Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: Simon Says on March 03, 2011, 01:36:52 PM
Yeah think St Galls and Portglenone are strong favourites for senior and intermediate. What happened to Gort Na Mona?

Gort Na Mona have got themselves a new manager. Liam McGoldrick who worked under PJ and Jody with the county.
New season - new reason

Atticus_Finch

Did he used to manage St Theresa's ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Simon Says

saturday night is on the horizon. any predictions folks?

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Simon Says on March 10, 2011, 08:57:16 AM
saturday night is on the horizon. any predictions folks?
I predict 1-16 Tyrone to 1.11 Antrim and the game will be played on Sunday!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

4father

múinteoirmór

We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

4father

Quote from: múinteoirmór on March 15, 2011, 07:33:38 PM
Quote from: 4father on March 14, 2011, 04:09:41 PM
Lead balloon
Does wit and intelligence annoy you????   ;D

Nope and neither does replies like your one which was neither witty nor intelligent - sorry.  Sad thing to laugh at your own attempts at humour.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: 4father on March 15, 2011, 09:29:10 PM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on March 15, 2011, 07:33:38 PM
Quote from: 4father on March 14, 2011, 04:09:41 PM
Lead balloon
Does wit and intelligence annoy you????   ;D

Nope and neither does replies like your one which was neither witty nor intelligent - sorry.  Sad thing to laugh at your own attempts at humour.
You should lighten up a little and try to get out more!

PeteG

Was anyone at the game today?

I know there are a lot of injuries but I am seriously starting to question Bradleys ability to manage a team.  Fair enough the players did not perform to their ability but when the manager is playing you out of position its very difficult to perform.  Think the majority of the players found themselves in this position today.

Last Man

Sometimes that's county, many's a time a lad would have to play out of his normal comfort zone but sure if he's the standard he should be able. There were some spells in the game where we looked well capable of taking Sligo then we stopped.

Gold

Dunno where to start.

We do well in patches but give away scores much too easily. Whilst we have possession for ages without a score it seemed Sligo could just kick 2 balls forward then someone would just swing a score over--end to end in 4 seconds.

Small crowd and no fight/tempo other than the period when we came back to within 3 (17 to 14). But we then got a free against Johnston for picking the ball off the ground (when we shouldv'e got a free as he was rugby tackled first) and then we stopped and conceded the last 7 scores

Shit crowd there, no atmosphere, a dead county support
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

The supporters won't the game, they can give vocal support but that's about it, wasn't much at the Hurling last week also.

Losing to Sligo has put us back in Div 3. can't blame Supporters/atmosphere for this defeat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

I'm not blameing the supporters (or lack thereof) for the defeat.

Just stating that we're one of the worst supported counties. For all the clubs we have we cant get supporters to go to games. There's barely a whimper from our crowd when our team runs out at beginning of games and at half time--it's been that way for as long as i can remember (bar a few recent champ games when we actually have a bit of support)

As for the game--we dont hit teams--again as far as i remember antrim teams are never physical--suppose that continues from the antrim leagues where so called hard men/teams will hit you a dig in the mouth/ ribs (probably from behind) and slabber all day but rarely if ever 'hit' properly ie bury a man with the shoulder.

Sligo just walked through us upteem times straight through the middle--we'd no imposing men at 6 or wherever who took the initiative to go out and meet a man and bury him.

We've no leaders, look around and the amount of heads down is shocking. The only one i heard shouting come on lads all day was the keeper. Granted shoutin come on lads wont make you a great team but it's clear The team's crying out for leaders to bring them on and unite them
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

imtommygunn

Gold I would unfortunately agree with you here. Antrim have never been physical enough and we don't seem to play like that even from underage through. University football is much tougher than antrim club football and a lack of mcrory never helped in that regard.

It was blatantly obvious against Kildare that physically we come up quite a bit short. The spine to our team needs worked on. CHB is a big worry for me. We don't have anyone to fill it. FB is a bit better but not much.

Leaders is also a problem. Leaders are not men who turn and bitch at people when they hit bad passes. They are men who lead by example. They are lacking at present. Loughrey going at people was how to show leadership. I also thought Kelly's game was very influential and is badly missed.

Wwhere we go from here is hard to say. Donegal are going very well and will be a tough nut to crack. How we handle Michael Murphy is anyones guess - it doesn't seem like anyone in the country can. At the minute hard to be positive but then I guess we were like this the other year before we got to the ulster final...

On the plus side we have a good few to come back yet and it can only get better.