Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 01, 2021, 10:02:44 AM
Every club is sent rules and regulations before the commencement of a championship by the county secretary.
I feel for the St Marys boys on here but its not PG1 fault.

If PG1 had the correct rules sent to them did they not read them?

Do  clubs not have an allowance of 2 officials inside the wire to keep them right on rules & regulations.... Subs, blood subs and other

If you have been sent the rules and regulations and ignore them..... Well do you not have to have a look internally

If you haven't been given them then that is a different story

With technology now I'm sure any emails with the rules guidelines could have been read quite quickly if you weren't happy with procedings

asaffgael

Did the referee and co board officials at the game not read them?

Again not sure how this is Portglenone's fault

JimStynes

Both managers and officials all came together at the end of the game.  It was agreed that 10 mins each way for extra time would be played and then an extra 5 mins each way for extra extra time. Everyone agreed and played the game out.

Truth hurts

The biggest shit show is that on the same day the junior final finished in the correct way. Mental stuff

imtommygunn

Really this is not what we should be talking about today  :-\

asaffgael

Ah now Jim so managers and officials can decide the rules now...
Sure let's toss a coin here lads to see who wins and save the players legs from playing extra time - aghagallon heads or tails?

NatSoSaff

Not PG1's fault, but it's embarrassing that they now cry foul and seek a replay after getting beat fair and square in terms of a contest. Both teams had the same amount of seconds to win the game. Neither team flagged up an issue with playing extra-extra time, both teams shook hands and left the field after a fantastic contest. Move on. Seeking a replay now on a technicality is seriously distasteful. I would expect better from PG1

Sportacus

Shambles.  I'll say again, no wonder we're a county who others look down at.  Laughing stock, don't even know our own rules in the semi final of our show piece competition.

JimStynes

When the County Chairman walked onto the pitch and stopped Paddy Cunningham from kick the ball during the kick off against PG1, that wasn't in the rules that night.

Calm Down

Whilst technically PG1 nay be correct in terms of the game not being finished after the 2x10 mins, they should surely accept that they were given the same opportunity to win/loose the game as Aghagallon!

I do not think PG1 will gain many friends with an appeal (not that they will care about gaining friends), however in the last few years, this year especially they seem to have turned into an awful club for crying foul when beaten, if it isn't a referee its a technicality, not down to the fact that the management for most left a man to mark Eunan Walsh who was no where near him. Yes a technical error was made but that wasn't the beating of PG1.

PG1 have some grace and use it as fire in the belly for next year, if you do seek a replay I hope Aghagallon win that also   

Caesar

Hopefully common sense prevails and Aghagallon can proceed to the final without the need for a replay.

Even if the protocol was not correct, Aghagallon gained no advantage over Casements. Aghagallon were the better team on the day.

Flanker

Quote from: asaffgael on November 01, 2021, 10:24:23 AM
Did the referee and co board officials at the game not read them?

Again not sure how this is Portglenone's fault

That may be correct but PG1 officials and management have a responsibility to read them as well

It looks like no one read them so everyone culpable including Aghagallen

It doesn't sound like PG1 had any objections to proceedings which is understandable.

I don't think any Official, manager or player would refuse a second tranche of ET over going to penalties straight after the first period if given that opportunity. (Well maybe BS with PG1's excellent penalty takers).

So everyone culpable, agreed proceedings...aftee the outcome finger pointing starts

If you didn't get the guidlines/ rules then different story

If you did then you were sleeping at the wheel

antrimman667

Typical Antrim having to make a name for themselves for all the wrong reasons.

A. Playing that semi final up in St.Endas with a mile walk to get to the pitch
B. messing up extra time in a SFC semi

Only in Antrim  :D

toby47

Quote from: Caesar on November 01, 2021, 10:48:45 AM
Hopefully common sense prevails and Aghagallon can proceed to the final without the need for a replay.

Even if the protocol was not correct, Aghagallon gained no advantage over Casements. Aghagallon were the better team on the day.

I would agree with this perspective.

Truth hurts

Have PG1 ever won a senior football championship? The game was finished incorrectly therefore a good grounds for appeal. I would imagine there will be a big meeting in PG1 tonight? 72 hours usually to enforce an appeal.