Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatSoSaff

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 02, 2017, 08:52:20 AM
fingers crossed they do this time. was at the game myself and it was a good match to watch. i thought we dug in pretty well towards the end of the game when Moneyglass really pushed at us with the wind at their back.

went to the minor B semi final yday. a real miss match and i think this final could be the same. Aldergrove lost to Glenravel in the league and we took them apart fairly easily yday. a silly decision to have us in that competition by our club but going by how they that group fared at U16 they got destroyed in every game they played in. hindsight and all that i suppose.

Excellent game for the neutral friday night. I was seriously impressed with Dunloys hunger to win and it went to prove those lads care as much about winning with the big ball as the small. It was harsh on Moneyglass, I felt neither side deserved to lose on the night, but no doubt what looked a seriously young m'glass outfit will be knocking on the door again next year.
Gutted for the johnnies yesterday, had a massive chance to shake off cargin but by the looks of things theyll be more than equipped to do the job next day out.

paddyjohn

A few of the St Johns faithful complaining on Twitter about the ref yesterday, including a St Johns ref.. Was he that poor?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 02, 2017, 10:34:42 AM
A few of the St Johns faithful complaining on Twitter about the ref yesterday, including a St Johns ref.. Was he that poor?

Was a difficult game to referee to be honest, certainly a game I'd not have been looking forward to do, I think most things were caught, some calls i can see why the Johnnies may complain but some calls they were lucky with as well, near the end I thought a Cargin man was brought down and it would have won it for Cargin but he played on... Lots of off the ball stuff and the lines men and umpires were helping as much as they could and taking some abuse from both coaches/mentors water men subs!!  on both sides, The first 2 sending off's there could be no complaints in my book, both very foolish and not needed, the last one I didnt see that well as there was a mass of lads involved..

Surprised you were not at it, you could have asked Lenny about his plans for the future, though based on that performance by both teams yesterday we are doomed I tell ya
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 02, 2017, 10:44:41 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 02, 2017, 10:34:42 AM

Was a difficult game to referee to be honest, certainly a game I'd not have been looking forward to do, I think most things were caught, some calls i can see why the Johnnies may complain but some calls they were lucky with as well, near the end I thought a Cargin man was brought down and it would have won it for Cargin but he played on... Lots of off the ball stuff and the lines men and umpires were helping as much as they could and taking some abuse from both coaches/mentors water men subs!!  on both sides, The first 2 sending off's there could be no complaints in my book, both very foolish and not needed, the last one I didnt see that well as there was a mass of lads involved..

Surprised you were not at it, you could have asked Lenny about his plans for the future, though based on that performance by both teams yesterday we are doomed I tell ya

Unfortunately my own club were out yesterday also so I went to that instead. I'll speak to Lenny in due course.  ;)

bannside

Thought Paul Mc Keever did exceptionally well yesterday. If he missed one or two it was for both sides and he refused to be intimidated by anyone. Incidentally all five, the ref plus four umpires all sit on our club committee and all played a big role in our new pitch development too. Credit where it's due.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Replay now fixed for Glenavy on Sunday at 4pm. Thought under lights during midweek would have been the better option myself but Glenavy is a good venue all the same

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: NatSoSaff on October 02, 2017, 10:01:50 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 02, 2017, 08:52:20 AM
fingers crossed they do this time. was at the game myself and it was a good match to watch. i thought we dug in pretty well towards the end of the game when Moneyglass really pushed at us with the wind at their back.

went to the minor B semi final yday. a real miss match and i think this final could be the same. Aldergrove lost to Glenravel in the league and we took them apart fairly easily yday. a silly decision to have us in that competition by our club but going by how they that group fared at U16 they got destroyed in every game they played in. hindsight and all that i suppose.

Excellent game for the neutral friday night. I was seriously impressed with Dunloys hunger to win and it went to prove those lads care as much about winning with the big ball as the small. It was harsh on Moneyglass, I felt neither side deserved to lose on the night, but no doubt what looked a seriously young m'glass outfit will be knocking on the door again next year.
Gutted for the johnnies yesterday, had a massive chance to shake off cargin but by the looks of things theyll be more than equipped to do the job next day out.

Yeah it def was a good game to watch. to be fair either team could of won it towards the end. Have to say Moneyglass's goal was a peach. i was the right angle behind it as he hit it on the ground and it flew into the net like a bullet.

Impressed with young Deaglan Smyth in midfield whos still in minor for ourselves. he held his own throughout the game in there. we have a good crop come through from the minors last year so hopefully they can get over the line this time.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

St Brigid's who had a tougher draw than ourselves to get there.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BrendanAntrim

On another note altogether, the 3 South Antrim U12 finals took place at O'Donnells pitch yesterday. Great morning of football, well organised and hosted and some great football played too. Credit where it is due, well done O'Donnells and South Antrim.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on October 02, 2017, 11:54:54 AM
Replay now fixed for Glenavy on Sunday at 4pm. Thought under lights during midweek would have been the better option myself but Glenavy is a good venue all the same
Ahoghill is too close to Toome.....reason enough  :)

paddyjohn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 02, 2017, 06:01:05 PM
Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on October 02, 2017, 11:54:54 AM
Ahoghill is too close to Toome.....reason enough  :)

SW lads complaining about SW venues, sure flipping Lamhs is like a SW venue for flip sake!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Quote from: stiffler on February 14, 2017, 04:38:18 PM
My predictions:

Cargin
Dunloy
Sarsfields

Looking good. If only I was a betting man.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on October 02, 2017, 07:18:32 PM
My predictions:

Cargin
Dunloy
Sarsfields

Nearly there, two teams to finish things off, I'd say the Dunloy game would be the toughest, but picking that (bar Cargin and Sarsfields  ;D ) you could set up your own tipster site!

JimStynes

Quote from: stiffler on October 02, 2017, 07:18:32 PM
My predictions:

Cargin
Dunloy
Sarsfields

You should have waited! Going to scud yourself now.