Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: Erne Gael on July 03, 2009, 10:27:08 AM
anyone who was at the cargin v st galls game..

how did rory gallagher get on? i still reckon he could do a job with fermanagh 4ward line

He was alright Erne, he started at CHF,  he showed good movement and awareness at times.  Could be mistaken but i think he scored a couple of frees.  Unfair to judge him on the basis of a league game that didn't seem to be taken all that seriously, but overall he didn't stand out.

But yeah he could be worth a shout in that current Fermanagh team

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

clarshack

in antrim if 2 teams have a clash of colours - who is obliged to wear their away strip? is it the home or away team?
is there a rule set in stone or just a gentlemans agreement?

milltown row

having clashed with a few clubs the unwritten rule is the home team wear the away rig!!! only in Ireland would you get the home team in away jersey's

Atticus_Finch

Random queston ... When does Belfast become part of County Down ??

I know that Bredagh is a county down club, it's based around upper ormeau so is it once you cross the ormeau bridge that you are in County Down ?

milltown row

Down clubs are separated from Antrim by the River Lagan.

Atticus_Finch

Cheers Milltown.

If Tyrone managed to get lucky and put the Saffrons out ... and i do emphasise the word 'IF' ... whose scalp out of the below would ya fancy ???

1. Down v Laois
2. Monaghan v Derry
3. Longford v Kerry
4. Wexford v Roscommon
5. Tipperary v Sligo
6. Donegal v Clare
7. Westmeath v Meath
8. Wicklow v Cavan

imtommygunn

1,4, 5 or 8.

There's nothing that frightening, Kerry aside, in that draw.

Probably best to avoid derry or monaghan too.

That is IF...

Truly uninspiring draw there it has to be said. Derry Monaghan has the potential to be the worst game of football ever.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on July 05, 2009, 08:57:29 PM
There will also be Limerick, Dublin/Kildare and Galway/Mayo.

What the fcuk are you talking about?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Atticus_Finch

Could be wrong, but i don't think so hardstation. Think the defeated finalists have to play the winners of round 2 of the qualifiers.

Archie Mitchell

The round 2 qualifer winners, 8 of them, then play each other in round 3 of the qualifers to leave 4 teams. These 4 teams then will play the losers of the provincial finals and the winners will be in the quarter finals.

ONeill

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on July 05, 2009, 09:14:13 PM
Could be wrong, but i don't think so hardstation. Think the defeated finalists have to play the winners of round 2 of the qualifiers.

What the fcuk are you on about too? So there are 8 provinces now? Jaysus lads if you've any notions of sharing a pint with us in a fortnight, brush up on the oul Games will yiz. Will ye be staying about for the presentation?

I hear Mickey Harte made two pages of notes during the Antrim/Cavan game. I think he was ghost-writing Dooher's speech.

Atticus_Finch

Just after watching a few of your most talented boys on RTE 2, Mossy Mc Cann and Niall Mc Keever on that OZ Factor show.  

I was heartened by the absence of Sean Mc Greevy, i'm assuming he told that Ricky Nixon c**t where to go !

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: ONeill on July 05, 2009, 09:31:35 PM

What the fcuk are you on about too? So there are 8 provinces now? Jaysus lads if you've any notions of sharing a pint with us in a fortnight, brush up on the oul Games will yiz. Will ye be staying about for the presentation?

I hear Mickey Harte made two pages of notes during the Antrim/Cavan game. I think he was ghost-writing Dooher's speech.

Made a mistake ONeill and i was duly corrected by Archie,  i blame the back to work blues i get on a sunday evening, it stop's me thinking straight.  But still,  I take comfort that you'll be feeling a lot worse on the evening sunday the 19th of July.  The Baker will have rustled up something extra-special for you arrogant pricks and i for one hope ya's choke !   :-*

ONeill

Gonna be some sight with 15000 Antrim fans each buying a big bap and crisps as a filler. Great craic shouting 'hi Smicker' and seeing 4000 turning around. Hope it's a hot day. Thon shell suits will be fairly tested. 

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: ONeill on July 05, 2009, 09:31:35 PM

O'Neill your hubris is entertaining. If you'd spent less time proof-reading Dooher's speech and more time "brushing up on the oul Games" yerself...
Provincial losers go into Round Four of the qualifiers against the four winners from Round Three which is the eight winners from Round 2 playing off against each other:
http://www.gaa.ie/page/gaa_football_championship_2009.html

Could be an important bit of detail for you  ;)

Antrim 3-6
Tyrone 1-11