Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Big shout out to Kevin O Boyle on his recently announced retirement from inter county football. KOBO was  a bit unfortunate with injuries in the latter part of his career, but had done more than enough in the six or eight years when he was in his prime to be remembered as a Saffron legend.

As honest as they came, and a gentleman on and off the pitch, all we can say is thank you Kevin for giving us so many memorable moments in Saffron.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on February 07, 2021, 08:23:24 PM
Big shout out to Kevin O Boyle on his recently announced retirement from inter county football. KOBO was  a bit unfortunate with injuries in the latter part of his career, but had done more than enough in the six or eight years when he was in his prime to be remembered as a Saffron legend.

As honest as they came, and a gentleman on and off the pitch, all we can say is thank you Kevin for giving us so many memorable moments in Saffron.

Quality player and as honest defender you'll get. Plays the game with the right attitude every time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2021, 08:09:11 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 07, 2021, 07:11:25 PM
U20 laegue looks like a fresh new Approach and fingers crossed - any1 no what night itS planned for? think that will b importnat to make it work

So not a weekend night? As they'll be partying at weekends
yes ! And not close to senioR matches mon or Tuesday night

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 07, 2021, 10:13:32 PM
U20 laegue looks like a fresh new Approach and fingers crossed - any1 no what night itS planned for? think that will b importnat to make it work

What about employing non contact as well, you wouldn't want them hurting themselves...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2021, 10:17:32 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 07, 2021, 10:13:32 PM

What about employing non contact as well, you wouldn't want them hurting themselves...
wouldnt want to confuse the refS any more than they are already !  ;D

AirlockCityCentre

No football to Easter now at the earliest! Will we see a season at all? All this lockdown makes me miss even pre-season!

delgany

Quote from: AirlockCityCentre on February 10, 2021, 09:05:50 PM
No football to Easter now at the earliest! Will we see a season at all? All this lockdown makes me miss even pre-season!

Antrim football leagues were due to start after Easter - anyway!

marty34

Quote from: AirlockCityCentre on February 10, 2021, 09:05:50 PM

Bring back the Mc Kenna Cup!!

BigBallWeeBall

As I've said before.. Even the McKenna's don't go to the McKenna Cup games 😂

Sportacus

Are managers getting paid 80% Furlough?

groundlie

It looks like it's going to be similar to last year. The county game will be pushed back to September and it will be just championship.

Na Glinntí Glasa

A season like last year would work tho the GAA will be wanting to push the All irelands to later in the year to see if they can get people in at the games.
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

THE Gaa didn't ask for eLite status in the free state but soccer and rugBy did? whats that about????

NAG1

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 12, 2021, 01:26:51 PM
THE Gaa didn't ask for eLite status in the free state but soccer and rugBy did? whats that about????

I would imagine it is a combination of wait and see how things go over the next few months & avoiding any negative publicity. I think it would preferable to all to be able to open up the clubs again and get communities back to those in the fullness of time. This would avoid the fiasco of 200 tickets for games etc.

The county game while it was genuinely first class last year, now that they know it can be done in this manner they have the flexibility to wait and see if there will be enough restrictions lifted to get some level of crowds at the games.

We all know the LoI is not elite level sport, there are half a dozen or more county set ups which would put the best of LoI to shame. I think they are trying to box clever a bit here. IMO if we wait a while and get a clear picture of how the summer and autumn look, then we plan it out and stick to it as an organisation top to bottom. Get back as close as we can to the structures we are used too for all members.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Sportacus on February 10, 2021, 11:35:15 PM
Are managers getting paid 80% Furlough?
wouldn't think SO but surely refs r gettinG some support from GAA as memebrs of staff?