Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnish oggie

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 27, 2022, 08:53:46 AM
Quote from: SaffronSports on October 27, 2022, 12:12:22 AM
I think there's a place for it and if people realise it's not necessarily who is the best player but more who had the biggest impact in their respective Championship then it's worthwhile.

And do you think the 'public' will be fooled again when they
did see the leaders in the poll at close of play pushed aside and reconstructed by an individual who is certainly not an avid spectator.....

It was the same last year, the public vote meant nothing as those that topped the vote, even by large margins, didn't necessarily get picked.

All back to the behind closed doors vote of the panel....or maybe one person.

whatwillbwillb

Just to mention that Frankie Wilson passed away this morning, the lad was an absolute gentleman, the very best . Thoughts and prayers with the family at this time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on October 28, 2022, 08:30:01 AM
Just to mention that Frankie Wilson passed away this morning, the lad was an absolute gentleman, the very best . Thoughts and prayers with the family at this time.

Devastating news, an great guy lovely family man and a great Gael and sportsman.. Thoughts and prayers for his family during this period

Life is so short for some
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Ah no that is truly awful news. RIP Frankie, a great player I know and also a great person by all accounts.

Jeepers Creepers

imtommygunn

Ah jesus. I saw a photo of him recently and wondered was he ill as he didn't look well. That's awful sad  :(

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 28, 2022, 09:11:00 AM

Ah jesus. I saw a photo of him recently and wondered was he ill as he didn't look well. That's awful sad  :(

Hasn't been well for a while sadly. He once told me he wanted to retire to the Ards peninsula.

RIP Frankie, lovely lad who all the kids in Knock that I know couldn't speak highly enough of.

Newbridge Exile

Desperately sad news , he was the same year as me at the Poly  a gentleman who always had a smile on his face

Pub Bore

Very sad news.  Great footballer. Ar dhéis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.

imtommygunn

I didn't realise Derriaghy had a club at some point. Awful sad this.

breakingball

They still do... its called Eire on

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 28, 2022, 11:10:34 AM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: breakingball on October 28, 2022, 01:28:47 PM

Well yes and no, I think they were stand alone clubs at one point then changed over, as Frankie says he moved on to Lamhs and some of the Eire og lads did at juvenile then went back to their 'own' clubs at senior

Can't remember playing against Derriaghy but remember Frankie for Lamhs, some pace and intelligent with the ball 

He came back into Antrim over 40's and still had pace ffs!!

Sadly missed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Sad news.....Frankie was a super footballer and a most likeable lad.
May his good soul Rest in Peace, and Mary Queen of the Gael wrap her arms around and comfort his grieving family....

imtommygunn

Quote from: breakingball on October 28, 2022, 01:28:47 PM

Suppose that is the area alright but didn't think it was the same club.