Leinster Club Championships

Started by LooseCannon, September 30, 2019, 12:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 09, 2019, 07:59:08 PM
Kilkenny senior football champions Mullinavat beat Dublin intermediate champions Ballyboughal 3-11 to 2-11 in the Leinster championship. What odds would you have got on that shock win?
Always been plenty of good footballers in Kilkenny
The county board just have allowed the county teams fade away

LaurelEye

Quote from: shark on November 08, 2019, 12:46:56 PM
Quote from: IronMike247 on November 08, 2019, 11:57:57 AM
Some interesting fixtures there. I imagine Portlaoise will be too strong for St Patricks.
Eire Og and Sarsfields could be a tight one, I'll go for a draw in this one.
Garrycastle and Ratoath is another tight one, Garrycastle have some experience, but Ratoath have some nice players too. I'll go for a narrow win for the Westmeath men.
Finally, I'd imagine Ballyboden should ease past Newtown Blues.

Sarsfields have lost two of their best players since the county final.

Either Éire Óg have come on in leaps and bounds since last year or Sarsfields must have been very poor.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Hound

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 24, 2019, 02:57:25 PM
Mullinavat have reached the Leinster IFC final after defeating Rosenallis of Laois 2-10 to 1-7 yesterday. They now face Mattock Rangers of Louth in the provincial final, scheduled for 7th December.

That's a great story. They beat Ballyboughal the Dublin IFC champs also.

Are they wearing the KK jerseys because of a colour clash or is there another reason? (Must be a nice bonus for them to wear that jersey)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on November 27, 2019, 08:26:19 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 24, 2019, 02:57:25 PM
Mullinavat have reached the Leinster IFC final after defeating Rosenallis of Laois 2-10 to 1-7 yesterday. They now face Mattock Rangers of Louth in the provincial final, scheduled for 7th December.

That's a great story. They beat Ballyboughal the Dublin IFC champs also.

Are they wearing the KK jerseys because of a colour clash or is there another reason? (Must be a nice bonus for them to wear that jersey)

Beating the Dub intermediate champs isn't as much of a shock (though I'm sure the Dub team is still reeling from it) due to the nature of the Dub championship at that level, but winning their last game to get to the final against a true intermediate level team is something else... Kilkenny could no doubt compete better at football but that's their business!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 08, 2019, 01:20:52 AM
Commiserations to Mullinavat on losing out in the Leinster club IFC final, defeated by Louth's Mattock Rangers whom won 1-14 to 0-11 after a strong second half showing. Didn't disgrace themselves by any means from the reports of the game I've read.

P.S. Hound, AFAIK they wore the KK county jersies indeed because of a colour clash.

True, they beat Dublin champs along the way so they have a decent team. Good footballers in KK but they love the small ball!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on December 08, 2019, 09:14:46 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 08, 2019, 01:20:52 AM
Commiserations to Mullinavat on losing out in the Leinster club IFC final, defeated by Louth's Mattock Rangers whom won 1-14 to 0-11 after a strong second half showing. Didn't disgrace themselves by any means from the reports of the game I've read.

P.S. Hound, AFAIK they wore the KK county jersies indeed because of a colour clash.

True, they beat Dublin champs along the way so they have a decent team. Good footballers in KK but they love the small ball!

They beat the 34th best team in the Dublin championship, their best result was the semifinal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

4 minutes gone in leinster club final, must be over 100 hand passes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rudi on December 08, 2019, 02:05:52 PM
4 minutes gone in leinster club final, must be over 100 hand passes.

The wind in horrendous

Rudi

No score for 10 mins, then 3 mighty scores in 90 seconds 

Milltown Row2

Have not got something to wipe the camera? Terrible

Rudi

When is a black card a yellow card

Blowitupref

Low scoring in the Leinster senior final at half time but the poor weather conditions not helping.  Eire Og 0-3 Ballyboden 0-3.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

4 mins to play Éire Óg 0-6 Ballyboden 0-5.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi