Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSC

"and the un-official showdown between young mc larnon and young fleming"

What's the full story?

Glensman

Not sure if you're joking or not slow corner back:

http://www.downgaa.net/downgaa/football/county/news/2003/mccartancharged_assault_downdemocrat.htm.

Galls beat Cargin
Johnnie beat St Pauls (Johnnies hitting form at right time)
Lamh Dhearg beat Brigids

stiffler

Scores per antrimgaa website:

St. Brigids  0-12 1-13 Lamh Dhearg   
Cargin  1-14 2-8 St. Galls   
St. Johns  0-10 0-5 St. Pauls 
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Glensman

Apologies. I even read the result, knew it and then wrote the wrong thing down. Maybe force of habit.

Certainly throws the cat among the pigeons.

Can you imagine McCartan and Sheeny going toe to toe.

milltown row

was not at the match last night, minors needed a challenge game in prep for the Rossa championship game.

i hear that Cargin scored a goal very late on to win the match. hopefully that will jolt them after Sundays excuse of a game (no offence any portglenone posters)

Yes I Would

Quote from: hardstation on August 14, 2008, 11:01:57 PM
I heard a wee rumour that Sean Fleming will be the Rossa manager next year. Take from that what you want.....

May be hearsay.

Are they even still together??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVAmuWvKhIs

robertemmet

Is that Sean Fleming that was in charge of Antrim Minors this year?

milkman mk II

many games called off at the weekend?

bannside

May the spirit, passion, and enthusiasm of Paddy O Hara be remembered tomorrow, Wed am, as a true Antrim great is laid to rest.
As a player, a coach and manager, a journalist, an ambassador, a gael, and a person, Paddy O Hara had few equals. May he rest in peace.

BallyhaiseMan

Lads
It seems Jody Gormley is one of the top candidates for the Cavan Jobs,
Anytime ive read this thread,the opinions on him werent overly positive(thats saying it in a nice way)
whats the opinion on him now hes gone after winning the TM Cup???

Gold

Quote from: Yes I Would on August 14, 2008, 11:13:53 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 14, 2008, 11:01:57 PM
I heard a wee rumour that Sean Fleming will be the Rossa manager next year. Take from that what you want.....

May be hearsay.

Are they even still together??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVAmuWvKhIs

magic!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Lecale2

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 21, 2008, 07:14:11 PM
Lads
Anytime ive read this thread,the opinions on him werent overly positive(thats saying it in a nice way)

A sad loss to Antrim football. You guys should snap him up before someone else does.

Larry Duff

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 21, 2008, 07:14:11 PM
Lads

I think he would be the perfect man for the job. Despite some varying results he is a very capable manager at this level.

I take it managers job he's being linked with is at St Patrick's College, Cavan  ;)

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: bannside on August 19, 2008, 09:51:17 PM
May the spirit, passion, and enthusiasm of Paddy O Hara be remembered tomorrow, Wed am, as a true Antrim great is laid to rest.
As a player, a coach and manager, a journalist, an ambassador, a gael, and a person, Paddy O Hara had few equals. May he rest in peace.

surprised there wasn't more talk about this man on this thread. One of the truely great men of Antrim and football in general. He did an awful lot for the game both on the field and off it. RIP.

bannside

When you think he managed six different ulster counties, in the days when it really would have been for the love of the game! They dont make them like that any more, thats for sure. A unique man in many ways. Way ahead of his time.