Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 20, 2022, 09:18:22 AM
Busy weekend for the SAFFS. Friday night minor footballers way to Monaghan. Given our lads poor league form, the split in the mgt, and mgt ringing around trying to coax players who had walked away back the omens are very poor.
Minor hurlers playing Kildare which is their first real test.
Then seniors against Cavan. A month ago i would have been very confident of us beating Cavan but now i don't think so. The poor performances against Louth and Westmeath showed we still have a long way to go in our progression and Cavan looked really strong in the Div 4 final. Big Ricky away is a massive blow.

???

Saffsof82

Quote from: johnnycool on April 20, 2022, 12:35:50 PM
Busy weekend for the SAFFS. Friday night minor footballers way to Monaghan. Given our lads poor league form, the split in the mgt, and mgt ringing around trying to coax players who had walked away back the omens are very poor.
Then seniors against Cavan. A month ago i would have been very confident of us beating Cavan but now i don't think so. The poor performances against Louth and Westmeath showed we still have a long way to go in our progression and Cavan looked really strong in the Div 4 final. Big Ricky away is a massive blow.

???

agh no Jc, Down dont count sure  ;D

EOC1923

Ah no, on the minor footballers thought all that kind of stuff was in the past but sounds like it's very present.

Milltown Row2

Heard they were getting a lot on online abuse and decided to pack it in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2022, 06:20:33 PM
Heard they were getting a lot on online abuse and decided to pack it in

Players or mgt MR?

rogercasement

Jesus lads 9/4 our lads this weekend, jaysus that's buying money.

Saffsof82

Quote from: rogercasement on April 20, 2022, 10:41:31 PM

Are you serious ?

rogercasement

Absolutely they will be backed by me, I'm not a big hitter, but I'll go 40 anyway.

paddyjohn

What split in the mgt?

Cavan19

Quote from: rogercasement on April 20, 2022, 10:41:31 PM

Good price in a 50/50 game.

imtommygunn

Bookies rarely wrong but I guess we will see!!

barnish oggie

Quote from: Flanker on April 14, 2022, 05:22:08 PM
Quote from: Spike on April 14, 2022, 04:54:31 PM
Quote from: Flanker on April 14, 2022, 04:20:08 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on April 14, 2022, 03:26:36 PM
Quote from: bannside on April 14, 2022, 02:56:40 PM
Takes a few years to find your feet Barnish. But it looks like you're there for the duration. Another club making decent strides.

Oh i know, you pick and choose your matches at this stage to do enough to stay up and build from there.

I just think the Creggan game will be interesting from a intensity level, i don't think we will be within 10 scores of them at the end but it'll be good craic if both sets of players are up for the battle!

Would you not be concerned about the building blocks to build from. Juvenile teams in Div 3.

Not a great base to be working from.

With the numbers catchment area and facilities does that not need fixed

TNN have regrouped as past 10 years and halted the territorial inroads made by one of their rivals into the town.   If youth numbers and facilities are anything to go by then TNN are on the right track.

Agree was just surprised with the upturn to see u17 & u15 down in Div 3.Harder to get the next batch to push on to the next level from there.

Sorry for jumping back but i am only catching up now.

I see what you mean, and i assume you are referring to our U15 and U17 playing in Div 3.

Honestly my view on this is, of the U17 age group, we have low numbers of one of the school class ages and have to have 6 or so U15s playing up.

So the decision was taken to drop them down to Div 3 as they wouldn't be strong enough with having to play both age groups, as well as U15 hurling.

However, if you look at the results so far, there is an argument we should have been in Div 2.

With the U15s, we definitely should have been in Div 2.

Not sure what the thinking behind that was, although seeing as last years U15s lost every game they maybe wanted to give those lads from last year a bit of a confidence boost.

I disagree with that view and think we could have held our own in div 2 and it would be better for their development as the first two games were walk overs.

Our U13s beat a good few of those Div 2 teams last year so no reason to think why we should be in a lower division than them this year.

As someone else mentioned, the important thing is having say 3 players that have the potential to go straight into senior setup once they are out of minor and between U20 and U17 we definitely have that number to bring through from those teams.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 20, 2022, 09:06:31 AM
Tickets still on general sale for Saturday. Not the expected shortage then that the Corrigan venue was supposed to cause.
So much for the Cavan fans giving it the big un saying they're bringing thousands. Evidently not.

Itchy

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 21, 2022, 03:55:33 PM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 20, 2022, 09:06:31 AM
Tickets still on general sale for Saturday. Not the expected shortage then that the Corrigan venue was supposed to cause.
So much for the Cavan fans giving it the big un saying they're bringing thousands. Evidently not.

2pm throw in on a Saturday, what sort of a stupid time for a game is that. Some of us have jobs. Anyway, let's see who does their talking on the pitch.

Itchy

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 21, 2022, 07:38:19 PM
Have a good day at work.

Thanks, I can book it off but others cant. But I am not going to fight here with you boys, far as I can see ye regularly make a holy show of yourselves arguing amongst yourselves. The talking will be done on the pitch in Corrigan Park on Saturday and you can show the province what ye are made of there. May the best team win.