Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 29, 2022, 01:00:24 PM
Gone. It's on Facebook

Well if it's on fb lol!!

Anyways good luck to him and the back room team, div 3 still better than div 4. Some managers on here will be lining this one up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Anyone got Jim Gavin's number?  He'll have to get in line of course. 

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on May 29, 2022, 12:55:24 PM
I'm not sure why you appear to be so triggered by the Duneane Massive comment or why it would need clarification, but it was a reference to a group of fanboys on this board who all hail from one part of the country and who appear to be devoid of any logical or rational thinking, or indeed, honesty in relation to our current county manager because although adopted, he is one of their own, and therefore must be defended at all times. Hope this helps.

Not a pitch in Duneane or indeed one who would play or games there...
There is  church and a school in that locale ....is your geography a wee bit off.....stop heeding 'somebody else'.

EOC1923

As expected EMcG has stepped away, tough task for the next man in a harder looking division 3.
Duine eile who do you think should take it on, you seem to know all the answers and what's being going wrong.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2022, 01:02:59 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 29, 2022, 01:00:24 PM
Gone. It's on Facebook

Well if it's on fb lol!!

Anyways good luck to him and the back room team, div 3 still better than div 4. Some managers on here will be lining this one up

;D The official county page.

Best of luck to him. We are not an easy county to manage and he did his best and left us better than when he started out. It has unfortunately ended a bit sour but still division three is our level - or arguably above it. The Cavan game did us in really.

erinsboy

Micky Moran managed Creggan before and made little difference.
Damian Cassidy won't make much of a difference in Bellaghy either why ?
The same as Antrim they didn't/don't have the players .
So it won't matter who we get the reality is all they can do is rearrange the deck chairs.Which might get us a short term improvement but it never lasts.

The quick fix won't work the problem is alot bigger than changing managers.The Gaa in Antrim needs a massive cultural revolution.We simply don't have enough people that are passionate about our games .Gealfast won't even put a dent in this problem.

The old saying "the rising tide lifts all ships" comes to mind when thinking about how we need to change to improve.

How we get there I don't have the answer but I'm pretty sure I know the problem.

imtommygunn

We don't have the players to be competitive against Cavan. Leitrim a different story. This goes back to the expectation point.

imtommygunn

We put up a decent show. I don't know if that is the same. I always wonder if teams take it easy against us then do enough to beat us. This year is the first year I ever remember us being a division above a team we play in Ulster. There was no taking us easy based on that.

Cavan won Ulster. Yes it was an exceptional year with pandemic etc but even with that the fact they had players to do that puts them a good bit above us.

Yes I thought we would rattle them a bit this year but let's be honest that was a reality check and not just due to manager

erinsboy

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on May 29, 2022, 02:02:34 PM
We don't have the players to what? Be competitive against Cavan & Leitrim? Really?
[/quote

I am confident we could have beaten Leitrim if all player's where available and Cavan hadn't of giving us a hammering.

But let's be honest with ourselves we are where we are for a reason.Things need to change dramatically for Antrim to be competitive force in Ulster and it isn't always the managers fault, we have changed the manager and again and again it's the same.I am just stating that the problem is bigger than a manager.

imtommygunn

Mental gymnastics is a bullshit term when you don't agree with someone's argument.

I don't think he can be fully absolved and never said that but the standard Cavan are at Vs us is night and day. If you think after seeing us against Cavan and Cavan against Donegal that we are next to near them then tbh you're wrong.

The nature of our performance was the significant concern. Cavan are a different beast than we thought. That's all I'm saying. The Leitrim game different beast. No one could help but be hugely well disillusioned from that.

Hoof Hearted

Kevin madden will be my guess
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

The new Antrim manager will possibly be Duinte Inteach Eile if he seeks the post.
He does seem to have all the answers, and cannot see a long line of applicants...with somebody else assisting him and Duneane seconding the undoubted nomination to follow....

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on May 29, 2022, 04:36:23 PM
Might take Dualtach Johnston with me  ::)
So that will be 'somebody else'..what about Duneane......John Bell as selector.....

Milltown Row2

If Cassidy wants it he should go for it..

If not it needs to be a SW man, they are leading the way and it helps with less manager bashing/blaming

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile an tuaigh

Sad to see Enda go. Antrim created a lot of chances yesterday but the finishing was diabolical.