Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Link on September 11, 2023, 10:55:17 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on September 11, 2023, 09:04:22 PM

Of course the Downeys are talented lads but as to carrying the Musgrave men to a county title anytime soon.
As for Lavey replacing Glen top of the pops in Derry anytime soon  if that to happen are Bellaghy, Newbridge, etc coming to Antrim.

The Biddies never came close to a senior in our county and are these young lads gonna carry them over the line

Football to be played yet and I am sure Cargin are not about to abdicate......

Not ahead of Lavey anytime soon.

A good start for Lavey would be being in Divison 1...

Saffrongael

Who are the favourites for the minor championship ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 12, 2023, 09:02:24 AM
Who are the favourites for the minor championship ?

By looking at the league it looks to be a 2 horse race between St Pauls and St Bridgets.

With one of them horses out...

InnocentByStander

I See on the county website there's fixtures down for u19 Championship tomorrow night, will these go ahead?

country bumpkin

Quote from: InnocentByStander on September 12, 2023, 09:16:32 AM
I See on the county website there's fixtures down for u19 Championship tomorrow night, will these go ahead?

Did the u-19 league proceed...
Cargin played one game therein and never experienced another game.....
So hugely doubtful.....

Link

Quote from: InnocentByStander on September 12, 2023, 08:48:29 AM

Of course the Downeys are talented lads but as to carrying the Musgrave men to a county title anytime soon.
As for Lavey replacing Glen top of the pops in Derry anytime soon  if that to happen are Bellaghy, Newbridge, etc coming to Antrim.

The Biddies never came close to a senior in our county and are these young lads gonna carry them over the line

leagues are for playing in...

look how the league winners got on against their neighbours.

Sportacus

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 12, 2023, 10:12:06 AM
Quote from: InnocentByStander on September 12, 2023, 09:16:32 AM

Did the u-19 league proceed...
Cargin played one game therein and never experienced another game.....
So hugely doubtful.....
Too little too late for the lads aged 18 who missed a year at minor this year.  Most of them left twiddling their thumbs and slipping away from football.  A horrendous decision by the county to switch to U17.

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Link on September 12, 2023, 10:39:15 AM

But leagues also determine championship unless anything drastic happens Lavey are an intermediate team next year.
Be doing well to challenge Glen from there  :-X

jmcgdoire

Quote from: InnocentByStander on September 12, 2023, 11:23:59 AM

But leagues also determine championship unless anything drastic happens Lavey are an intermediate team next year.

No. Im pretty sure that league and championship are now separate in derry. Lavey will still be playing senior championship next year unless they finish bottom of there group and lose championship relegation play off.
And I agree: leagues are for playing in. Dublin did fine this year playing in the second division. anyway. Downey boys or not. Lavey werent winning a championship this year nor next

Link

anything drastic? like the rules already in place?

lavey will be a senior championship team next year.

I'm not saying they are going to challenge Glen. IMO no-one will for a few years but lavey are in a much better place than those clubs you mentioned.
back to back reserve wins + very good u15 / u17 teams.

Newbridge have a number of quality players but they won't improve.

NAG1

Think I opened the Derry thread here  ::)

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Link on September 12, 2023, 11:37:07 AM

anything drastic? like the rules already in place?

lavey will be a senior championship team next year.

I'm not saying they are going to challenge Glen. IMO no-one will for a few years but lavey are in a much better place than those clubs you mentioned.
back to back reserve wins + very good u15 / u17 teams.

Newbridge have a number of quality players but they won't improve.

I mentioned no one just know it wont be Lavey if anyone soon its going to be Mfelt.

Sorry i forgot about them rules acctually i must eat my words.

Link

Agree, Rossa very well placed. I'd like to see them draw slaughtneil this season in a semi final.

Sorry for hijacking the antrim thread lads  :D

quit yo jibbajabba

Id just like to reiterate that my point was that with the Downey's Lavey were best placed to challenge Glen along with M'felt over the next few years, not that they'd actually do it. Same time Glen won't last for ever as we all know. I too would like to apologize for the derailment and will be making no further comment on the matter 😀

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 12, 2023, 12:35:43 PM
Id just like to reiterate that my point was that with the Downey's Lavey were best placed to challenge Glen along with M'felt over the next few years, not that they'd actually do it. Same time Glen won't last for ever as we all know. I too would like to apologize for the derailment and will be making no further comment on the matter 😀

Yes, this was the original point. IF lavey had stayed together they were going to challenge. And like most of Derry, im not too dissapointed.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012