Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Cannot envisage Gall's as a force to be reckoned with in the near future....they seem to have numbers but lacking in quality and certainly no continuity as the family connections from super teams of the past.

They could only find 13 for the minor side when Cargin visited a few weeks past....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on July 17, 2022, 09:34:38 AM
Cannot envisage Gall's as a force to be reckoned with in the near future....they seem to have numbers but lacking in quality and certainly no continuity as the family connections from super teams of the past.

They could only find 13 for the minor side when Cargin visited a few weeks past....

Jesus!! That's a real sore point for 13 aside game...

You said in one sentence we have the numbers but then say we only had 13 !

I would it's not a big problem we are overly concerned with

As for families we'd two playing yesterday who's dads lined out at Croke park twice, so along with the rest of you post it's not been well thought out, except we won't be challenging
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

geezer

Bannside, do the Ahoghill lads play for yous underage? I know the stinsons arent about anymore so where do Ahoghills youngsters play?

Their senior team deserves massive credit. Every single year they pull it out of the fire to stay up.

Big Boris is going to play til hes about 60!!

Caesar

Ahoghill have recently sent representatives to speak to a number of different local clubs to find a home for their underage players (including Moneyglass, Ballymena, Portglenone...).
Unsure what the outcome has been.

EOC1923

Quote from: geezer on July 18, 2022, 01:15:17 AM
Bannside, do the Ahoghill lads play for yous underage? I know the stinsons arent about anymore so where do Ahoghills youngsters play?

Their senior team deserves massive credit. Every single year they pull it out of the fire to stay up.

Big Boris is going to play til hes about 60!!
They were unceremoniously dumped by Portglenone a few years back 2019 I think without much notice, that was the rumour anyway. I have seen some of them play for Tir Na Nog in recent times.

marty34

Have Ahoghill no underage at all?

EOC1923

I saw them play our u11s so they may have teams from that age down.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Caesar on July 18, 2022, 09:28:26 AM
Ahoghill have recently sent representatives to speak to a number of different local clubs to find a home for their underage players (including Moneyglass, Ballymena, Portglenone...).
Unsure what the outcome has been.

First I have heard that Ceasar.....have family links in Clooney and Cargin do have a lad playing in our juveniles from St Mary's.

He did refuse to go to PG1......

ck

Is Clooney definitely safe in Div 1? If Aghagallon win they'll be level on points.

EOC1923

Maybe goes on head to head games, I think Ahoghill beat them twice this season.

barnish oggie

Quote from: ck on July 18, 2022, 04:26:59 PM
Is Clooney definitely safe in Div 1? If Aghagallon win they'll be level on points.

Ahoghill beat them home and away so would be safe on head to head and also points difference.......in any case, i can't see Ahoghill losing to us on Wednesday......there would have been a few sore heads on Sunday morning so they won't be up to much!

country bumpkin

Quote from: barnish oggie on July 18, 2022, 04:42:13 PM
Quote from: ck on July 18, 2022, 04:26:59 PM

Ahoghill beat them home and away so would be safe on head to head and also points difference.......in any case, i can't see Ahoghill losing to us on Wednesday......there would have been a few sore heads on Sunday morning so they won't be up to much!

L.Dhearg really looking to give Creggan a run for their money up at Hannahstown tonight...

Seems a lot of their first team not available....PC is wing back....

Milltown Row2

Those important league wins....yawn
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lár na páirce 1

Fully deserving league champions, a brilliant panel effort.
Surely now the bookies will see some sense and install then as the hot favs for the major honour October 9th

country bumpkin

L Dhearg 2-07
Kickham's 0-15.