Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2019, 01:31:18 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on December 20, 2019, 01:02:55 AM
Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2019, 12:12:09 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 19, 2019, 11:16:52 PM
I love the stupid shite whitey comes out with sometimes hahahahha

Lol-Elizabeth Warren actually has a position on this matter and if you disagree with it her supporters will jump all over you and call you a transphobe

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/10/11/warrens_transgender_inmate_stance_counters_her_2012_position_141464.html

You are bringing this issue to the board. Is it something that is particularly close to your heart?

No.....I was responding to a dire prediction that J70 made

" The GOP will probably win another four years and continue their assault on the environment, the poor, LGBTs and minorities, all the while continuing to whine about victimhood and continuing to defend the conduct of the most immoral and corrupt man ever to hold the office in most of our lifetimes.

If it continues, I reckon the country would be better off splitting. I don't see much common ground to be shared the way things are heading with the GOP and Trump. Let them go form their Christian utopia where gays are back in the closet,"

What's the dire prediction?

That Trump and the GOP are currently taking the country in an ugly direction (which I've already said I hope sensible conservatives pull the movement away from)? Or that if it does continue in that direction that the country might be better splitting up?

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2019, 12:12:09 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 19, 2019, 11:16:52 PM
I love the stupid shite whitey comes out with sometimes hahahahha

Lol-Elizabeth Warren actually has a position on this matter and if you disagree with it her supporters will jump all over you and call you a transphobe

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/10/11/warrens_transgender_inmate_stance_counters_her_2012_position_141464.html

You've been jumped on and called a transphobe by her supporters?

If so, for objecting to which part of her position?

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on December 20, 2019, 08:32:28 AM
Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2019, 07:17:17 PM
J70-do you think the taxpayers should be on the hook for prisoners gender reassignment surgery?

Do you think males athletes be able to self identify as female and then apply for college scholarships?

If you answered no to either question, then you are a homo/trans phobe according to many on the left?
Should tax payers be on the hook for plutocrats, Whitey ?
That is the bigger question.

Top 10% already pay 70% of all income taxes

How much more would you like them to pay?

Denn Forever

What is the level of income of those 10^?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2019, 01:01:08 PM

Given the top 10% have over 99% of the wealth, I'd be expecting them to pay more than 70% of taxes. [note - not income taxes alone]

This is probably worth a read:

https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/votervital/who-are-the-rich-and-how-might-we-tax-them-more/

i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

Can someone tell me what the house impeached trump for ?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on December 20, 2019, 02:55:45 PM
Can someone tell me what the house impeached trump for ?

No news or google available to you?

Abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2019, 01:01:08 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 20, 2019, 08:32:28 AM
Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2019, 07:17:17 PM
J70-do you think the taxpayers should be on the hook for prisoners gender reassignment surgery?

Do you think males athletes be able to self identify as female and then apply for college scholarships?

If you answered no to either question, then you are a homo/trans phobe according to many on the left?
Should tax payers be on the hook for plutocrats, Whitey ?
That is the bigger question.

Median wages have been stagnant for 40 years. It's only a matter of time before the rich get soaked and payrises restart. That is how the game works.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

$100 billion of taxpayers' money spent per year on corporate welfare and the right wants us to worry about the health bills of a handful of transgender inmates.

My. Good. God.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 20, 2019, 06:14:54 PM
$100 billion of taxpayers' money spent per year on corporate welfare and the right wants us to worry about the health bills of a handful of transgender inmates.

My. Good. God.

I'm not worried about it in the least......but I think it's fantastic that it has actually become a real issue in the Democratic Primary

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/10/26/bill_maher_to_democrats_stop_wearing_your_most_divisive_issues_on_your_sleeve.html

Eamonnca1

Sanders is pretty good at keeping the conversation focused on the "handful of billionayas," Warren is pretty good at it too.

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2019, 09:22:18 PM

My. Good. God.

I'm not worried about it in the least......but I think it's fantastic that it has actually become a real issue in the Democratic Primary

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/10/26/bill_maher_to_democrats_stop_wearing_your_most_divisive_issues_on_your_sleeve.html

Its a "real issue" in the primary, or a candidate has expressed their support? Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but the issue of convicted criminals receiving gender reassignment surgey is not one I remember hearing about this year.

I remember a few years back, Jon Huntsman coming out in support of action to combat climate change.

Did that make the GOP the party of reason and scientific understanding back then?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 21, 2019, 12:53:48 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2019, 09:22:18 PM

My. Good. God.

Its a "real issue" in the primary, or a candidate has expressed their support? Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but the issue of convicted criminals receiving gender reassignment surgey is not one I remember hearing about this year.

I remember a few years back, Jon Huntsman coming out in support of action to combat climate change.

Did that make the GOP the party of reason and scientific understanding back then?

Well it's relevant enough that Bill Maher has taken to the airwaves to tell her to STFU about it

(Maybe it's gotten more airplay in Boston because it's a 180 to her position on the matter in her Senate race against Scott Brown in 2012)

https://thinkprogress.org/elizabeth-warren-transgender-prisoners-lgbtq-record-352c3b445bba/amp/

J70

Society in general has changed on trans people in the past decade. Warren is hardly alone in changing her positions on it. Fact is most people had probably given it little thought at all before then.
The GOP is still struggling with gay marriage while the rest of the western world has accepted it and moved on.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 21, 2019, 02:08:14 PM
Society in general has changed on trans people in the past decade. Warren is hardly alone in changing her positions on it. Fact is most people had probably given it little thought at all before then.
The GOP is still struggling with gay marriage while the rest of the western world has accepted it and moved on.

Fantastic. That settles it then.