Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davincicode

To true MR, well said, i hope it does,nt rebound on you. "Lamb to the Slaughter", and all that. Watch your back.

theskull1

Quote from: davincicode on November 28, 2008, 12:56:01 PM
Skull, unfortunately my job does not allow me the freedom to post on a more regular basis,unlike yourself and others, thats life as they say. I happen to life and work in Antrim, the job involves a lot of travelling and a lot of meetings but heh it pays well. I probably go to more games than a lot of contributors when opportunity arises.

These contributors seem to have been banned for use of foul language, aggressive behaviour etc etc and then i assume the moderaterator deals with them in the appropriate way, however i notice that he seems to be selective in his targets? Some other people seem to get away with it, which kind of makes you think??? Who are the moderators? If you don,t give a F*** then name yourself and stand proud. Looking back you did seem to have a problem with the ASSESSOR and he got the door so to speak.

Jesus it doesn't take much to rattle your cage  :o
I was simply pointing out to you aspects of your post which didn't tie up/lacked consistency. You acknowledge the board suffered as a results of boys like Assessor coming on and ranting/attacking rather than debating (which yes I and the vast majoroty of people who contribute  ;) did have a problem with) , but you were/are?? one of those people who welcomed his "style" (or lack of style) at the time. You can't have it both ways?
My point about you "contributing" was simply factual based on 2-3 posts per mth average which I don't believe constitutes "really contributing" to the converstaion flow of the board. It was not in any way an attack.
My statement about not worrying if my cover is blown again is simply stating that what I say hear does not contradict what I believe, so it does not concern me. But sometimes opinions hidden behind the cloak of anonymity/views of the masses is not a bad thing, so if you don't mind I'd rather not shout from the rooftops just yet.  

If you can point out to me how the mods have been selective in their targets I'll fight with you to ensure you get the consistency you believe is not there at present. What do you say?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

davincicode

Skull, at the time it seemed like a bit of Crack, yes they went to far very quickly, it was different and truth be told we have all egged on people in a lifetime who have been a bit of a fool! The job pulls me all over Europe at times, i don,t get the chance as i said, however for this specific reason i feel that i cannot contribute to extent of you local lads, after all I'm from the capital city, its not my place so to speak, blow in and all that. Altough i think MR does,nt believe me ;)

We all feel comfortable with the board, i just feel that regular contributors took the bait, and MR could suffer because of this. We have a bit of crack as i said, but recently i feel that some contributors have gone too far, which attracts the head bangers, everyone gets involved the stakes rise and one balloon focuses on MR and now his county officials probably know who he is, and his contributions in the future to antrim may suffer in additional roles that he is taking on i.e. Refereeing.

Your County Chairman is a very resourceful man, as are some of his officers. I think senior members of the board like yourself MR, Minder do have have a responsibility to try to keep it real as the say and not get drawn in, as minder seems to have been this morning!

milltown row

Quote from: davincicode on November 28, 2008, 01:55:18 PM
Skull, at the time it seemed like a bit of Crack, yes they went to far very quickly, it was different and truth be told we have all egged on people in a lifetime who have been a bit of a fool! The job pulls me all over Europe at times, i don,t get the chance as i said, however for this specific reason i feel that i cannot contribute to extent of you local lads, after all I'm from the capital city, its not my place so to speak, blow in and all that. Altough i think MR does,nt believe me ;)

We all feel comfortable with the board, i just feel that regular contributors took the bait, and MR could suffer because of this. We have a bit of crack as i said, but recently i feel that some contributors have gone too far, which attracts the head bangers, everyone gets involved the stakes rise and one balloon focuses on MR and now his county officials probably know who he is, and his contributions in the future to antrim may suffer in additional roles that he is taking on i.e. Refereeing.

Your County Chairman is a very resourceful man, as are some of his officers. I think senior members of the board like yourself MR, Minder do have have a responsibility to try to keep it real as the say and not get drawn in, as minder seems to have been this morning!

The boards a fantasy really, they need to chill. If I were not to referee again because of things I haven't said then their loss, I've plenty of things to get on with within my club, still playing, coaching and managing the reserves!!!! i've no aspirations to become Dickie Murphy

As for the chairman being resourceful??? Can I be shot because of my comments about Gaa matters? I'll get cancer if I were to stand beside him, maybe that's his plan. If county officials are getting their knickers in a twist over posts on this site then they have far too much team on their hands. Must have been the photo of the Awards night I put in that rattled someone or the post about Lamhs becoming a junior club. Will have to watch myself outside Thompson's.

theskull1

Well your second last post shows it doesn't take much to get you riled either davinci. Imagine having to deal with the bile that Assessor et al were spewing.

We can all be caught with a short fuse from time to time  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

Administrator, in response to Noamh Gall, i would be quite confident that i am contributing more to antrim, now that i know who you are, and the club that you are a member of. ????? The County officers are right, this board should be sanctioned immediatly, taking free shots, now some of us know who you really are! You and other members of this board should apologise to all the people that you have offended and wrap it up!

this guy should get on CSI, I'm struggling to find out this club "Noamh Gall" 

the hardstation was on again

imtommygunn

I once posted on there that they should vet the posts. That crap shouldn't be allowed.

You and skull seem to have ruffled some feathers though milltown - it's quite amusing. I wonder what age these people are replying - anything from 12 - 17 / 18 I'd guess.

playwiththewind1st

Personally, I have to say that I read the stuff on this site because I'm more interested in a good debate about Antrim GAA matters in general & don't really give a toss about individuals / personalities as such. If I disagree with someone, that's my problem, but they have a right to express a view, as long as they do it in a constructive manner. This Antrim thread is becoming clogged up with who said what when about whom & it's taking away from the obvious concerns that people have about key issues & the feeling that they don't really have an ability to influence opinion elsewhere. No doubt people more qualified than me can make wiser comments & I'll look forward to reading that, w/o having to wade through a load of personalised stuff. Just my opinion.........now fears for his future lol.

lynchbhoy

yous are lucky that theres no division 5 in the intercounty NFL!
>:(

milltown row

lynchbhoy

Quote from: milltown row on December 01, 2008, 06:02:58 PM
if there was, we'd win it ;)
well you would in 2010 !  ;)

are the gestapo now after me too ?
:o

Gold

Just read St John's yearbook produced by Raph Gatt for their AGM last weekend. Its well worth lookin at and the amount of club games(all levels) Raph attends and work he puts in is unreal--many people in many clubs do such work but in many clubs its too few people who carry this workload.

Its interesting that Raph talks about the apathy that has led to the club not being able to field a 2nd team despite the team being in Div 3--a few years ago the Johnnies reserves were at the top of Div 2 and pushing for promotion to Div 1

Johnnies juvenile teams seem to be going well but their senior team when i saw them this year had too many slabbers--boys moaning at each other and referees, hittin dirty slaps--its sad to think that at the start of the decade they had a proper hard but fair team and that now its the opposite

They were lucky to stay up but now might turn the corner and rise again
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

toiletroller

is there a guy Ciaran Anderson that still plays for st Johns? Would have been a minor in the late 90's?

saffron sam2

Quote from: Gold on December 02, 2008, 02:16:09 PM
Just read St John's yearbook produced by Raph Gatt for their AGM last weekend. Its well worth lookin at and the amount of club games(all levels) Raph attends and work he puts in is unreal--many people in many clubs do such work but in many clubs its too few people who carry this workload.

Its interesting that Raph talks about the apathy that has led to the club not being able to field a 2nd team despite the team being in Div 3--a few years ago the Johnnies reserves were at the top of Div 2 and pushing for promotion to Div 1

Johnnies juvenile teams seem to be going well but their senior team when i saw them this year had too many slabbers--boys moaning at each other and referees, hittin dirty slaps--its sad to think that at the start of the decade they had a proper hard but fair team and that now its the opposite

They were lucky to stay up but now might turn the corner and rise again

You're on the wind up. Raph Gatt, is that a real name?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

PlayWithTheWind

Antrims 2009 Mc Kenna Cup Panel includes 12 players who came through the recent trials,34 players are currentyly in the panel, 4 of whom will be on duty with their respective universitys.

David Mc Alernon Aghagallon
Neil O Connell Ahoghill
Donal Graham Ahoghill
Tony Scullion Cargin
Kieron Close Cargin
Michael Mc Cann Cargin
Thomas Mc Cann Cargin
Kevin O Boyle Cargin
Conor Creaney Glenavey
Paul Conlon Gortnamona
John Finucane Lamh Dhearg
Paddy Cunningham Lamh Dhearg