Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SambaSaffron

Cargin at 4/1 on PP. Seems like big odds.

imtommygunn

Who are st galls missing from last year?

So Gallagher is gone. Any retirements (wouldn't expect any from the 15)? Kevin McGourty is missing isn't he? Andy McLean?

Cargin's performance last year was diabolical - I would be hoping to see them make a game of it this year but wouldn't be so sure.

Milltown Row2

Rory Gallagher still playing (couldn't transfer as the transfer window closed in Jan) Andy still recovering but outside of that i think they are all here. maybe KMcG but the squad has improved with some good kids getting great experience with the all year training lately ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

aontroim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2010, 09:59:59 PM
Rory Gallagher still playing (couldn't transfer as the transfer window closed in Jan) Andy still recovering but outside of that i think they are all here. maybe KMcG but the squad has improved with some good kids getting great experience with the all year training lately ;)

Where was he trying to transfer to MR - another Antrim club?  There is no transfer window for Inter-County transfers - can go at any time of year.

Milltown Row2

Think he was going to Killybegs, but i'm near sure he couldn't transfer as we were still involved up to March 17th
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

No inter county deadline as was on the hoganstand yesterday, a tipp footballer transfering from Dublin club to a Laois one I think and its expected to go through over the next few days
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Which camp will be more nervous tonight? Not sure of the team yet. CJ could start maybe, but should stay the same. Cargin will be powerful early on i.d say its if they can keep it going. Red cards?

saffron sam2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2010, 02:27:44 PM
Which camp will be more nervous tonight? Not sure of the team yet. CJ could start maybe, but should stay the same starts. Cargin will be powerful early on i.d say its if they can keep it going. Red cards?

Fixed that for you.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Milltown Row2

Ok he will start but i think we are better when strong players come off the bench. Cargin will have a game plan of stopping our halfback line coming forward and attacking down the wings. Michael McCann will be picked up by Aidso so they will cancel each other out, Kelly will mark the young McCann. That will hopefully stop Cargin

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 24, 2010, 10:06:45 PM
My sources tell me that St. Gall's have a big match on Sunday night against An Rinn of Waterford and may be taking it easy tomorrow night.

if we win on Saturday then i'll bring my gear for that match.

Milltown Row2

Milltown Row2

I wont, cant wait to see it myself.

Milltown Row2

Seems that we have a fully fit senior squad available tonight. Both Kevin's trained all week and are up for selection. Still think it will be tight though, point either way.

A lot at stake for our lads, centenary year, All Ireland winners and the bonus of the Sevens title also. Some of the lads down training the kids this morning and they seemed relaxed enough.

imtommygunn

What are the odds MR - you know?

I'd have thought Cargin were 4/1 or 5/1?

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2010, 03:23:52 PM
What are the odds MR - you know?

I'd have thought Cargin were 4/1 or 5/1?

Ladbrokes

St Galls 1/5 Cargin 4/1
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"