Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Not sure there is Jim.

Putting up some show thus far at least. Hopefully can keep this up.

realisticsaff

Pathetic mentality to throw that away, 4-29 conceded in just 2 games against bang average sides at best, I'll stick with my prediction of saying we wont win a game this year, the excitement over the Mcentee appointment is long gone

Spike

Milltown Row2

Quote from: realisticsaff on February 04, 2023, 07:55:08 PM
Pathetic mentality to throw that away, 4-29 conceded in just 2 games against bang average sides at best, I'll stick with my prediction of saying we wont win a game this year, the excitement over the Mcentee appointment is long gone

Are you still sore? Are saffron voice back yet?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

realisticsaff

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on February 04, 2023, 08:09:11 PM
Hard one to take but a good effort in a game we were widely predicted to get slaughtered in.

Does it really matter tho? Might as well have got slaughtered because it's still 2 losses from 2

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2023, 08:11:14 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on February 04, 2023, 07:55:08 PM

Are you still sore? Are saffron voice back yet?

What even is this reply lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on February 04, 2023, 08:14:10 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on February 04, 2023, 08:11:58 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on February 04, 2023, 08:09:11 PM
Hard one to take but a good effort in a game we were widely predicted to get slaughtered in.

Does it really matter tho? Might as well have got slaughtered because it's still 2 losses from 2
I'd rather we were competitive than slaughtered, yes.

He'd rather hammer into the team than be behind it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Those 2 team that bate us came down from Div 2 so need to panic   hold your nerve

ardtole

Antrim will stay up if they maintain tonight's level if performance.

EOC1923

I wasn't there but sounds a massive improvement from last week, something to build on

JimStynes

Enda didnt think Ruairi was good enough for his panel 🤷🏽‍♂️

bannside

Anyone who actually supports Antrim will recognise that performance tonight as one of the best in a long time. We went toe to toe with Down all over the pitch, and came out on the wrong side of a monumental shoot out. Andy is still learning about his players, and many of them can hold their heads high. The Lamh Dhearg trio were excellent,  along with Joseph Finnegan at CHB and Conor Stewart in midfield.

The early loss of Dermot Mc Aleese after 5 mins with a suspected broken jaw didn't help our cause, and the superb Kevin Small retired with a niggle at HT. The second half saw Peter Healy coming off with an injury and Andy removed Ryan Murray who was simply superb as he had a yellow card and was throwing himself into tackles one after the other.

The combined loss of these four ultimately told a tale in the last ten minutes, I've no doubt had they been able to see the game out we would have held on.

Don't mention the referee who bottled out of giving us a certain 14 yard free to equalise in the last minute for a foul on the excellent Aghagallon Ruairi McCann.

Sportacus

I'm taking the positives.  We went down to Newry and kicked 2-17.  Somethings right there.

Lár na páirce 1

Anyone any more news on this option 3 being available to clubs tomorrow night seems strange for Antrim to just leave it out as an option!

BrendanAntrim

Sticking my neck out perhaps but, judging by results to date, I think we can target wins over Longford, Fermanagh, Tipperary to stay up.