Davy Byrne

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 08, 2015, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on July 12, 2015, 09:10:16 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 12, 2015, 09:05:00 AM
A few thoughts I've had this week regarding this incident. Just my opinions folks so we're all entitled to that.
1. I presume Dublin arranged this game to set themselves a decent challenge to play away from Croker against a Northern tough team who Gavin knew would provide a hard physical game to test his team against a defensive system that he will probably be coming up against much more from here on in.

2. Dublin away from home know that teams will put it up to them more and try to bully them and intimidate them as some see the Dubs as being a nice open football team but maybe not having too many 'hard' men bar MDMA, McMahon or O'Gara who is out injured. As a result of this Dublin have to make a stand and be seen not to be pushovers.
3. Gavin seems to paint this very whiter than white image of his team and has openly criticised other teams tactics and behaviour and seems quite smug in his views on his team play the game in the way it should be played.
4. I'm sure there are several more incidents but I can think of three times where Dublin have been involved in unsavoury very serious incidents which each time have been very quickly brushed under the carpet with minimal media attention and no big fuss made about it.

I was in Omagh yesterday & Skerries GAA club last night and the amount of Gaels who hadn't even heard about the match was unreal.
As a Tyrone lad living in Dublin I am sick to the teeth of hearing bad press about Tyrone football. Even after our under 21s won a great game if football this year to lift our spirits again the media were on our back.
My main point for posting today is not to ask what R ally happened in that game and what will be done about it. No my grievance is do you agree with me that there seems to be a very clear pattern here of Double standards?
Whether its because of the Dublin based media or as someone on here suggested, even worse refs or opposing teams being offered money to go away and be quiet just to get Dublin off the hook, I really don't know.

I live in Dublin for a long time and yes I have some anti Dublin bias, however I enjoyed seeing Dublin win Sam in 2011 as it gives the whole city a lift and there was good mood and atmosphere in the place.
Naturally enough I am saddened by my own county's demise and how so many people perceive us now thanks to people like Brolly and very anti Northern Southern media but c'est la vie.

My main question to most on here is if this incident had of happened in a 'friendly' match between Donegal and Tyrone would we have the same silence of what really happened or would there be uproar about the thuggery and sledging up there and how something has to be done to stop this cancer.

Will you ever fcuk off. You're having a go at Dublin in situation where it was a Dubln player who was the victim. That and having a moan and a whine about people picking on poor Tyrone. FFS!
With paranoia like that Fuzz man must have started hitting the white stuff since he moved to Dublin. This is the sort of shite FoSB was coming out with a couple of weeks ago after watching a programme in which Tyrone weren't mentioned  :-\

AZOffaly

Was the Dublin man the 'victim' though? I know he got a broken nose out of it, and I've heard broken jaw and broken eye socket as well, but there's some doubt about that apparently. I can't believe Dublin would want this to just go away if it was as clear as the media made it out to be. I was getting annoyed listening to Newstalk yesterday on the way to Thurles. They were going on and on about this victim thing, and were incredulous that Gavin wanted to just sweep it under the carpet. Part of their annoyance was because it will kill the story, of course, but it annoyed me that not one of the panel said 'Why are Dublin eager to keep it under wraps?'.

Unless there is legal proceedings under way (in which case I apologise), I think it's fairly clear the victim status may be at least in question here. I don't like the way Armagh are being slated when no one really knows what's going on.

twohands!!!

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 13, 2015, 11:33:23 AM
Was the Dublin man the 'victim' though? I know he got a broken nose out of it, and I've heard broken jaw and broken eye socket as well, but there's some doubt about that apparently. I can't believe Dublin would want this to just go away if it was as clear as the media made it out to be. I was getting annoyed listening to Newstalk yesterday on the way to Thurles. They were going on and on about this victim thing, and were incredulous that Gavin wanted to just sweep it under the carpet. Part of their annoyance was because it will kill the story, of course, but it annoyed me that not one of the panel said 'Why are Dublin eager to keep it under wraps?'.

Unless there is legal proceedings under way (in which case I apologise), I think it's fairly clear the victim status may be at least in question here. I don't like the way Armagh are being slated when no one really knows what's going on.

Seems to be no plan as regards legal proceedings - if there were there's no way Gavin would have gone on Newstalk.

I would imagine Dublin's big concern is what happened in the all-in brawl that followed - if a couple of their big names got banned for a game or two, it might make things a fair bit trickier as regards Sam - and that's before the whole aspect of what their laundry list of sponsors would think about the whole thing. One thing is sponsor a winning team battering minnows in their home patch, another thing giving money to a group of lads involved in bald-headed violence.

INDIANA

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 13, 2015, 11:40:51 AM

Seems to be no plan as regards legal proceedings - if there were there's no way Gavin would have gone on Newstalk.

I would imagine Dublin's big concern is what happened in the all-in brawl that followed - if a couple of their big names got banned for a game or two, it might make things a fair bit trickier as regards Sam - and that's before the whole aspect of what their laundry list of sponsors would think about the whole thing. One thing is sponsor a winning team battering minnows in their home patch, another thing giving money to a group of lads involved in bald-headed violence.

As I stated previously don't draw any conclusions in the absence of public facts

Also Dublin didn't have any of their starting 15 playing .

Mourne Rover

This is a discussion which has been going on for some weeks and has potentially serious consequences for both counties. Davy Byrne's name is in the public domain so can his Armagh counterpart be identified ?

INDIANA

Quote from: Mourne Rover on July 13, 2015, 01:05:20 PM
This is a discussion which has been going on for some weeks and has potentially serious consequences for both counties. Davy Byrne's name is in the public domain so can his Armagh counterpart be identified ?

Can you explain these serious consequences for Dublin you keep going on about because I'm struggling to see them.

Feckitt

I heard yesterday at the game, that an unwarranted punch to the balls by the Dublin player was rewarded with a few boxes around the head by the Armagh player.  No broken jaw, no broken eye socket, but apparently it is true about the Dublin man having his jersey pulled over his head while the Armagh man (A senior member of the panel) give him a good few punches in quick succession.

Sidney

Quote from: Feckitt on July 13, 2015, 04:47:36 PM
I heard yesterday at the game, that an unwarranted punch to the balls by the Dublin player was rewarded with a few boxes around the head by the Armagh player.  No broken jaw, no broken eye socket, but apparently it is true about the Dublin man having his jersey pulled over his head while the Armagh man (A senior member of the panel) give him a good few punches in quick succession.
What you should do here is name all the Armagh players who are not the alleged perpetrator.

Mourne Rover

Indiana, a Dublin player spent two nights in hospital after what was reportedly a brawl involving both sides. There has been a huge spotlight on the affair for some weeks, with growing calls for an official investigation. Do you really have to be told why serious consequences could potentially follow for each county ?

Teo Lurley

Subsequent to the game, both players have spoken to each other and they regret what happened, they've had a frank discussion with each other and both of them are keen on getting back into their county jerseys.

Teo Lurley

Subsequent to the game, both players have spoken to each other and they regret what happened, they've had a frank discussion with each other and both of them are keen on getting back into their county jerseys.

Teo Lurley

Teo Lurley

How many times do you need this repeated to you?

INDIANA

Quote from: Feckitt on July 13, 2015, 04:47:36 PM

Complete bullshit.

Jinxy

In fairness to Parkinson, he was saying if it was just two lads going at it, he didn't have a massive problem with the whole thing as it takes two to tango.
It was the whole 'Move along, nothing to see here' approach that was making him think this isn't what happened in this case.
It's unusual that both sides would refuse to say anything about what happened.
Dublin would seem to be the victims here and yet they don't want anyone looking too closely at what happened, which would make you wonder.
If you were any use you'd be playing.