Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanSouth

Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2007, 06:30:54 PM
Kevin McGourty back in the Antrim panel...............according to Adrian Logan.

Aye i saw that in several media outlets, i really thought it would have been low key and he would just join the panel with the minimum of fuss......... ;)

milltown row

nothing to do with the grants i hope :P

do dual players get paid twice?

maxpower

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 04, 2007, 11:08:07 AM
Glad that LD stayed up - would have been a big blow to the west to lose Rossa and LD in consecutive years.  Paddy Cunningham was outstanding I believe, but has had to visit the hospital in the aftermath of the game. Perhaps maxpower can explain why.
Disappointed that it was Moneyglass and not Dunloy who stayed up.  I can't see how St. Paul's can refuse to play a game without forfeiting the points.

Quote from: maxpower on December 04, 2007, 10:51:30 AM
i heard the very seem thing, it seems dunloy seem to get quite harshl treated by CCC in football related matters.  with this coming after the Minors weren't given there chance at an County Final last year

Your minors were indeed given the chance to play in the county final last year, they chose not to take it and tried to unilaterally rearrange the fixture instead.

I don't know what that is trying to imply buti wasn't even at the game
What happens next????

saffron sam2

Quote from: maxpower on December 05, 2007, 10:39:56 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 04, 2007, 11:08:07 AM
Glad that LD stayed up - would have been a big blow to the west to lose Rossa and LD in consecutive years.  Paddy Cunningham was outstanding I believe, but has had to visit the hospital in the aftermath of the game. Perhaps maxpower can explain why.
Disappointed that it was Moneyglass and not Dunloy who stayed up.  I can't see how St. Paul's can refuse to play a game without forfeiting the points.

Quote from: maxpower on December 04, 2007, 10:51:30 AM
i heard the very seem thing, it seems dunloy seem to get quite harshl treated by CCC in football related matters.  with this coming after the Minors weren't given there chance at an County Final last year

Your minors were indeed given the chance to play in the county final last year, they chose not to take it and tried to unilaterally rearrange the fixture instead.

I don't know what that is trying to imply buti wasn't even at the game

Not trying to imply anything. I heard that Cunningham was taken out and thought that as a Dunloy man you might have been in a better position to comment on what happened. I am now told that the 'tackle' may not have been responsible for the hospitalisation.

There are other more pressing worries here that I am not going to discuss on  a public forum.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Dunloy

I was at the game on Sunday, cant say i seen anything happening to Cunningham,wouldnt really be in our team to deploy such harsh tactics to be honest, were a young team. thought he was excellent. as for the other thing its possible i know what your talking about.

NAG

Think everyone on this board has a fair idea!

ONeill

Good luck and best wishes to Paddy Cunningham on his recuperation.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Glensman

Anyone care to expand on what happened to Paddy Cunningham?
There was an insinuation something happened involving Dunloy but then that appears to have fallen away.

If he's injured I wish him all the best. A great forward.

hitzelsperger

Cunningham got a knock in the stomach which caused damage resulting in him having appendix removed the following day!

ONeill

I heard the oul boy McGourty was standing at the bedside with a contract in his hand and yer man Paddy pumped full of drugs.

Dirty move.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Old Bill

Quote from: ONeill on December 06, 2007, 07:40:01 PM
I heard the oul boy McGourty was standing at the bedside with a contract in his hand and yer man Paddy pumped full of drugs.

Dirty move.
What happened?  heard paddy got a bad blow and that but never heard bout what u are trying to say?

saffron sam2

Quote from: ONeill on December 06, 2007, 07:40:01 PM

Dirty move.

Heard that too.  He (McGourty) was also spotted fluffing up Paddy's pillows and reading snippets from "The Gambler" by Oisin McConville. His attempts to feed young Cunningham with a packet of Jammie Dodgers (best before date Aug. 2007) were thwarted by a vigilant nurse.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Old Bill

Are st galls lookin paddy cunningham?  Havent caught on yet!

Gold

will someone going to that Div 1/2 playoff post a report after for me

i cant make it
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

billy the kid

http://www.ofonebelief.org/

Get registered boys its our chance to show the prima donnas what we think and to stop the central council going over our heads
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!