Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would ye whist

CB, can you please confirm what 'out of approved date' means?

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 21, 2023, 10:03:38 AM
Just heard that Cargin under 15 team following a long double round season and having finished top of the league have been informed that points for their last game were not awarded.
The CCC have informed last game which was postponed twice by their opposition and refixed with approval(CCC) appointed referee (Brendan Mc Polin) was 'out of approved date' despite the fact ref was appointed.....u

Was a bad day for the S West division when juvenile competitions were to be on all county basis....

erinsboy

So that's 2 years in a row Cargin U15 have been shafted !!

breakingball

There is a cut of date for league fixtures to be completed.

Too many refixes and half them never get played.

Quote from: Would ye whist on August 21, 2023, 10:06:31 AM

Just heard that Cargin under 15 team following a long double round season and having finished top of the league have been informed that points for their last game were not awarded.
The CCC have informed last game which was postponed twice by their opposition and refixed with approval(CCC) appointed referee (Brendan Mc Polin) was 'out of approved date' despite the fact ref was appointed.....u

Was a bad day for the S West division when juvenile competitions were to be on all county basis....

Ghost+Tommy

😂I'm glad we've R Matthews reffing our game in the cesspit Saturday evening,he won't take any shit from Lynch and Murray trying to ref it,also glad it's not Granda Murray and the grandson making a bollocks off it 😂

country bumpkin

Quote from: Would ye whist on August 21, 2023, 10:06:31 AM

Cut off date....Cargin's last game postponed postponed at request of opposition twice....CCC agreed to re-fix and appointed official referee.......Cargin won to go top...and these are kids who are ferried all over the county .....such never occurred when S West fixed in superbly organised juvenile leagues.......

barnish oggie

Ref: U15

Aldergrove still have a game to play as well, so surely if Cargin got the points from that last game, then they would be entitled to get the points from their final game.

I would have a sneaking suspicion Creggan might not take the field against them if it meant their neighbours lost the league!

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 21, 2023, 11:41:41 AM
Though we have had recent complaints on here about how SW has handled the Laverty Cup.

And while I agree that games should get played, it doesn't appear to be an out and out shafting for Cargin as you are painting it. The team at the top of the league also have an outstanding fixture. It would be only fair that they get to play that if the Cargin v Rasharkin result stands.

Edit: barnish oggie beat me to it.
Please read my original comment and forget any bias...

The CCC approved the fixture in question as per their fixtures board and appointed a Belfast based referee who duly arrived in Toome.....

Wonder will the afore mentioned official receive his due match fee....???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 21, 2023, 02:22:23 PM
Though we have had recent complaints on here about how SW has handled the Laverty Cup.

And while I agree that games should get played, it doesn't appear to be an out and out shafting for Cargin as you are painting it. The team at the top of the league also have an outstanding fixture. It would be only fair that they get to play that if the Cargin v Rasharkin result stands.

The CCC approved the fixture in question as per their fixtures board and appointed a Belfast based referee who duly arrived in Toome.....

He'll get no match fee, as no match was played, he will get fuel cover for driving up and the annoyance of not being notified that that game was called off by whoever
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2023, 02:33:17 PM

He'll get no match fee, as no match was played, he will get fuel cover for driving up and the annoyance of not being notified that that game was called off by whoever

getting a bit confusing this, the match WAS played

there are 2 matches fixed for Wed evening in toome against Creggan, reserve cship semi and u17 league
I know there are 2 pitches and its possible but is it happening ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

Match was not called off with Cargin winning .

Another question is if any transgression of rule had occurred by players or official would offenders have escaped penalty or penalties due.....
As I mentioned game announced via Fixtures board on notice board ....

No notice of cancellation received by either club and obviously Brendan Mc Polin.....

Go ahead......

Milltown Row2

Should I bother heading down on Wed night? and why is the home fixture Creggan with the game at Cargin?

And trust me any transgressions will be duly noted by players officials or randomers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2023, 03:01:00 PM
Should I bother heading down on Wed night? and why is the home fixture Creggan with the game at Cargin?

And trust me any transgressions will be duly noted by players officials or randomers

website fixtures have been like that recently, first named team you'd assume are at home, but when you click venue its at the ground of the 2nd team mentioned !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 21, 2023, 03:05:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2023, 03:01:00 PM

website fixtures have been like that recently, first named team you'd assume are at home, but when you click venue its at the ground of the 2nd team mentioned !!

The program for giving out games and notifications for the ref's has been playing up also.

You get asked to do a game, its a Y or a N and before the game you'll get a reminder a few hours beforehand and after the game a message asking for the score, great system, when it works lol!

This is new with the different venues, sometimes the game was played at another pitch in the first set of games and this is returned back, but on the website it stays the same

barnish oggie

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 21, 2023, 02:54:58 PM

Match was not called off with Cargin winning .

Another question is if any transgression of rule had occurred by players or official would offenders have escaped penalty or penalties due.....
As I mentioned game announced via Fixtures board on notice board ....

No notice of cancellation received by either club and obviously Brendan Mc Polin.....

Go ahead......

That is different.

So the U15 game went ahead on Wednesday with Cargin winning?

I would have thought seeing as the fixture is on the website and if an official ref turned up and did the game, then surely his reporting of the score would have been sufficient and you would be given the points.

I do know that there was a date given out to all clubs to have their games played by, which was prior to 15th, but then the county shouldn't have the fixture up on the website at all.

And still, Aldergrove should be given the chance to play their final game as well.

The thing is, if Dunloy hadn't had the hurling, they would have won that league anyway.

The best team in it but they lost a few fixtures by resting players for the hurling.

barnish oggie

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 21, 2023, 03:38:43 PM

I fully understand your original post.

The point is that Cargin & Aldergrove should be afforded the opportunity to play the same amount of fixtures.
I have no issues with the Cargin v Rasharkin result being recognised but that would mean that Cargin played one more game than Aldergrove.
To make it fair, the Aldergrove v Creggan game would have to go ahead.

For the record, I am not approaching this with any bias. I'm not convinced the same can be said of you however.

Last year Cargin didn't play the same number of games as Creggan and that cost them the league.

Once the date passed, no other fixtures were allowed to be played.