Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaffgael

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 08, 2023, 08:49:48 PM
Woeful performance after an abysmal league campaign. Worst manager we've had since Dawson and one of the worst Antrim panels I've seen. 1 win over an already promoted unmotivated Cavan side to scrap survival, some of use clowns on this message board need to stop with toxic positivey because it would put your head away.

For the craic can you say who should be playing that isn't there? The talent ain't just there

realisticsaff

Quote from: asaffgael on April 09, 2023, 03:02:18 AM
Quote from: realisticsaff on April 08, 2023, 08:49:48 PM
Woeful performance after an abysmal league campaign. Worst manager we've had since Dawson and one of the worst Antrim panels I've seen. 1 win over an already promoted unmotivated Cavan side to scrap survival, some of use clowns on this message board need to stop with toxic positivey because it would put your head away.

For the craic can you say who should be playing that isn't there? The talent ain't just there

The talent is there too put in a way better performance than yesterday's nonsense and the utter nonsense we've seen all year. Disaster of an appointment, 80% lose ratio in all competitions this year,
the guy literally said he never wanted to manage another county a few weeks before he was confirmed as Antrim manager I wonder what convinced him 💰, without embarrassing lads everyone can see who isnt anywhere the standard and theres alot, but that's the problem when you appoint someone who hasn't a notion about our club scene.
Most people I chat too are just apathetic and fed up towards the county now and couldn't give a toss, the attendances were absolutely shocking for both codes in the league at Corrigan and any wonder top dollar for pure mock year in year out takes its toll on people.

Milltown Row2

So you're not going to say who should be playing that isn't there?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2023, 08:59:00 AM

Well, young player of the year 2022 Sean O' Neill has been superb for Cargin all year, outstanding wing back is, in my bubble opinion worth a place.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 09, 2023, 09:47:17 AM

Well, young player of the year 2022 Sean O' Neill has been superb for Cargin all year, outstanding wing back is, in my bubble opinion worth a place.....

Not doubting that CB, that wasn't the question though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2023, 09:54:14 AM

Not doubting that CB, that wasn't the question though
You asked who should be playing that wasn't, Sean ONeill is one for definite. Just hope his confidence hasn't been knocked too much by his treatment.  Don't want to be too personal but truthfully Jack Dowling and McLarnon from St Paul's would be reserve players in Cargin, Creggan, Portglenone and Aghagallon.

Kidder81

So basically fill the team with Cargin players and we would have beaten Armagh ?

realisticsaff

Why are you playing silly beggars for MR? Sure you only referee Division 1 games week in week out you should know

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on April 09, 2023, 10:38:14 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2023, 09:54:14 AM

Not doubting that CB, that wasn't the question though, it was who should be playing that isn't
You asked who should be playing that wasn't, Sean ONeill is one for definite. Just hope his confidence hasn't been knocked too much by his treatment.  Don't want to be too personal but truthfully Jack Dowling and McLarnon from St Paul's would be reserve players in Cargin.

No it was (and I didn't ask the question)

EOC1923

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 09, 2023, 10:40:07 AM
So basically fill the team with Cargin players and we would have beaten Armagh ?
No definitely not, but don't put sub standard players into that environment

country bumpkin

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on April 09, 2023, 11:02:19 AM
J Finnegan,C MC Larnon definitely not county standard either is P Finnegan or Dowling who came on either,R Murray to be truthful ain't either, but they put their hand up when asked to come on board,loughran coming on wtf,dicked about all year,then is available come championship for a cameo,take MC bride off when 1 thing is with him he'll keep giving his all,and on the S O Neill topic,not physically built enough to play inter county yet,let him develop into the baller he is/will be in the next couple off years,he's playing with in my eyes a set up better suited to him and his football that being cargin seniors wher he gets to express himself

Saying nathin, but Sean og is as physically as well equipped as was Keven Madden or Kevin Brady.....amongst the best wing backs about.....(only imo)

geezer

O'neill should be starting. Along with cahir donnelly. A bit young yet but hes better than any of the full back line that played yesterday. McCabe done ok but hes better out the field.

EOC & CB, any reason Ciaran bradley doesnt play? Cracking player.

geezer

G+T, agree with some of your comments but Ryan Murray not county standard? Was clearly not 100% fit yesterday. Has been 1 of Antrims most consistent players over the last 10 years.

EOC1923

Not sure why geezer but yes a good player surely

Sportacus

No doubt about it there's half a dozen good players not on the pitch, but that's nothing new for Antrim.  That's what happens when you are bottom of the pile and don't even have a stadium.
It's exacerbated by the fact McEntee is completely new to the scene so inevitably couldn't have seen the full picture of who is out there. 
The best way forward for me is that he gives the Tailteann his best shot and takes in every game on the senior championship to see who he's missed.
The big upside was that he's a complete clean slate with no axe to grind with anyone, or favours with any aul mates. Stick with it.  If he's only in it for the dollars then that will become evident soon enough, but right now is too soon in my honest opinion. He didn't exactly inherit an amazing set up with great structures and an underage pipeline to die for.