Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogercasement

Quote from: HealthySaff on November 07, 2021, 10:16:06 PM
Casements going into the transfer market Roger?

What a ridiculous thing to say! Stupid in fact!

HealthySaff

Relax Roger, lots of clubs in the market for a new manager.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 08, 2021, 07:39:46 AM
All these people who support the payment of managers get very tetchy when anyone mentions it.

And pray tell which of those clubs successful.thus far in 2021 have not made use of outside management....with the quite obvious huge profile gained by your own outstanding example....
Then pray tell how many of our dutiful referees refuse their match payment.
Then turn attention to our hard grafting members of Coiste Baniste and all of the associated committes who refuse their 'travel allowance.

Do not consider an Runai or members of provincial and central committes and associated quangos....

It's the oddest thing.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 08, 2021, 08:01:58 AM
If any of those things are in breach of the rules of the association, they should stop too.

Think you need to get real, my anonymous friend.

Instead of continuous sniping from the undergrowth step out into the real world.
Look within and declare the pride you hold in the development of your own unit.
Reveal your identity and perhaps those whom you declare 'winners will glimpse the light and follow such splendid lead.

Milltown Row2

Whether his club pays or doesn't ( can't remember an outside manager other than the soccer guy, can't mind his name at the minute, had his own personal gun!) he feels paying is in breach of the rules, which it is, the rules need looked at. Just because 99% of the clubs are doing it doesn't make tv right.

Matt Bradley, neighbour of mine, probably did play for Rossa, not sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

wat about a rule that you have to b member of club to take a team? u can't be a member of 2 clubs i think and it would bring a bit of scrutiny to thoese ignoring the rules

stiffler

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 08, 2021, 12:58:08 PM
wat about a rule that you have to b member of club to take a team? u can't be a member of 2 clubs i think and it would bring a bit of scrutiny to thoese ignoring the rules

Easy enough to get round, have a clubman as manager, with the outside guy as coach. It would be impossible to govern.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

EOC1923

Also while we are at it make it only club members allowed to do any work around a club. So even if you don't have that qualified electrician, brickie or a plumber it has to be a club member who does it for free in all cases at their own time and expense. Yes that will work.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 08, 2021, 12:58:08 PM
That is a new one for me......thought I had a fair knowledge of the O G......rule number ?

HealthySaff

What rule number allowed for 5 minutes of extra time in our showcase SF Country B?

country bumpkin

Quote from: HealthySaff on November 08, 2021, 05:45:10 PM
What rule number allowed for 5 minutes of extra time in our showcase SF Country B?
No.idea......

imtommygunn

Is there anyone interested in the county final? Creggan by 3. I see aghagallon won the Breslin cup so must be strong at that age too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HealthySaff on November 08, 2021, 05:45:10 PM

Should have been 8 minutes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2021, 06:13:19 PM
Is there anyone interested in the county final? Creggan by 3. I see aghagallon won the Breslin cup so must be strong at that age too.
Creggan favourites based on their track record.  Further down the road than Aghagallon, but then again  everyone said that about Portglenone too!  Hoping for Creggan don't run away with it by 10 or 12 points. Everyone wants to see a contest.

HealthySaff

Creggan by 7. The trophy is coming home.