link below is excellent for watching RTE2 - its very good quality however it has jsut come back after coming off air for a while! But its better than nothing for watching the gaelic!

mms://live2.wm.rte.servecast.net/rte_wmlz_rte2-450.wmv
Quote from: theoriginalmup on June 30, 2009, 02:56:58 PM
how to watch rte from anywhere in the world
think these are the links

RTE 1
For Windows Media Player
mms://89.207.56.17/wmtencoder/rte1-450.wmv
For Real Player
rtsp://89.207.56.45/broadcast/rte1-450.rm
rtsp://89.207.56.17/broadcast/rte1-450.rm
rtsp://89.207.56.45:554/broadcast/rte1-450.rm
rtsp://89.207.56.17:554/broadcast/rte1-450.rm

RTE 2
For Windows Media Player
mms://89.207.56.18/wmtencoder/rte2-450.wmv
For RealPlayer
rtsp://89.207.56.18/broadcast/rte2-450.rm
rtsp://89.207.56.46/broadcast/rte2-450.rm
rtsp://89.207.56.18:554/broadcast/rte2-450.rm
rtsp://89.207.56.46:554/broadcast/rte2-450.rm

Don't Panic

Oisins Abu

this one is for anybody living off of the island of ireland, if you want to watch rte online then it is worth investing a few pound on a ip changer software package, ip hider is one i use and it works perfectly, i watched cavan v antrim and laois v kildare on saturday using it aswell as watching all of rte's back programmes on the rte player, just a thought,

slan
"He kicks the ball lan san aer, could've been a goal, could've been a point........it went wide"

laoisgaa

GAA Match Coverage

GAA matches will be available live online in England, Scotland and Wales this weekend through the Setanta website.

The following three games will be available online through the Setanta-i player on a match pay per view basis by clicking on www.setanta.com/i/global

GAA Football Qualifier Round 1 (Sat)
Clones, 7.00pm, Muineachán v Ard Mhacha, RTE2, Referee: Derek Fahy (Longfort) (E.T. if Necessary)

(Sun) Munster GAA Football Senior Championship Final
Páirc Uí Chaoimh, 2.00pm, Corcaigh v Luimneach, TV3, Referee: Rory Hickey (An Clár)

(Sun) Leinster GAA Hurling Senior Championship Final
Páirc an Chrócaigh, 4.00pm, Áth Cliath v Cill Chainnigh, TV3, Referee: Johnny Ryan (Tiobraid Árann)

Talks are also expected to take place next week to reinstate the availability of our games through a pub/club chain in England, Scotland and Wales.     

Users outside the United States, Canada, Australia and Ireland can also access these games live by clicking on www.setanta.com/i/global.

Users living in the United States, Canada and Australia should refer to the Setanta-i player for their region to confirm availability online. Users in these regions will still be able to view games live on TV in bars and restaurants through Setanta Premium and also through home subscriptions in Australia.

Notes:
Setanta-i player requires the Microsoft Silverlight and Autobahn plugins which are downloadable from www.setanta.com/i/global.
If you are having trouble with these downloads, please contact global-setanta-i@setanta.com for assistance.

lob her in lad

I honestly don't know why you would pay the $9.99 for the setanta coverage of these games when you could watch it in the same quality for free elsewhere, but then again that's probably just me being a tight arse.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."