Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on October 21, 2022, 02:17:41 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 21, 2022, 01:38:33 PM
Quote from: Spike on October 21, 2022, 12:27:41 PM

So leave the county Senior Champions with 1 player in the forward line and Aghagallon with 3?  Not sure about that one

No because my point is that the senior championship would have their own players. Cargin, Aghagallon, Creggan, PG1 etc would all have more chance as they wouldn't be up against junior and intermediate players well.

And Paul McCann is a good player but I wouldn't pick him over Adam Loughran. I'd have other Cargin players in before Paul.

I'd have Paul over every mccann brother
The work he does is unseen yet phenomenal for Cargin him and Big Stork two vital cogs in a well oiled machine

Good player surely. But I know when the game is in the balance I'd want Tomas on the ball!

Spike

Quote from: JimStynes on October 21, 2022, 02:35:39 PM

So leave the county Senior Champions with 1 player in the forward line and Aghagallon with 3?  Not sure about that one

No because my point is that the senior championship would have their own players. Cargin, Aghagallon, Creggan, PG1 etc would all have more chance as they wouldn't be up against junior and intermediate players well.

And Paul McCann is a good player but I wouldn't pick him over Adam Loughran. I'd have other Cargin players in before Paul.

The work he does is unseen yet phenomenal for Cargin him and Big Stork two vital cogs in a well oiled machine

Good player surely. But I know when the game is in the balance I'd want Tomas on the ball!

When you're eight points down in a county final its Gerard and Paul McCann you need.  As good as Adam is, when the pressure came on in that 2nd half it was Paul who raised his game and Adam who disappeared. Some men are built for leagues, and others for championships 

JimStynes

Quote from: Spike on October 21, 2022, 03:07:52 PM

When you're eight points down in a county final its Gerard and Paul McCann you need.  As good as Adam is, when the pressure came on in that 2nd half it was Paul who raised his game and Adam who disappeared. Some men are built for leagues, and others for championships

Very unfair to say Adam went missing. And I wasn't talking about Adam in that last post. I was talking Tomas McCann. I said when the game is in the balance I'd pick Tomas to be on the ball. Look how many times he has saved Cargin! Including the semi final this year again Creggan. He also made a brilliant tackle against us in extra time that set up a score when they needed it most. Are you really going to pick Paul McCann over Tomas??

Would ye whist

They did last year and no doubt Parke will be ref of the year this year

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2022, 02:32:11 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on October 21, 2022, 01:52:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2022, 11:47:33 AM
Quote from: Spike on October 21, 2022, 11:43:34 AM
Have to say I disagree on this point.   Pearses and Dunloy should be fully recognised and deservedly given full Allstars treatment but at their own championship level.

Senior championship is operating at a higher grade, is more difficult and therefore should be recognised as suchhhhhhhhh.

Am not trying to detract from the Junior or Intermediate championships but those who had a great year in the senior championship such as Adam Loughran, should not be missing out just so someone, playing in a lesser competition can get an allstar.   It doesn't happen at national level.   

Caveat: Recognise the Devenish may not want to sponsor 3 awards either!

Knew it was you lol!!

Yeah I sort of agree with that but look, its all about opinions and while its great for the player to be recognised what do you get out of it other than a free dinner?

That said I'm waiting on referee of the year prize award  ;D ;D ;D ;D

you must be good at holding your breath

;)

Sure the click is bound to collect something ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on October 21, 2022, 05:12:10 PM

Have to say I disagree on this point.   Pearses and Dunloy should be fully recognised and deservedly given full Allstars treatment but at their own championship level.

Senior championship is operating at a higher grade, is more difficult and therefore should be recognised as suchhhhhhhhh.

Am not trying to detract from the Junior or Intermediate championships but those who had a great year in the senior championship such as Adam Loughran, should not be missing out just so someone, playing in a lesser competition can get an allstar.   It doesn't happen at national level.   

Knew it was you lol!!

Yeah I sort of agree with that but look, its all about opinions and while its great for the player to be recognised what do you get out of it other than a free dinner?

;)

The SW ref?

It's actually newtownabbey ;)

My money is on big Sean, Croke park finals day! Minor also and great guy, despite what SV said of his performance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Would ye whist

Yeah sure everyone else on this board is thick bar you MR2, give it a rest as you really are a piece of work!

Sean would be a great call, however I am sure that is a done deal you and the click have decided already

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2022, 05:39:48 PM

Knew it was you lol!!

;)

The SW ref?

My money is on big Sean, Croke park finals day! Minor also and great guy, despite what SV said of his performance

country bumpkin

Quote from: geezer on October 21, 2022, 01:42:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2022, 01:34:45 PM
Quote from: geezer on October 21, 2022, 01:31:38 PM
Well done to the winners but the voting is pretty meaningless. Half the team shoe horned into positions they werent nominated for. Doesnt make much sense.

I've seen that in the actual All Stars awards from Croke

100%. I understand that getting punters to vote gathers interest but its for nothing really. Panel of journalists and whoever else picks the team have final say. Votes dont matter.

Not a panel.of journists.......perhaps one....

Spike

Quote from: JimStynes on October 21, 2022, 03:25:42 PM

Very unfair to say Adam went missing. And I wasn't talking about Adam in that last post. I was talking Tomas McCann. I said when the game is in the balance I'd pick Tomas to be on the ball. Look how many times he has saved Cargin! Including the semi final this year again Creggan. He also made a brilliant tackle against us in extra time that set up a score when they needed it most. Are you really going to pick Paul McCann over Tomas??

I am being harsh on Adam, but I would pick the other 2 over him if I was heading into a championship decider.      Sure its only an opinion.  Adams a good player of course. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on October 21, 2022, 05:47:23 PM
Yeah sure everyone else on this board is thick bar you MR2, give it a rest as you really are a piece of work!

Sean would be a great call, however I am sure that is a done deal you and the click have decided already

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2022, 05:39:48 PM

Knew it was you lol!!

;)

The SW ref?

I put a smiley face at Newtownabbey, you are getting your knickers in a twist.

Piece of work?

Look it's ok for you to have an opinion but if someone else has an opinion that's different to yours then they are a piece of work?

Wise up, the paranoia in the SW is very strong, no one, especially ref's don't care who wins or loses unless it's their club,  that's the first thing you have to recognise, when you realise that then you can move on, enjoy life ya miserable sod :o

#Uppatheclick #freethesv2
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: JimStynes on October 21, 2022, 03:25:42 PM

That's his job I wouldn't say saving cargin he's just doing his job same as rest of the players
Don't get me wrong Tomas is a class act always has been but what I'm saying is how important Paul and stork are to the cargin set up
We've only Con johnston to come in next year and bolster that too, but we are an ageing team apparently, good luck to the rest.

Lár na páirce 1

I'd think won't be like for like but deffo another great side coming to compliment what's already in place, always evolving that's why we stay there or there abouts and that's going on 30/40 years now may I add!!

Hoof Hearted

Will young Johnston be eligible if these proposals go through for underage change?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 22, 2022, 06:12:31 AM
Will young Johnston be eligible if these proposals go through for underage change?

Conhuir will not be eligible for seniors next year if minor grade returns to 18.
In such event Cargin are well staffed by teenagers like Conan Johnston, Benen Kelly, Cahir Donnelly etc who are chomping at the bit to get in there, but in truth cannot see many of the present squad stepping aside in the near future....

Milltown Row2

Difficult to do whole sale changes when lads hit a certain age.. the McCann's getting on, Justin and O'Boyle a certain age to, McShane (under used this year) and of course Laverty ...

If they were to step down in next couple of years would that youthful team be equipped to step in?

With the lads that'll head off for college and drift away it doesn't look as good!

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 22, 2022, 03:14:16 PM
Difficult to do whole sale changes when lads hit a certain age.. the McCann's getting on, Justin and O'Boyle a certain age to, McShane (under used this year) and of course Laverty ...

If they were to step down in next couple of years would that youthful team be equipped to step in?

With the lads that'll head off for college and drift away it doesn't look as good!
Not many drift away around these parts MR2