Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loughshore lad

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 13, 2008, 08:43:37 AM

Anyhow, Butterknife tells me that, despite an outright denial by the county chairman at a recent county board meeting, Baker is allegedly being handsome rewarded for his managerial "talents". It seems that a father - son combination, each with a much more impressive CV than Bradley, would have been available for roughly half what the fabulous Baker boy is getting. I may have been critical of the father's track record in the past, but he would be a massive step up from what we landed ourselves with.

Shame on you, Dr McSparran.

I dont think so somehow!

saffron sam2

Quote from: loughshore lad on November 13, 2008, 08:39:24 PM

Anyhow, Butterknife tells me that, despite an outright denial by the county chairman at a recent county board meeting, Baker is allegedly being handsome rewarded for his managerial "talents". It seems that a father - son combination, each with a much more impressive CV than Bradley, would have been available for roughly half what the fabulous Baker boy is getting. I may have been critical of the father's track record in the past, but he would be a massive step up from what we landed ourselves with.

I dont think so somehow!

No, I am serious. Both the father and son have more impressive CVs than Bradley. As do most fathers and their sons.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

loughshore lad

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 13, 2008, 08:46:15 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on November 13, 2008, 08:39:24 PM

I dont think so somehow!

No, I am serious. Both the father and son have more impressive CVs than Bradley. As do most fathers and their sons.

I am well aware that both the father and son to whom you are referring have much, much better CV's than Baker.  I was indicating more to the point that the combination you were referring to would not have been available to Antrim.

milltown row

saffron sam2

The McGourtys? Who else could handle our Kevin and get our Kieran to commit?

I think I know who you are referring to though. Your name gives it away.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

milltown row

do ya think kevin will be playing for Antrim next year

aroundincircles

how many mcgourtys are there

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

milltown row

talented family, two ladies and three lads. all Gaels

thought you were a mate O'Neill? you know seeing you work with him ;)

aroundincircles

mcgourty senior must have an idea all the same.

the colonel

the difference between success and failure is energy

aroundincircles

would of thought they are a decent gaa family all the same are they all brothers and sisters??

toiletroller

just lookin in on your thread cause the derry one is so shite at the minute... Im i reading correctly between the lines here that Sean Mc Gourtyy and one of his  sons were harbouring ambitions in taking Antrim?? Maybe im totally off the radar, but Kevin has been getting plenty of management experience with all the ladies teams hes been involved with ( on a strictly professional level too  ;) )

Minder

Why will Shaws Road not be playing for Antrim this year?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

heard a rumour he was going to play for down...
the difference between success and failure is energy