Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: antrimman667 on November 12, 2020, 04:21:30 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 12, 2020, 04:00:25 PM
Angermanagement...Hugh Mc Gettigan perfect choice if he was chosen as DOF. No better man.
hugh is as clueless as lenny  ;D

Very  hash and very disrespectful tbh.

bannside

Tomorrow is the last day for nominations to coiste bainiste if any one on here would like to offer the benefit of their wisdom at a higher level. Who the holy heck wants to step into Sean Kellys shoes as PRO. As far as I know Sean has to step down. Then we are likely to find out how spoiled we actually were for the last four years!!

ONeill

What was Baker Bradley able to do with Antrim players that no other Antrim manager has never really even nearly done since?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

Instil belief. Cahill was great at it in the hurling too.

imtommygunn

Yeah that would be fair too.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on November 12, 2020, 07:46:57 PM
It would be fair to say that Baker was working with better players than we currently have though?

Our best players now are lads who were playing under Baker, and them now 33-36. Have the likes of Loughrey, McClean, C Brady, K Brady, Scullion, Gallagher, Niblock, Close, T O'Neill been replaced with the same quality?

Did the managers on either side of Baker achieve similar success?

GiveItToTheShooters

So Antrim are apparently after a guy who has done nothing in his two years as a manager with a promising team. Jesus christ the night. I'd say there are even lads on the board with a better managerial CV than Mcginley. Bizarre. But they can't complain if these are the guys theyre going after. If there was a division 5, antrim would be in it.

ONeill

Are Swatragh the promising team?

imtommygunn

They were never going to win Derry. Getting them much improved was surely the objective.

That being said definitely unproven but I would still say he's left swatragh in a much better place than when he started.

The Roscommon game under Dawson was the worst I ever saw.  Hard to know what to make of Mcginley to be honest.

GiveItToTheShooters

Left them in a better place ;D
They got beat by fkn Banagher last year for gods sake ;D, and lost to a brutal Magherafelt team this year. Fair enough they were defending champions etc but theyre shocking

Hoof Hearted

Counties and clubs keep going after the big name
ie players who were great players in their day
Great players don't make great managers
Mickey Harte wasnt a big name player but look what hes done
But i suppose if the regular guy ( like us boys  on here ) don't apply  then what can you do
But if for example bannside and Milltown Row went up against Enda Mcginley and Bran McGuigan, who's going to get it ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

To be fair magherafelt were defending champions. Slaughtneil did make them look ordinary but would have to most teams. I didn't realise banagher beat them the year before. Oops. Ok maybe I retract that he left them in a better place. I thought they had done better.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 12, 2020, 09:58:41 PM
But i suppose if the regular guy ( like us boys  on here ) don't apply  then what can you do
But if for example bannside and Milltown Row went up against Enda Mcginley and Bran McGuigan, who's going to get it ?
I'd rather bannside and MR2

paddyjohn

I'd rather Bannside and MR2 also, but not Belfast GAA man, he'd cost way to much

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 12, 2020, 10:01:44 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 12, 2020, 09:58:41 PM
I'd rather bannside and MR2

I do have some Croke Park experience  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea