Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

great clubman that i am, i left with 15 mins to go :P Cork v Kilkenny seemed a better choice, glad i did, a serious rain shower came after i left

imtommygunn

There are only really two good club teams in Antrim skull who can really play football so to be honest in most other cases you're not going to get a good game.

Rasharkin are improving a lot in the hurling too - seem to be putting a lot more effort in. Sure if they'd young Doherty too they'd be a lot better ;-)

saffron sam2

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2008, 08:50:08 PM
Always thought Kieran had more between the ears than the others. A tidy, intelligent footballers. Glenavy the new Kerry.

Kieran seems to be more like the Harbinsons. The other two take after their da.

Quote from: milltown row on August 11, 2008, 09:46:40 AM
Watched some of the Rossa, Glenavy game, Colly McAllister seems to have Glenavy playing good football.

So that's who the self-styled 'miracle worker' is managing this year.

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

culchy1

was anyone at the st pauls versus gorts match at weekend?
did anyone hear why barry burns was sent off, was it straight red ?

big loss for them if it was.

gallsman

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2008, 05:39:56 PM
Quote from: culchy1 on August 12, 2008, 10:20:38 AM
was anyone at the st pauls versus gorts match at weekend?
did anyone hear why barry burns was sent off, was it straight red ?

big loss for them if it was.
"Off the ball incident" "Got his marching orders" "Gort na Mona's Colm Keenan received a yellow for his involvement"

Ah, good to see Keeny has carried his, how can I put this, "confrontational" attitude on to senior level.

milkman mk II

interesting tie in for glenavy in next round for glenavy in next round of intermediate championship, moneyglass! top and bottom of division 2! seen a bit of their match before galls match, look a decent outfit!

galls destroyed portglenone, just didnt show up!

what do people think of the two possible contenders for antrim managers position mentioned in irish news? madden and rafferty!
personally i wud be happy with either!

ONeill

Quote from: milkman mk II on August 12, 2008, 06:59:02 PM
interesting tie in for glenavy in next round for glenavy in next round of intermediate championship, moneyglass! top and bottom of division 2!

Surely top 2?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2008, 08:27:32 PM
Heard a big cheer after that. Not sure what it was.

Saffron Sam paid for a round.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

fred the red

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2008, 08:27:32 PM
Heard a big cheer after that. Not sure what it was.

News broke that Brian White is on the verge of taking over the toughest job in ulster football once again.

Glensman

Cargin v St Galls tonight...will either team show their hand before the inevitable championship meet?

milltown row

Cargin will as usual go flat out against us tonight down there. setting a marker for the Championship (if we beat the the Johnnies) i'd say St Galls will play a full strength team.

Glensman

Looking forward to a full report tomorrow Milltown!

How is McCartan being received within the club, spicing things up?

slow corner back

Why would McCartan have an issue with westmeath?

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2008, 04:02:27 PM
I hear a St.Gall's player (not sure who) turned up for training wearing a Westmeath jersey and McCartan chinned him. Any truth, milltown?

that was bit below the chin...I mean belt.

bannside

If I thought that Cargin and St Galls would go at each other full pelt tonight I would go to the game. Mc Cartan will want to set down his own marker, and Sheeny wont want shown up on home soil, so could be worth the admittance money.

Was at casement for the minor semis, and the un-official showdown between young mc larnon and young fleming, a very interesting side affair.

Creggan and Cargin the making of a good final.