Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Says

Yeah im lookin forward to the game on sunday. If we can get a good result on sunday it could set us for the rest of the campaign.

clarshack

can anyone give directions to ardoynes pitch (from m1 direction)?

culchie11

I think our failing against Derry, was our sweeper system was no as derry ran the ball forward rather than kicking it, therefore taking sweeper out of game. derry kicked short kickouts and our full forward line didnt chase back on numerous times leading to scores for derry.
work-rate needs to be upped by all players and sweeper needs to devised better. the difference between derry breaking out of defence and antrim breaking out was night and day!
derry bursted out at speed with sweeper covering for man carrying ball and antrim dilly dallied with ball coming out, allowing derry half forwards to filter back into defence ready for next counter attack!
took baker ages to catch onto short kickouts!
i hope antrim get right result on sunday but unless these problems are addressed i feel they wont!

Glensman

Any word on Michael Magill?

Is he training with the panel?

aontroim

Quote from: clarshack on February 03, 2011, 10:20:59 AM

What venue are you playing them at clarshack?  They don't play games at their home pitch in Ardoyne - normally play in Mallusk i think - which would mean come up the M2 and take Mallusk exit at top of hill - head for Antrim and Mallusk Playing Fields should be signposted on the left somewhere once you are out past all the industrial units.

pebble-dasher

Never made it to any mc kenna cup games but looking forward to sunday.

Good reports about the new keepers and dean o neill.  Kildare will be a different animal to derry and i would be fearful about them running up a big score.

imtommygunn

Culchie that sweeper system we play didn't work last year so I really hope, for the league at least, we scrap it and go man to man >:(

It's' become predictable and when teams can combat it effectively Baker isn't reacting quick enough.(Baker has brought us on somewhat so I don't want to be critical of him but the one, pretty major, issue I see is his insistence on the sweeper system leading to his lack of HF line).

Personally for Sunday I'd like to see a HF line of McGourty, Niblock and Sweeney and for them to stay there and take on their men. McGourty can rove too but won't be the spare defender.

I think we can beat Kildare. It will be tough though but if we want to stay in this league it's a game we need to win.

Milltown Row2

Need to get a results at home in all the home games to have any chance at staying in this league. To be fair Antrim have caught a lot of teams out early on in the league since Baker came in, that hopefully will continue on Sunday.

Team named yet?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mid Down Gael

Aontroim V Cill Dara

1 Sean O Neill Mac Diabheid
2 Colin Brady Naomh Gall
3 Andy Mc Clean Naomh Gall
4 Kevin O Boyle  Capt Clann na hEireann
5 Tony Scullion Clann na hEireann
6 Justin Crozier Clann na hEireann
7 Dean O Neill Naomh Enda
8 Brendan Herron Lamh Dhearg
9 Aodhan Gallagher Naomh Gall
10 Mark Sweeney Naomh Brid
11 Kevin Mc Gourty Naomh Gall
12 Terry O Neill Naomh Gall
13 Paddy Cunningham Lamh Dhearg
14 Mark Dougan Ciceam Creagan
15 Kevin Niblock Naomh Gall

16 Chris Kerr Naomh Gall
17 Aaron Douglas Naomh Eoin
18 Anto Healy Naomh Gall
19 Sean Finch Ui Dhonnabhain Rosa
20 James Lavery Clann na hEireann
21 Kevin Brady Naomh Eargnaid
22 Conor Murray Lamh Dhearg
23 Michael Mc Cann Clann na hEireann
24 Mark Mc Aleese Mhic Asmaint

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

My first thoughts too MR. Hopefully injured and nothing more to it - you never are too sure with those boys!

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on February 03, 2011, 10:26:18 PM
Aontroim V Cill Dara

1 Sean O Neill Mac Diabheid DIV3
2 Colin Brady Naomh Gall DIV1
3 Andy Mc Clean Naomh Gall DIV1
4 Kevin O Boyle  Capt Clann na hEireann DIV1
5 Tony Scullion Clann na hEireann DIV1
6 Justin Crozier Clann na hEireann DIV1
7 Dean O Neill Naomh Enda
8 Brendan Herron Lamh Dhearg DIV1
9 Aodhan Gallagher Naomh Gall DIV1
10 Mark Sweeney Naomh Brid DIV1
11 Kevin Mc Gourty Naomh Gall DIV1
12 Terry O Neill Naomh Gall DIV1
13 Paddy Cunningham Lamh Dhearg DIV1
14 Mark Dougan Ciceam Creagan DIV1
15 Kevin Niblock Naomh Gall DIV1

16 Chris Kerr Naomh Gall DIV3
17 Aaron Douglas Naomh Eoin DIV1
18 Anto Healy Naomh Gall DIV1
19 Sean Finch Ui Dhonnabhain Rosa DIV2
20 James Lavery Clann na hEireann DIV1
21 Kevin Brady Naomh Eargnaid DIV1
22 Conor Murray Lamh Dhearg DIV1
23 Michael Mc Cann Clann na hEireann DIV1
24 Mark Mc Aleese Mhic Asmaint DIV2

Divison 1 players - 19
Division 2 players - 2
Division 3 players - 2

Plus 1 Tyrone boy
New season - new reason

Simon Says

Irish news states cj is having a hip operation. Big loss, very effective from play.

i agree with going man to man there are boys there who can hold their own with any player in ireland.

im worried about the bench though. Apart from michael mc cann there isnt anyone else who can change the game.

imtommygunn

How is Murray shaping up?

A few years ago he sounded to be a good prospect though doesn't seem to have made the breakthrough.

clarshack

Quote from: aontroim on February 03, 2011, 02:52:27 PM
Quote from: clarshack on February 03, 2011, 10:20:59 AM

What venue are you playing them at clarshack?  They don't play games at their home pitch in Ardoyne - normally play in Mallusk i think - which would mean come up the M2 and take Mallusk exit at top of hill - head for Antrim and Mallusk Playing Fields should be signposted on the left somewhere once you are out past all the industrial units.

wont know venue for sure until tonight but a friend reckons they play on cliftonville road?