Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

So Con Magee's hammered Creggan, bate Tir na Og also in their group. Be hard to beat in the final, done work going on down there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 05:27:20 PM
So Con Magee's hammered Creggan, bate Tir na Og also in their group. Be hard to beat in the final, done work going on down there

It's been a joke of a competition! Also does that Con Magee's team not have fellas from all over North Antrim playing for them?

country bumpkin

No wonder BS thought Tomas did not deserve his place in that poll....
Sure he only bagged 6-41 ......poor enough return.

bannside

Wise up CB, read again carefully. Where did anyone say he didn't deserve a place on the poll?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2021, 06:42:20 PM

It's been a joke of a competition! Also does that Con Magee's team not have fellas from all over North Antrim playing for them?

Now now, there's no way teams in north Antrim or south west Antrim have players from other teams playing... it can not be!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BealnaBlath

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 07:04:36 PM

Now now, there's no way teams in north Antrim or south west Antrim have players from other teams playing... it can not be!!

Think I've same before that I know up here that Ballymena, Dunloy and Glenravel all have players from different clubs originally. This nonsense that Belfast is worse or vice versa doesn't stand. Every part of the county has clubs with different players from original clubs.

Been away for a few days and have to apologise that I got some info corrected on Glenravel management that I posted before, the boy from Moneyglass called Marron is a no go and the Hannahstown lad Bunting Ballymena bound.

Give us some more white smoke and craic to talk about and paid management, we haven't had debate in a while.

On side note, great to see Skinny rewarded for his refereeing in Minor alll Ireland final by ulster gaa.
Could we get him involved in football refereeing as well? Would love more dual referees. Would benefit officials massively and the games. Some great refs in both codes that would love to see do either or

JimStynes

Quote from: BealnaBlath on November 21, 2021, 07:15:09 PM

Think I've same before that I know up here that Ballymena, Dunloy and Glenravel all have players from different clubs originally. This nonsense that Belfast is worse or vice versa doesn't stand. Every part of the county has clubs with different players from original clubs.

Been away for a few days and have to apologise that I got some info corrected on Glenravel management that I posted before, the boy from Moneyglass called Marron is a no go and the Hannahstown lad Bunting Ballymena bound.

Give us some more white smoke and craic to talk about and paid management, we haven't had debate in a while.

On side note, great to see Skinny rewarded for his refereeing in Minor alll Ireland final by ulster gaa.
Could we get him involved in football refereeing as well? Would love more dual referees. Would benefit officials massively and the games. Some great refs in both codes that would love to see do either or

Well then we must be the only club in Antrim/Armagh to have all of our own homegrown players at senior level

Milltown Row2

Skinny did football at the start, he played football/hurling for club, but happy with club and inter county hurling ref'ing. Big commitment to ask.

Hoof Hearted

South West clubs would never take players from other clubs  sure they wouldn't bannside  ;)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2021, 07:32:42 PM

Well then we must be the only club in Antrim/Armagh to have all of our own homegrown players at senior level

Just managers  ;)

bannside

Best days of your life Big Yin lol....

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 21, 2021, 06:53:45 PM
Wise up CB, read again carefully. Where did anyone say he didn't deserve a place on the poll?

I know your judgement was on how that lad, who is a good'n managed to score 0-01 against PG1.....

BealnaBlath

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 07:34:59 PM

Skinny did football at the start, he played football/hurling for club, but happy with club and inter county hurling ref'ing. Big commitment to ask.

Oh I know he did lad and not bad either. Massive commitment. Should have phrased better. Could we mix and match the codes more? Less hurling and few football games for a skinny and vice versa for a Laverty or Doherty. Works well with yourself, McDonald and O'Neill now.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 07:41:49 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2021, 07:32:42 PM

Just managers  ;)

What managers? We currently don't have any.

Milltown Row2

You do what ya can. In fairness to Colm's schedule he puts in the hours.

Here's some games that need to be covered...

All your underage, hurling football
Regional games both codes
Senior grades both codes
School
Colleges
Ladies
Camogie
Inter county

You could literally be out every night of the week.

I'd a lad give off during a game giving off about a decision,  saying he's training all year, WTF am I doing all year?

Like I say every year, the course generally starts in January, the more ex players, keen GAA heads or armchair experts are all welcomed