Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Wasn't cargins HT total 3-0 ?
Strange score
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

Not boys a dear EOC..not by a long stretch! I will enjoy tonight as well as anyone but still scratching my head at how certain players were overlooked by previous. Players who a year later are running the show.

Is it not OK to say that? Yes/No?

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on June 18, 2023, 08:34:02 PM
Not boys a dear EOC..not by a long stretch! I will enjoy tonight as well as anyone but still scratching my head at how certain players were overlooked by previous. Players who a year later are running the show.

You've a personal issue there you'd be better letting go of BS, be positive.

country bumpkin

EOC1923

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 18, 2023, 08:31:31 PM
Wasn't cargins HT total 3-0 ?
Strange score
Aye hard to explain that, we prob only had one other chance at a point that hit the post in 1st half. Aghagallon missing their 2 marquee fwds of course but we still happy to come away with the points as we were down to 14 for 3/4 of the game.

imtommygunn

Bs you should move on tbh. We'd a great result today again. Focus on the positives- it's what you always seem to do except when emcg is involved!!

bannside

Took a look at the league table there and surely that's some kind of history taking place with top 5 positions filled by SW clubs.

Credit to hard work going on in rural parishes. That Ahoghill will finish ahead of St Brigids is in itself an amazing statistic...a club made up by about a dozen families.

Crazy times!!!

imtommygunn

My da was saying exactly that to me today.

Looks like Rossa and randalstown in trouble.

Ballymena draw and Glenravel win in two makes it interesting too

bannside

I'm trying ITG, trust me. Going in the right direction makes that a bit easier.

Belfast GAA man

No bus from cargin going down id say. . Sulkers

country bumpkin

Have known, and was friendly with a long list of lads who took up the challenge of managing the Saffrons for a long time now and have yet to pass comment on lack of success thereon. To a man they all gave of their best in the Antrim cause and negativity thrown after departure is uncalled for.

With the exception of one 'success' has eluded us/them for a long, long time....

Indeed I believe some within did their best in club management with limited success..

Stark facts are clubs are not productive in our county  and we can only gaze across the river and acknowledge our failings.

EOC1923

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on June 18, 2023, 08:54:34 PM
No bus from cargin going down id say. . Sulkers
We'll go down surely and support 2 of our young players who are part of the panel, you hate that don't you Belfast GAA man

bannside

Good stuff EOC. Two good lads they are. And SON in or around it next year too, maybe others...doors open for any young player making progress, the way it should be.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on June 18, 2023, 09:05:03 PM
Good stuff EOC. Two good lads they are. And SON in or around it next year too, maybe others...doors open for any young player making progress, the way it should be.
Not sure he will, treated terribly and like a spare part by AMcE, but that's the choice you get when you become manager, you can pick who you want. The way it should be

geezer

Great win today. Its been a positive season however further the team goes. Hopefully can get the likes of mckeever, delargy, johnston brothers etc to buy into it next year and really kick on with the strongest squad possible.